Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 08:53 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,768,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Start wearing your SpongeBob mask.
haha, people love it when i wear my masks. im considrering wearing my stormtrooper mask while driving to see the reactions.

i think i have a guns n roses concert im going to in august. as far as i know its still on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 02:23 PM

3,431 posts, read 1,855,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
haha, people love it when i wear my masks. im considrering wearing my stormtrooper mask while driving to see the reactions.

i think i have a guns n roses concert im going to in august. as far as i know its still on.
Where is that GN'R concert?

Old 06-17-2021, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
im pretty sure it is at the PNC arts center in holmdel.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:12 PM

3,431 posts, read 1,855,415 times
Quote:
im pretty sure it is at the PNC arts center in holmdel.
Oh nice.

I might be persuaded to go.. Is it full GN'R? (Like, original 5. Or is it 3 of the 5..)

Old 06-18-2021, 03:43 AM

23,893 posts, read 33,638,629 times
Quote:

They're one of my favorite bands that I never saw live. I don't know why. Last time they were around, I priced tickets, they were like $200. No thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Yes we get updates. It's been pushed back twice. I have a feeling it's going to get canceled. There is no way Vince Neil is staying in shape for this tour after quarantine!

Vince has until next June to get his ass in shape. I know someone that can sing Crue songs like Vince did back in the 80's. He even has the long blond hair. I don't know why he never sang with them when Vince was kicked out because he used to run in similar circles, was in a band with Ace Frehley. He's a guitar player, had a stroke a few years ago, not sure if he's playing yet but he has a great voice. He's the one who originally got me into Motley Crue before they were a "thing". He knew someone that gave him the tape.

I saw them when they opened for Ozzy. I was there for them and on the floor. Was a great show.

These days there seems to be a huge "kid" fan base. I haven't looked at GNR's social media but Crue is a lot of young people who got into them from their parents.

Old 06-18-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Oh nice.

I might be persuaded to go.. Is it full GN'R? (Like, original 5. Or is it 3 of the 5..)
i dont know any details, im just along for the ride. we were supposed to go last year but it was canceled. its our friends that bought the tickets and invited us to go so i know very little.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:35 AM

50,965 posts, read 36,657,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I am also 100% done and oddly, also noticed dirty looks from people while doing errands yesterday as well as people still wearing masks IN THEIR CARS. I give up. Going to a concert in CP tonight. Can't wait.

ETA: I don't think it's an age thing. I got looks from all age groups...Also, I'm technically "old" .
I’m vaccinated and so stopped wearing mine as soon as the order was lifted, but I haven’t noticed dirty looks from anyone.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:05 AM

i think maybe some people are mistaking peoples regular unpleasant faces for dirty looks since its been a while since they have seen so many faces.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:09 AM

50,965 posts, read 36,657,877 times
Quote:
i think maybe some people are mistaking peoples regular unpleasant faces for dirty looks since its been a while since they have seen so many faces.
That’s what I was thinking. Also, that you find what you are seeking in most cases. If you’re looking for people to give you dirty looks it’s easier to interpret any look as a dirty look, even if they’re thinking about something else and don’t even noticing you.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:19 AM

23,893 posts, read 33,638,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I’m vaccinated and so stopped wearing mine as soon as the order was lifted, but I haven’t noticed dirty looks from anyone.

We're not in North Jersey. I have to say people are good down here because in any store, there are just as many with a mask as those without.

No one has looked at me funny with me still wearing one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey