Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 04:06 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times

Advertisements

...the opportunity to lose to Murphy in November !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 05:14 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Murphy will win big. When a politician has a name that many people can't pronounce or spell it usually doesn't work out well.

Old 06-10-2021, 03:10 AM

7,340 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Landslide win for Murphy. As for New Jersey voters, "there's no hope in dope"

Old 06-10-2021, 05:16 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
A one party system, how is that working out?

The bears will be safe for 4 more years from taxes, the citizens, not so much.

the bears and illegal aliens find sanctuary in NJ. the bears supported by nature and the illegal aliens supported by taxpayers.

The bears are indigenous to NJ, the illegal aliens are attracted in droves. Baiting should be illegal in NJ.

Time to check murphy's high school records to see if he violated any current social justice rules.

OOOH, white privilege, so embrace a guy with gazillions in wealth, wall st exec, Goldman sach, who will raise your taxes, make the state unlivable for middle class. Who would vote for Murphy????

Could it be voter participation that makes the diff?

Dems outnumber repubs in this state but voter turnout ensures the dems always win control.

this is how murphy got elected

'Around $79 million was spent on the 2017 gubernatorial election cycle. Voter turnout in November was 38.5 percent.'

so more than 3 mill did not vote, half a mill for the repub and 1.x mill for murphy. Essentiall murphy received the 3 million votes of the people who did not vote. Or let;s say, FAILED to vote.

79 million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJ election of murphy was like a cruel high school trick where they would vote for the least likely kid for some student office.

More people did not vote, than all people who did vote

As for Jack, what do we have to lose?

corzine an ecenomic guru. darling of biden/obama, purchaser of a senate seat and alum of the same Goldman sachs as Murphy, did nothing to mitigate NJ's financial woes. If these uber wealthy financial supermen can't do it then why re-elect another pup from the same litter????

so he will raise my taxes, please raise my taxes

Wouldn't be surprised if Goldman alum didn't have a trophy room and betting scheme going on among themselves to see who could purchase the most governor and senate seats. given a difficulty rating, NJ is almost a gimmie, what an art class is to a biomedical engineering student. No effort required to get elected.

Just don't start on Booker/ Spartacus !

Old 06-10-2021, 08:11 AM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
...corzine an ecenomic guru. darling of biden/obama, purchaser of a senate seat and alum of the same Goldman sachs as Murphy, did nothing to mitigate NJ's financial woes...
I'll say this for Corzine - for 3 of the 4 years he was in office, I got a nice Homestead Rebate check. Which were immediately stopped by Chris Christie.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:52 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I'll say this for Corzine - for 3 of the 4 years he was in office, I got a nice Homestead Rebate check. Which were immediately stopped by Chris Christie.
+1
Additionally, while most people are not aware of this fact, in order to cut costs, the Corzine administration had a policy of hiring most new employees on a contractual basis through outside agencies. This saved the state many millions of $$ in both payroll and fringe benefits costs.

I know, because I was a contract employee of the state during that time, and I and my compatriots were paid far less than the folks who had been hired on a traditional basis, and I received neither health insurance nor sick leave benefits.

Old 06-10-2021, 11:25 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times
He wants to make an issue out of Murphy being born and raised in Massachusetts. As if New Jersey should not embrace people who actively choose to move here (and yet, at the same time, many with the same political leanings will complain about “more people are moving out than moving in”). Pathetic and desperate...that’s all I needed to hear to know his campaign is doomed.

Ciattarelli’s grandparents immigrated to NJ from Italy. I guess he would not have considered them “one of us” either. These are his true colors, folks. Don’t fall for any message that he is a moderate northeastern Republican. Down to his rotten core, he is another flavor of Trump.

Old 06-10-2021, 12:25 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Don’t fall for any message that he is a moderate northeastern Republican. Down to his rotten core, he is another flavor of Trump.
Yup!
After the January 6th Right-Wing Riots at the US Capitol, he finally took 1/2 step away from T****.
As late as December, 2020, he was attending Stop The Steal rallies, and was on the dais with T**** at one of those rallies in NJ.

While he is not quite a boot-licking adherent of T****--as his opponents Rizzo and Singh are--he doesn't try to conceal his lingering admiration for the former POTUS. Everyone is entitled to his own views, but his views will not win an election for him in NJ.

https://www.insidernj.com/press-rele...p-steal-rally/

Old 06-11-2021, 04:38 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
A one party system, how is that working out?

The bears will be safe for 4 more years from taxes, the citizens, not so much.

the bears and illegal aliens find sanctuary in NJ. the bears supported by nature and the illegal aliens supported by taxpayers.

The bears are indigenous to NJ, the illegal aliens are attracted in droves. Baiting should be illegal in NJ.

Time to check murphy's high school records to see if he violated any current social justice rules.

OOOH, white privilege, so embrace a guy with gazillions in wealth, wall st exec, Goldman sach, who will raise your taxes, make the state unlivable for middle class. Who would vote for Murphy????

Could it be voter participation that makes the diff?

Dems outnumber repubs in this state but voter turnout ensures the dems always win control.

this is how murphy got elected

'Around $79 million was spent on the 2017 gubernatorial election cycle. Voter turnout in November was 38.5 percent.'

so more than 3 mill did not vote, half a mill for the repub and 1.x mill for murphy. Essentiall murphy received the 3 million votes of the people who did not vote. Or let;s say, FAILED to vote.

79 million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJ election of murphy was like a cruel high school trick where they would vote for the least likely kid for some student office.

More people did not vote, than all people who did vote

As for Jack, what do we have to lose?

corzine an ecenomic guru. darling of biden/obama, purchaser of a senate seat and alum of the same Goldman sachs as Murphy, did nothing to mitigate NJ's financial woes. If these uber wealthy financial supermen can't do it then why re-elect another pup from the same litter????

so he will raise my taxes, please raise my taxes

Wouldn't be surprised if Goldman alum didn't have a trophy room and betting scheme going on among themselves to see who could purchase the most governor and senate seats. given a difficulty rating, NJ is almost a gimmie, what an art class is to a biomedical engineering student. No effort required to get elected.

Just don't start on Booker/ Spartacus !

Thanks so much for your post. You and I seem to be the only Murphy haters here.

I'm so OVER illegals being given everything and taking over our state. Murphy will not get a vote from my house.

I liked Singh because he was anti illegal immigrants but the Italian will do. Anyone is better then Murphy.

I also disliked how he's handled COVID, others are also over it too. Hopefully those people will come out and vote in November.

Quote:
He wants to make an issue out of Murphy being born and raised in Massachusetts. As if New Jersey should not embrace people who actively choose to move here (and yet, at the same time, many with the same political leanings will complain about “more people are moving out than moving in”). Pathetic and desperate...that’s all I needed to hear to know his campaign is doomed.

Ciattarelli’s grandparents immigrated to NJ from Italy. I guess he would not have considered them “one of us” either. These are his true colors, folks. Don’t fall for any message that he is a moderate northeastern Republican. Down to his rotten core, he is another flavor of Trump.

According to his website, his mother was one of eight children, born and raised in Brooklyn.

What was so wrong with how Trump handled the US while President except for not being able to keep his big mouth shut? I'm a parent, I know how to keep neutral about things to separate Trumps mouth from the way he ran the country.

Look at what Biden is doing to our children and grandchildren with printing money during COVID.

Things could be very bad for us. He was only elected because people hated Trump the man. He did more for the US then Biden will ever do. I just hope the next President can fix what Biden did to our economy.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:44 AM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
He wants to make an issue out of Murphy being born and raised in Massachusetts. As if New Jersey should not embrace people who actively choose to move here (and yet, at the same time, many with the same political leanings will complain about “more people are moving out than moving in”). Pathetic and desperate...that’s all I needed to hear to know his campaign is
The whole statement of Murphy saying "you really have some nice beaches down here" says alot being his first time down the Jersey Shore when he ran for Governor instead of his summers in Cape Cod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey