Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 01:06 PM

7 posts, read 3,504 times

Advertisements

For family reasons, I might have to move back to New Jersey. Culturally, I fit in best with the demographics you would find in the suburbs of the Southeast or Midwest, that is a mostly white, Protestant population.

Are there towns like this left in New Jersey? I don't want to live in a place with any sizeable number of Reform Jews or with Italian Catholics. I just don't fit in with them culturally.

Thanks for the tips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 01:52 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsonder View Post
For family reasons, I might have to move back to New Jersey. Culturally, I fit in best with the demographics you would find in the suburbs of the Southeast or Midwest, that is a mostly white, Protestant population.

Are there towns like this left in New Jersey? I don't want to live in a place with any sizeable number of Reform Jews or with Italian Catholics. I just don't fit in with them culturally.

Thanks for the tips.
Newark, South Orange ,Irvington or Camden.

Old 06-10-2021, 02:38 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times
You used to live here. You should have an idea yourself. Maybe go back to where you came from in NJ?

Old 06-10-2021, 02:42 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:

Thanks for the tips.
what about orthodox jews or irish catholics?

Old 06-10-2021, 02:51 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,458,487 times
Gotta pull up a chair and make some popcorn for this one…

Old 06-10-2021, 04:40 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Newark, South Orange ,Irvington or Camden.
One of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong

I guess Lakewood isn't North Jersey, but I'd say it's a great place if you're trying to avoid Reform Jews.

Old 06-10-2021, 04:55 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:

Thanks for the tips.
Give a little more detail on "Protestant". Reformed/Calvinist? Baptist? Non-Denominational; e.g., Church of God, Anderson, IN? Big church with several services and things going on all week, or small local community?

I could name a few towns in NW Bergen County where within their communities you will find a mostly white Protestant population. They won't be as mostly white or Protestant as they were a generation ago, but they still exist.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:28 PM

821 posts, read 773,531 times
This smells of a troll post. Who was banned recently in the NJ forum?

Old 06-10-2021, 09:22 PM

7 posts, read 3,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
You used to live here. You should have an idea yourself. Maybe go back to where you came from in NJ?
I came from a very Italian town, and didn't like. They're fine people, just not my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what about orthodox jews or irish catholics?
Irish Catholics are okay. Not looking for religious fanatics of any breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Give a little more detail on "Protestant". Reformed/Calvinist? Baptist? Non-Denominational; e.g., Church of God, Anderson, IN? Big church with several services and things going on all week, or small local community?

I could name a few towns in NW Bergen County where within their communities you will find a mostly white Protestant population. They won't be as mostly white or Protestant as they were a generation ago, but they still exist.
Sorry, should have clarified. By "Protestant," I mean Episcopalian, Presbyterian, Methodist, Southern Baptist, and other main line denominations.

What towns do you refer to?

Old 06-10-2021, 09:31 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
This is 2021, not 1985...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey