Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2008, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 4,479 times

Advertisements

Is Harrison safe enough to walk at nights especially for Asian Indians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 01:12 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi11 View Post
Is Harrison safe enough to walk at nights especially for Asian Indians?
I think this is a silly question. If I had a gun and was intent on robbing someone what does it matter if your an asian indian. A robber doesn't say lets stick this guy up because hes an asian indian. Yes it's fairly safe to walk around for people of all races.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:57 PM

28 posts, read 124,858 times
I agree with Jersey Man - what does Asian Indian have to do with it. Perhaps Ravi11 needs to broaden his horizons and get to know other cultures. In other words, Ravi11, is Edison, NJ safe for non-Asian Indians?

Old 05-12-2008, 05:56 PM

110 posts, read 548,850 times
Here's the unpolitically correct answer: You'll be just fine.

I do have a friend who was mugged in Harrison. He was Latino. Apparently, Hispanic men are targets of muggings by a lot of black hoodlums, as Hispanic men often carry lots of cash, as not having proper papers keeps them from opening bank accounts. Also, because of their immigration status, undocumented Hispanic immigrants are unlikely to report a crime.

I'm sure there will a lot of folks getting their undies in a twist over my answer, but it's still true. The Star ledger reported the targetig of Hispanics for robbery is an issue in Plainfield too.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:05 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao9999 View Post
Here's the unpolitically correct answer: You'll be just fine.

I do have a friend who was mugged in Harrison. He was Latino. Apparently, Hispanic men are targets of muggings by a lot of black hoodlums, as Hispanic men often carry lots of cash, as not having proper papers keeps them from opening bank accounts. Also, because of their immigration status, undocumented Hispanic immigrants are unlikely to report a crime.

I'm sure there will a lot of folks getting their undies in a twist over my answer, but it's still true. The Star ledger reported the targetig of Hispanics for robbery is an issue in Plainfield too.
Makes sense to me. That's a reason people rob chinese delivery men. I've done reports that they were held up at gunpoint but they refuse to cooperate and give a description of the actor(s) that robbed them because they were illegal and or undocumented aliens. This didn't happen in Harrison but close by.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:11 PM

323 posts, read 2,089,667 times
Could not have said it better myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I think this is a silly question. If I had a gun and was intent on robbing someone what does it matter if your an asian indian. A robber doesn't say lets stick this guy up because hes an asian indian. Yes it's fairly safe to walk around for people of all races.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:27 PM

828 posts, read 3,138,455 times
It is about time that someone spoke up....nice going JM!
I really hate the threads that ask if a certain ethnic group would be ok <fill in the blank>.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey