Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 02:33 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,313,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The tax that has affected me the most is Christie’s 26 cent a gallon tax raise.
Did you forget about Christie ending the Homestead Rebate?
A LOT of people lost out because of that royal screwing, and yet--somehow--they think that their taxes decreased during his administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 03:22 PM

50,721 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Did you forget about Christie ending the Homestead Rebate?
A LOT of people lost out because of that royal screwing, and yet--somehow--they think that their taxes decreased during his administration.
I wasn’t a homeowner then, but come to think about it I believe I used to get something back even when I rented back then (B.C.)

I have asked several anti-Dem posters if property and/or other taxes were reduced under Christie and by how much (for regular people not wealthy millionaires) and not one of them has answered.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:09 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
He increased the millionaires tax. He wants 200 million for the free college tuition program, so that money has to come from somewhere. He also wants to fix NJ Transit to the tune of 200 million. He said himself he needs revenue raisers. And he wants sales tax to increase as well. You'll eventually be hit by one of his revenue raisers, no doubt.
I think if he can fix NJ Transit for the paltry sum of $200 million, he should be re-elected. Seriously, it sounds like a lot if it were to land in OUR individual bank accounts, but it really isn't. Not sure what the free college tuition program is, but public transportation is worth putting money into.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:55 AM

10,435 posts, read 6,964,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think if he can fix NJ Transit for the paltry sum of $200 million, he should be re-elected. Seriously, it sounds like a lot if it were to land in OUR individual bank accounts, but it really isn't. Not sure what the free college tuition program is, but public transportation is worth putting money into.
Putting money into NJ transit is like taking briefcases of cash and throwing them into a fire. We then spend billions in taxes to build a railway so NYC can collect our tax revenue.

The money should be used as an incentive for small business development in the state. If NYC wants our labor resources they should be putting into transportation.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:44 PM

487 posts, read 363,636 times
Quote:
Chris Christie, Christie Whitman...so, no, they don't always. I have religious cousins in the northern part of the state who would fly-kick Jesus out of the way for a chance to smooch Trump's big butt if he stood in their path.

I don't get the whole love affair with one party or another. They're all politicians whose primary focus is on getting elected and then keeping their job. Sometimes out of necessity they do something good. I think Murphy did some good with the way he handled the pandemic--not perfectly, but better than some others might have. But until just before his election, I had no idea what the dude even looked like. I voted for him because I had occasion to meet Kim Guadagno once, and she was very rude to me, so I wasn't going to vote for her. Simple as that.
He has the highest death rate per capita in the entire country.... how did he handle the pandemic well?

We had thousands of seniors die in nursing homes for literally no reason beyond Murphy's stupidity. only 4 other states followed this policy.

Murphy is literally an F on the pandemic.

If people were a bit more informed on the issues he would be voted out of office.

Old 06-16-2021, 09:05 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
He has the highest death rate per capita in the entire country.... how did he handle the pandemic well?
You seriously blame a GOVERNER for a pandemic death rate? He showed leadership during the pandemic, particularly in the early months, and that's not something we have seen much of in our governors.

Quote:
We had thousands of seniors die in nursing homes for literally no reason beyond Murphy's stupidity. only 4 other states followed this policy.

If people were a bit more informed on the issues he would be voted out of office.
Sorry, you're talking to someone who has actually read up on this and knows that you are simplifying the situation. Yes, sticking COVID patients into nursing homes did not work out well, but we know why it was done. 31% of NJ deaths were in nursing homes, not the highest in the country.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:43 AM

487 posts, read 363,636 times
Quote:
You seriously blame a GOVERNER for a pandemic death rate? He showed leadership during the pandemic, particularly in the early months, and that's not something we have seen much of in our governors.

Sorry, you're talking to someone who has actually read up on this and knows that you are simplifying the situation. Yes, sticking COVID patients into nursing homes did not work out well, but we know why it was done. 31% of NJ deaths were in nursing homes, not the highest in the country.
I'm not sure how you view thousands of nursing home deaths for literally no reason beyond one man's stupidity as leadership. (actually the stupidity of 5 people... governors of NJ/NY/PA/MI/CA).

Why wouldn't I blame a governor who was responsible for executing policy/response to a pandemic for excess deaths?

FL's Ron Desantis saved millions, and his per capita death rate is #27. Murphy is #1.

Perhaps you are just partisan, and that's fine.

I do give credit to Murphy on rapid vaccine rollout.

We have the highest % of our population vaccinated of any state in the country with a population above 8M. overall we are in the top 5.

Less than 5 people are dying of coronavirus a day as I type this.

So kudos to him there, but I do think he needs to own his complete lack of any leadership ability/poor decision making in regards to thousands of meaningless deaths.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:28 PM

10,435 posts, read 6,964,415 times
Quote:

100% correct. Murphy scored the absolute worst in the entire country with a complete F.

Murphy irresponsible actions on seniors cause the death of many, he did not follow the science and pushed face masks and closing the businesses of many forcing many out of business. He jumped onto the political bandwagon of being anti- hydroxychloroquine which we now know was/is one of the most effective fighters against Covid.

Anyone defending Murphy is just supporting a participation trophy at this point.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:53 PM

3,422 posts, read 1,836,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
How is Murphy re-electable?

Old 06-17-2021, 01:54 PM

3,422 posts, read 1,836,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
100% correct. Murphy scored the absolute worst in the entire country with a complete F.

Murphy irresponsible actions on seniors cause the death of many, he did not follow the science and pushed face masks and closing the businesses of many forcing many out of business. He jumped onto the political bandwagon of being anti- hydroxychloroquine which we now know was/is one of the most effective fighters against Covid.

Anyone defending Murphy is just supporting a participation trophy at this point.
Thank you.

Someone seemed to suggest Murphy winning again was "reality."

You will note, I asked how Murphy is re-electable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey