Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 12:28 PM

12,154 posts, read 7,975,986 times

Advertisements

Dang the NJ forum is pretty spot on with helping people and providing good answers lol. I think ive asked like three questions and gotten direct answers.

My dumpster fire troll-filled thread in the Dogs forum went to hell petty fast w/ asking one question.

Old 05-21-2021, 12:48 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i very much enjoyed the drive out there. i like to look around and see various types of surroundings. the old cabins, houses on whatever water there was and farms are interesting to me.

i dont get bothered pretty much by anything, certainly not nearly enough to get angry at it. i think its better for the mental health to not let things bother you. im sure airborne has a bad temper. he wants to shoot me for not using my turn signal.
You'd love Cumberland County. The 1750s brick farmhouses and former Delaware Bay vacation towns are interesting. I went to Seabreeze when there were still houses there.

https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2017/0...ving_19th.html

If Airborne has a bad temper you wouldn't know it by talking to him. You just don't do that.

You can't signal a lane change?

Old 05-21-2021, 12:48 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Dang the NJ forum is pretty spot on with helping people and providing good answers lol. I think ive asked like three questions and gotten direct answers.

My dumpster fire troll-filled thread in the Dogs forum went to hell petty fast w/ asking one question.
Yes I don’t bother with the Cats forum because once it’s discovered we let our cats outside I’m under attack and the thread becomes about me being a bird-killing monster for letting the cats out.

Old 05-21-2021, 12:57 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You'd love Cumberland County. The 1750s brick farmhouses and former Delaware Bay vacation towns are interesting. I went to Seabreeze when there were still houses there.

https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2017/0...ving_19th.html

If Airborne has a bad temper you wouldn't know it by talking to him. You just don't do that.

You can't signal a lane change?
that is a little far, dont think we would have a good reason to go out there. im pretty easy to entertain, i find interesting stuff outside the car everywhere.

oh he has a temper. short fuse also im sure. probably would even admit to it.

too many people believe that a turn signal for a lane change is like asking them permission to change lanes in front of them (which they will sometimes want to deny by speeding up). i got sick of dealing with that so i just stopped using the signal. i drive from holmdel to brooklyn daily, about 100 miles a day a lot of it highway. i feel like this is pretty common these days, a little surprised by the pushback here. its not at all unsafe, i leave plenty of room and generally go faster than the person im getting in front of.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:06 PM

12,154 posts, read 7,975,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes I don’t bother with the Cats forum because once it’s discovered we let our cats outside I’m under attack and the thread becomes about me being a bird-killing monster for letting the cats out.
lol

Old 05-21-2021, 01:11 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I only recently found 33. My gps took me that way for the first time to get to my oldest sister's house in Monroe. Before that, it had me taking 18 (sometimes it wants me to take the GSP to the Turnpike, which I guess is shorter timewise but stupid mile-wise, so I put "no toll roads" in the criteria).

There are farm stands on 33! I was very excited to see that, because my favorite one on 537 in Colt's Neck seems to have closed down, and I was sad.

My younger sister lives in Sussex County. I drove to her house recently, coming from our mother's in Bergen County, but then drove directly home, and it was a nice ride through some lovely country roads. Until I had to hit 280, of course.
Google won't show me Rt. 33 other than Trenton. All of the honor stands down here are gone. The last two were in Medford Township and Indian Mills.

You want to know this. https://www.co.burlington.nj.us/Calendar.aspx?EID=11268

Old 05-21-2021, 01:23 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,540,780 times
33 from Lawrence to Belmar.

https://goo.gl/maps/YExeT9TgNwGoLpt46

Attached Thumbnails
NJ traffic the battle between courteous and discourteous drivers.-route-33.jpg  

Old 05-21-2021, 01:29 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
And never give you cat dry food! You will be strung up in the town square!

I didn't let my cats out, but it was more about their safety. My sister in the Poconos loses her cats regularly to coyotes but continues to let them roam. One of her cats was killed by the neighbors two dogs. She was upset about that one. Most are strays she's picked up, but her old Siamese doesn't venture further than the porch and has made it to 16. I wouldn't be able to stand losing a cat a year to coyotes, knowing how it died, but she seems to take it in stride. Of course, where i lived with my cats, cars and mean people were more of a concern than predators.

I guess it's the level of risk one can bear.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:33 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
33 from Lawrence to Belmar.

https://goo.gl/maps/YExeT9TgNwGoLpt46
Oh, that's a straight run for you!

I got on 33 at Five Points Road (Freehold Township there maybe? I get on FPR in Colts Neck) and then get off on Applegarth to go to Monroe. Nice ride.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:34 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,540,780 times
Quote:
I wish I could let my cat go outside, I’ve never had a strictly indoor cat before and she’s driving me nuts because she’s so bored. I don’t blame her but she’s still driving me crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey