Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2021, 09:05 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I don’t think anyone said I was or wasn’t. Airborneguy is the one keeping that info top secret.

Airborneguy is the only one sticking up for you saying it's no one's business. 3 people think you're not vaccinated because you're not saying you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
Very likely he isn’t vaccinated. Like I said, most people who are vaccinated will say they are.

The only reason I can think of is if you are very far right, you got the vaccine for health reasons and it would look bad to your far right friends that you got vaccinated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
If someone asked me I would tell them the answer. I don't go around bragging that I am vaccinated, and I didn't do it to follow the herd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
People won't discuss it if they didn't get the vaccine because they are embarrassed they didn't.. Don't know anyone who got the vaccine who embarrassed they got it, but millions who didn't get it are certainly embarrassed. 1.9 Billion vaccines administered worldwide, zero deaths Didn't get the vaccine?....don't knock on my door, you're not coming in whether you're family, friends, or anyone else. Out of concern for my catching Covid? .... nope, out of principle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2021, 09:24 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
I'm adamant about this not to be obtuse but because in the age of instant pariah labeling, I refuse to submit to this type of information becoming normalized in the context of a conversation where people find themselves negatively labeled.

My adamant stance may be rare in an age where people against the tide fold like overcooked spaghetti, but that's just me.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-05-2021, 09:25 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
It looks like Murphy will remove the school mask mandate, or is considering it, for kids 12 and over if vaccinated according to the article Hannah posted.
that will be interesting. our children not having to wear masks in schools has become an important issue for my wife.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
that will be interesting. our children not having to wear masks in schools has become an important issue for my wife.

I'm not a mask nazi but I feel it has helped somewhat to stop me from getting COVID and the flu and who knows what other stomach bug I didn't get this year.

I'll be paying attention to the news to see if the infection rate starts going up again. I know kids are not immune to COVID because a lot of kids had it in my town. My daughter was called just about every day that someone was positive. The kids were wearing masks in school, they probably got infected out of school, not masking and not social distancing.

I guess you and your wife will also see what happens up by you. Hopefully your kids won't be infected if they don't mask.

Old 06-05-2021, 09:42 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
I confess I succumbed to "peer" pressure the other day when I was in Shop Rite, because EVERYONE was wearing a mask, so I put mine on.

That said, I am NOT going to go anywhere for recreation that still requires a mask. Even movie theatres (AMC) aren't requiring one. The place where I used to play bridge, however, IS requiring masks, so they won't see me again until that requirement is lifted.

I suspect Murphy is going to lift the mask mandate before school starts.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:04 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
I'm not a mask nazi but I feel it has helped somewhat to stop me from getting COVID and the flu and who knows what other stomach bug I didn't get this year.

I'll be paying attention to the news to see if the infection rate starts going up again. I know kids are not immune to COVID because a lot of kids had it in my town. My daughter was called just about every day that someone was positive. The kids were wearing masks in school, they probably got infected out of school, not masking and not social distancing.

I guess you and your wife will also see what happens up by you. Hopefully your kids won't be infected if they don't mask.
i assume that if people dont want their kids to wear masks, they are not overly concerned if their kids get the rona. i am somewhat confused by my wife's thoughts on the matter. i prefer not to discuss it as its an emotional issue and i dont really care either way. i told her that if there are mandates in Nj and she wants to move, i wouldnt have a problem moving.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:04 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
Quote:
Airborneguy is the only one sticking up for you saying it's no one's business. 3 people think you're not vaccinated because you're not saying you are.

He’s not sticking up for me. He’s sticking up for himself. I’ve already said I’m vaccinated. These people you’re quoting are referring to him, not me.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:08 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
It isn’t anyone else’s business. I don’t know why we are still debating this.

Do I want everyone to be vaccinated? Absolutely, but it's their choice to make and whether they are or not is no one's business but theirs.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
He’s not sticking up for me. He’s sticking up for himself. I’ve already said I’m vaccinated. These people you’re quoting are referring to him, not me.
I was behind in the thread. Dabaomb asked what you would say to someone if they asked if vaccinated. You eventually replied it's none of their business.

These are the quotes in order. The 2nd person quoted the 1st, then the next quoted that one so I'm just throwing them together because it was one conversation.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
Quote:
Everyone has their reasons for getting the vaccine.

If someone asked you, did you get the vaccine? What would you say?

Would you say, no I'm not going to tell you? It's a personal decision that I'll keep to myself?
I have been asked and told the person asking it's really none of their business.

(I have)

I don't get the bragging thing either.

And to the person who said it's 95 percent political, i think it's higher. Just from what i've seen.

Let me guess, you aren’t vaccinated?

It was me who said it’s at least 95% political.
It’s none of your business!!!!

Old 06-05-2021, 07:34 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'm adamant about this not to be obtuse but because in the age of instant pariah labeling, I refuse to submit to this type of information becoming normalized in the context of a conversation where people find themselves negatively labeled.

My adamant stance may be rare in an age where people against the tide fold like overcooked spaghetti, but that's just me.
I like that Tom Petty song.

I should like the Johnny Cash version but I don't.

Last edited by Gerania; 06-05-2021 at 07:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey