Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 04:36 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
Are you really surprised?

That's the problem with this, it's an honor system. People will take advantage of it and I'm sure that most people who aren't vaccinated will take advantage of it and not wear a mask.
Vee must punish them harshly for disobeying cultural rules!!!!!!

If un-vaccinated and no anti-bodies, they will only harm themselves. Herd immunity is upon us. Herd immunity is accepted as an actual phenomenon. Off label use by docs allow effective, approved drugs, approved for other indications and with known safety profiles to be prescribed if needed. Emergency use of meds is only allowed if there is no alternative approved treatment, that is why the media and pols they carry water for were so outraged at the suggestion of hydroxy and other meds were mentioned as potential treatments.

the media has not been our friend in this situation.

Treated with approved drugs with a known safety profile, untested for c-19 as opposed to being pressured to take an experimental vaccine for which the safety profile is not complete or understood.

Lest we not forget the words of our esteemed VP who would not trust any vaccine created under the former president. That certainly ignores the sage wisdom of, 'first do no harm' and conflicts with public health efforts.

Hence people die with and without pre-existing conditions. Most of the population has pre-existing conditions. More research is required. alternative off label treatments must be sanctioned by the media or not rabidly suppressed, hospitals, insurance, as drug companies and federal agencies by law cannot promote approved drugs for indications not on their approved labeling.

Flu season is coming, will masks be required as the flu kills more children than c19?

As masks are so effective against c19, they must be covered with the virus. Certainly no one re-uses their mask or touches it with bare hands!!!!

Politicized science must be taken with a grain of salt, though salt is not FDA approved for that indication.

Think, be critical, ask questions, you do not need to be a pharmacist or doctor to ask intelligent questions. Often if you ask the same question of different medical professionals you will get a different and ill fitting answer. Zero in when that occurs. Use logic to base your questions. You needn't have 4 years of med school and speak in technical terms. Your job is to make the medical professional THINK as opposed to give a canned response to a categorical presentation.

The media and elected officials are not your friends when it comes to healthcare and 'science'!!!!!!! Though it can supply the medical and logical inconsistencies useful to begin a conversation with your doc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 06:48 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Vee must punish them harshly for disobeying cultural rules!!!!!!

If un-vaccinated and no anti-bodies, they will only harm themselves. Herd immunity is upon us. Herd immunity is accepted as an actual phenomenon. Off label use by docs allow effective, approved drugs, approved for other indications and with known safety profiles to be prescribed if needed. Emergency use of meds is only allowed if there is no alternative approved treatment, that is why the media and pols they carry water for were so outraged at the suggestion of hydroxy and other meds were mentioned as potential treatments.

the media has not been our friend in this situation.

Treated with approved drugs with a known safety profile, untested for c-19 as opposed to being pressured to take an experimental vaccine for which the safety profile is not complete or understood.

Lest we not forget the words of our esteemed VP who would not trust any vaccine created under the former president. That certainly ignores the sage wisdom of, 'first do no harm' and conflicts with public health efforts.

Hence people die with and without pre-existing conditions. Most of the population has pre-existing conditions. More research is required. alternative off label treatments must be sanctioned by the media or not rabidly suppressed, hospitals, insurance, as drug companies and federal agencies by law cannot promote approved drugs for indications not on their approved labeling.

Flu season is coming, will masks be required as the flu kills more children than c19?

As masks are so effective against c19, they must be covered with the virus. Certainly no one re-uses their mask or touches it with bare hands!!!!

Politicized science must be taken with a grain of salt, though salt is not FDA approved for that indication.

Think, be critical, ask questions, you do not need to be a pharmacist or doctor to ask intelligent questions. Often if you ask the same question of different medical professionals you will get a different and ill fitting answer. Zero in when that occurs. Use logic to base your questions. You needn't have 4 years of med school and speak in technical terms. Your job is to make the medical professional THINK as opposed to give a canned response to a categorical presentation.

The media and elected officials are not your friends when it comes to healthcare and 'science'!!!!!!! Though it can supply the medical and logical inconsistencies useful to begin a conversation with your doc.

You sound like my parents with the "Vee". They immigrated here in the late 50's from Hungary. There's no "W" in the Hungarian alphabet, so no matter how hard they tried not to pronounce it "vee", there was still the slight "v" sound.

It's beyond ignorant what he said about not trusting the vaccine made during Trumps Presidency. Like Trump was at the vaccine labs making sure it was a bogus vaccine, like LMFAO!

Let's all hope that he doesn't have to step into the Presidents spot because a huge Bozo will be trying to run the country! I should say bigger Bozo because Biden is a Bozo too.

It will be interesting to see if there will be some sort of mask mandate during flu season, especially for kids. I can see something like that happening or being suggested. Some people have been posting in other threads that they do plan to mask during flu season because they didn't get the flu which they normally get. Some also said they'll mask during allergy season because their allergies aren't as bad wearing the mask.

I also agree that most of the population has preexisting conditions and most do not know it yet. Look at that Broadway dancer, Nick Cordero who died from COVID in the early days after fighting for 95 days. He was more then fit and healthy. He had to be because of the dancing he did. I watched a you tube video of his performance. It's amazing what he put his body through. Most people couldn't do one minute of his dancing lol

My hub has a friend who went to Myrtle Beach for Easter vacation, he and his wife came home with COVID. Both were admitted, the wife with a vent. Both are healthy at 60, no known preexisting conditions. It's not known why his wife got sicker then he did. She fought for about a month until he pulled the plug. She took 2 breaths and passed so it was the right decision. I have to ask my hub if their COVID was tested to see what strain it was and if it was the worst "B" variant that's making the rounds, but they both may have preexisting conditions they didn't know about.

Totally agree about the media and elected officials when it comes to healthcare and science because the articles during COVID could be confusing for someone that doesn't keep up on it, such as masks helping or not helping with COVID. Then there's the "you need 2 vaccines spaced X days apart or you will not be protected" then when the vaccines were in short supply, now they say people can let it go longer then the original "recommendation". Elected officials should just keep their mouths shut. Most people don't want their uneducated opinions.

Old 05-29-2021, 07:31 AM

668 posts, read 470,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I been to a few bars and some are relaxed with the mask rule. I walked around and interacted with people and nothing was said. The one bar I go too they are pretty strict with the mask rule. I been to wawa and people was fully mask I did see a maskless guy walking in. The mask signs were down. I am going shopping i honestly don't care if the person next to me is vaccinated or not or wearing a mask.

We honestly need to be respectful on people personal decisions on why they don't want to take the vaccine. If you got the vaccine good for you but that does not give room to be rude to someone who chooses not to at the moment. It could be a heath concern or they want more research before taking the vaccine. Same thing with the mask if someone wants to wear one for the next 30 years that's their business.

It's a beautiful thing to see a common sense post about this! Thank you!!!

Old 05-29-2021, 07:35 AM

668 posts, read 470,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The vast majority of stores wouldn’t of said anything to you even before today. I completely had a brain freeze and forgot my mask in Walmart several weeks ago, I was in there for probably an hour and a half and no one said anything to me. They stopped confronting people al ong time ago because they employees were being put in dangerous situations. So you really can’t tell what their policy is based on whether anyone confronts you over not wearing a mask.

Same thing happened to me at Acme about 3 weeks ago. I had been halfway through the store, passed MULTIPLE employees and many customers, my cart was half full, when i realized my mask was in the car. I literally parked my cart by the door and ran out to get it (I was just being paranoid at that point, no one had said a word to me!) and didn't want to be uncomfortable the rest of my shopping trip.

Last night my husband stopped at our local favorite pizza place to pick up dinner, no mask. It was crowded as usual, everyone else had on a mask. Nothing was said to him either. He honestly didn't notice if the sign was up or not.

I think it's all so new, eventually people will calm down and get used to mask vs no mask. Live your life, i'll live mine. No judgements

Old 05-29-2021, 10:55 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Went to an Italian Rest. in Point Pleasant yesterday, no one with a mask on. No patrons or employees. Every table was full and people waiting to get in.

Old 05-29-2021, 11:41 AM

4,029 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Went to an Italian Rest. in Point Pleasant yesterday, no one with a mask on. No patrons or employees. Every table was full and people waiting to get in.

I guess it really varies by location. I was at several stores today (Walmart, BJ’s, etc) all in Bergen County picking up some stuff for a get together tonight. I wasn’t wearing a mask and I had no trouble but the vast majority of people had masks on. My guess is that by mid-summer most people will be out without masks.

Old 05-29-2021, 11:51 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,258,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You sound like my parents with the "Vee". They immigrated here in the late 50's from Hungary. There's no "W" in the Hungarian alphabet, so no matter how hard they tried not to pronounce it "vee", there was still the slight "v" sound.

It's beyond ignorant what he said about not trusting the vaccine made during Trumps Presidency. Like Trump was at the vaccine labs making sure it was a bogus vaccine, like LMFAO!

Let's all hope that he doesn't have to step into the Presidents spot because a huge Bozo will be trying to run the country! I should say bigger Bozo because Biden is a Bozo too.

It will be interesting to see if there will be some sort of mask mandate during flu season, especially for kids. I can see something like that happening or being suggested. Some people have been posting in other threads that they do plan to mask during flu season because they didn't get the flu which they normally get. Some also said they'll mask during allergy season because their allergies aren't as bad wearing the mask.

I also agree that most of the population has preexisting conditions and most do not know it yet. Look at that Broadway dancer, Nick Cordero who died from COVID in the early days after fighting for 95 days. He was more then fit and healthy. He had to be because of the dancing he did. I watched a you tube video of his performance. It's amazing what he put his body through. Most people couldn't do one minute of his dancing lol

My hub has a friend who went to Myrtle Beach for Easter vacation, he and his wife came home with COVID. Both were admitted, the wife with a vent. Both are healthy at 60, no known preexisting conditions. It's not known why his wife got sicker then he did. She fought for about a month until he pulled the plug. She took 2 breaths and passed so it was the right decision. I have to ask my hub if their COVID was tested to see what strain it was and if it was the worst "B" variant that's making the rounds, but they both may have preexisting conditions they didn't know about.

Totally agree about the media and elected officials when it comes to healthcare and science because the articles during COVID could be confusing for someone that doesn't keep up on it, such as masks helping or not helping with COVID. Then there's the "you need 2 vaccines spaced X days apart or you will not be protected" then when the vaccines were in short supply, now they say people can let it go longer then the original "recommendation". Elected officials should just keep their mouths shut. Most people don't want their uneducated opinions.

Why are you referring to our Vice President as "he"?

Old 05-29-2021, 11:54 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
Why are you referring to our Vice President as "he"?
Do you work for the federal government? If not, then the president and vice president of the federal government aren't yours. We aren't government employees so government titles don't mean anything to us.

Biden and Harris aren't your president and vice president. Same went for trump and pence.

Old 05-29-2021, 12:05 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Felt great to be in Shoprite just now with no mask! Most are still wearing them.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-29-2021, 12:51 PM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Felt great to be in Shoprite just now with no mask! Most are still wearing them.
As I said, I went to ShopRite yesterday and everyone still had a mask on, but I noticed there was no sign on the door saying we had to wear them.

I think next trip I'll just leave it in the car.

I will still go shopping on off-hours when there are fewer people because that's what I've done all my adult life, lol. I can't stand waiting on register lines or trying to get around people who think it's a wonderful idea to park their cart in the middle of the aisle and then stare at shelves and lose all their awareness as to what's going on around them to the point where they don't know they're blocking people. I just don't have the patience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey