Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 03:18 PM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Charging for state parks is hardly unique to NJ. There are only six states that have free state parks. Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Pennsylvania and Tennessee.
Fees are not charged all state parks in NJ. If you go to High Point, there is no fee, nor is there a fee for anyone using the facilities at the NJ Botanical Garden, Six Mile Run, or Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park. There may even be a few others where no fee is charged, but I have to admit that I don't know which other ones might fall into the "free" category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 03:33 PM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

I also have COPD, an autoimmune issue, I'm being watched for lung cancer and AML Leukemia from Benzene exposure plus I have a failed lumbar fusion, am disabled, probably more so then your friends, so I can tell you all about isolation.
I'm very sorry to hear of all the conditions from which you suffer. I was aware of your lumbar problems, but not about your other conditions. It must be difficult to have to deal with those multiple health issues, and I can empathize with you.

That being said, I am not able to diagnose people from afar, or to compare their prognoses with yours, and I submit that you are not either. However, if you would like me to, I will state for the record that you are far more sick than my friends are. Please let me know if you would like me to do so.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:30 PM

50,704 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Fees are not charged all state parks in NJ. If you go to High Point, there is no fee, nor is there a fee for anyone using the facilities at the NJ Botanical Garden, Six Mile Run, or Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park. There may even be a few others where no fee is charged, but I have to admit that I don't know which other ones might fall into the "free" category.
By the six states I meant in those six states all of them are free. But only those six stares. Poster seemed to believe charging admission fees was a NJ anomaly due to greed. It’s good to know which are free though, thanks.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:37 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Most of them are free. I know that there's a fee for guarded swimming.

Old 06-17-2021, 12:25 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
By the six states I meant in those six states all of them are free. But only those six stares. Poster seemed to believe charging admission fees was a NJ anomaly due to greed. It’s good to know which are free though, thanks.

By "poster" I assume you mean me. I don't know how you equate me saying they like to collect money for everything (I meant things like beaches) to me meaning greed.

I personally have never gone to a NJ state park and been charged so I was surprised to read it. I used to go to the Watchung reservation all the time, Echo Park, Warnanco Park. Been to a few parks in Burlington County.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Going back to your originally topic....

I get emails from 101.5, they sent one about the vax pass. I never knew that Jersey charged admission into our parks but should have known because they like to collect money for everything.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:36 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
one time i stood outside of retriever's house in the hopes of getting some maters. he just left me out there in the rain!

here is some rare footage of the incident!

Old 06-17-2021, 10:24 AM

3,422 posts, read 1,836,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Thought ID's were racist????

Need further ID just to get a vaccine

when is an id racist and when is it not considered racist?
You have to show an ID to buy a ticket to see a concert as far as I know.

It is considered "racist" when there is an election that needs to be won by any means necessary.

After the fact or desired outcome, it may or may not be "racist"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey