Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:02 PM

79 posts, read 285,428 times

Advertisements

that we can do individually...

1. call irs on contractors who use illegal immigrants
2. boycott businesses who use illegal immigrants

i don't know can't really think of what to do here. it sucks that we are having our tax money spent on illegal immigrants who are only benefiting the sleazy business owners. for the person who says we should do class action lawsuits... the problem with that is the person suing needs to have standing, must be damaged somehow and have a right to sue... so this isn't something i would be able to do, but lets say there is an honest contractor out there, if he puts in a bid for a job and doesn't get it because there is a lower bid from a shady illegal immigrant using contractor i think he would have standing. that is a case i would like to see.

i don't want nyc, jersey to end up like l.a.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 06:39 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,339,822 times
Yeah that pretty much sums up the situation in my neighborhood. However the car thing is off. A lot of them drive illegally without insurance. I know a bunch of people who have been hit by illegals only to have them speed off from the scene in hit & run type situations.

The INS isn't doing its job because the people who own this country, the moneyed interests & big business, don't want them to. F' the INS for sending this country down the drain. May they burn in hell.

We don't need anymore INS agents in this country, what we need is a giant wall on the border (think: Great Wall of China proportions) and land mines in front of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
So what I've learned in this thread is that basically any hispanic immigrant who doesn't speak much English, has roommates and doesn't have a car is illegal. Who knew it was so easy to identify them? Maybe the INS should hire you guys since everyone here seems to know exactly who the illegals are just by looking at them.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:46 PM

5 posts, read 24,061 times
If you think NJ is so bad, go anywhere else in America, wake up and spell the coffee they are here there proud of it, and they will always be here. Lets just say it like it is, this country is all about work, always has been and always will, if you got people moving to costa rica it's probably because the life is cheap, but it's also probably because this country sucks ass to retire in. It's where you busted every bit of your ass working your nine to five with all the ot you can handle just so you could pay the piper, and feed your kids yourself whoever. God bless the US for the opportunity, but it's no where to retire and relax, all the imigrants everyone sees day in and day out, you WILL NOT see them very much longer, it's a proven fact and I have alot of people which i have spoken too, which are the Illegals which you guys are referring to, each and everyone of them, and not one of them says that they want to work grow old and die in the USA. The only answer I have ever heard is simple. I came here to work put some money together and when i saved enough money i am going right back to my country to live and retire.. now what does that say about our great country, when the person who was dieing to get in, is dieing to get out..a big LOL TO THAT..

Old 01-04-2007, 02:14 AM

4,356 posts, read 5,095,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Guide View Post
If you think NJ is so bad, go anywhere else in America, wake up and spell the coffee they are here there proud of it, and they will always be here. Lets just say it like it is, this country is all about work, always has been and always will, if you got people moving to costa rica it's probably because the life is cheap, but it's also probably because this country sucks ass to retire in. It's where you busted every bit of your ass working your nine to five with all the ot you can handle just so you could pay the piper, and feed your kids yourself whoever. God bless the US for the opportunity, but it's no where to retire and relax, all the imigrants everyone sees day in and day out, you WILL NOT see them very much longer, it's a proven fact and I have alot of people which i have spoken too, which are the Illegals which you guys are referring to, each and everyone of them, and not one of them says that they want to work grow old and die in the USA. The only answer I have ever heard is simple. I came here to work put some money together and when i saved enough money i am going right back to my country to live and retire.. now what does that say about our great country, when the person who was dieing to get in, is dieing to get out..a big LOL TO THAT..
Oh yeah, they are all gonna leave. Reality is that they work, save (maybe go home) and then when they run out of money, back they come. And if what you say is true, then why they hell where hundreds of thousands of them marching (hiding in the shadows my ass) to get amnesty to become citizens. Why would they be having 400,000 babies a year here. I'm sorry, there are about 5 billion people that want in here, we are a mature nation, enough is enough.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:20 PM

70 posts, read 380,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post

Americans will do any job if it pays good. It comes down to corporations making bigger bucks. It's greed. This isn't about businesses staying afloat. It's about profit. Illegals missed the US industrial age by about a hundred years. In five years, most of their jobs could be outsourced. Who is going to pay for their welfare? Who's going to pay their medical bills?

I don't know why most on this thread[cheng specifically] is talking about other nonsense like homes in Panama, Latinos buying real estate, and financial advice. Wake up man we're being invaded. Our schools systems are getting slammed!
In fact, American doing lots of volunteer job that pays NOTHING!! That's all the immigrants should learn from. My brother start doing so, he got tools in his trunk, and anywhere in Piscataway has broken glass, or garbage, he will stop his car and clean it. Then he called townhouse health dept to send inspectors to area with garbage, and call public works to patch potholes, and call mayor office to repave the road ...etc, and got paid nothing.

He said, many immigrants don't go to doctors here, especially dentist since they can not afford. They go back to where they came from every year and do health exam there and treatment, see dentist ... So, nothing to worry their medical bills or welfare.

Apparently you did not read my message carefully since I did NOT talk about homes in Panama. I was sharing with the board my own experience seeing lots of Americans retired in Costa Rica with their SSI, they live like king there! $600,000 house in NJ cost only $30,000 there!!! So, the SSI sent there became 20 times!!!

Also, nobody in Costa Rica thought Americans "invade" the country! They love to be friends of Americans... Even in Taiwan, I got English teachers from the US, and many Americans there, people in Taiwan don't think American "invade" Taiwan either ...

Spanish Speaking people became major force of buying real estate in NJ is a public news! That I happened to pick up from World Journal, but I am sure you can find it from Goolgle.

I do not know which town you live, at least, Piscataway school has never been this great! My brother's kid organize a Honor Society to tutor peer students need help in school library, and his other kid organize an enviornment club to plant flowers in school, and pick up garbages on campus or streets to make the town clean. They just won the frist prize of Business Leaders Competiton yesterday in Northern/Central Jersey ... The team is mixed with Chinese, Indian, Whites, Blacks, Latinos ...etc. and when you ask them, they all borned in the US and they all claimed they are Americans ...

So, my brother's kids will tell him, Dad your country is Taiwan, but WE are Americans ... my brother still eat Chinese food and his wife, but all his kids eat American Foods, pizza, McDonald, Burger King ...etc.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:56 PM

70 posts, read 380,063 times
And this morning, I met owner of ehs 1709 who is TRUE American in any angle, white, generations here in Edison, own many properties. She told me she love Indian tenants!!! She said because they always pay rent on time, and her tenant is a foreigner from India.

According to last night news, channel 20, Chinese news 11pm to 12am, Americans are going to welcome "legal" immigrants, and going to make it "easier" for "legal" immigrants to the US and become American. However, this country is going to tighten the holes for "illegal" immigrant.

So, if we are talking about "legal" or "illegal", we are all agree in all angles. Where as "illegal" whether it is TRUE American who do not pay rent on time, or immigrants, people dislike that behavior.

I am not trying to give you financial advise, as I normally would charge for that service. But, it is very obvious, if people born and grow in this country can realize their "edges" such as "citizenship", "speak perfect English", "understand the system" ...etc, one really want to be boss rather than doing the dirty work. One can be like President Bush, lead the country, and at Thanksgiving going to volunteer at soup kitchen to serve homeless people, rather than competing with tough job at kitchen ... right?

Another "advantage" many what I called "TRUE American" has but do not realized is the born "leadership". e.g. In Wall Street, if you have a team of dozen programmers of Indian, Chinese, White, woman, ...etc. Ususally the white guy pop up, the TRUE American. Why? If you promote any of the "immigrant", soon or later, the team will fight! If you talk to Indian IT consultants more enough, you will find out they are smart and hard working, but almost NONE of them would like to work for Indian IT manager...

And if you talk to many Chinese IT managers, you may find out Chinese IT managers is AFRAID of hiring Chinese programmer. They are TOO closed and end up NOT doing the job.

From my own experience, I prefer to work for TRUE American manager; they are generous with great leadership and know the system and society well... I tried to escape from female or immigrant manager because they will try to squeeze me and gave me too much to do. As to tenants, my brother say he has a fair way for all the tenants.

If the unit condition is very bad, he will find a TRUE American since they are normally very handy and will paint the unit and repair everything natually, and he would be very glad to pay for materials and give discount ... then the TRUE American will move out in a year or two when they have kid, then he has a very shine unit, that he will rent it to India tenant who are not handy at all, but will always pay rent on time (Well, in India, my brother-in-law said, if your check bounced, you go to jail!!! )

If he never increase the rent, they will not move out till 6 years later when they finally obtain their green card (they usually won't buy till got a green card, but will save a lot of money), but once they buy, they will buy big house. But since they are not handy, the unit will eventually need lots of maintenance, but then not much budget to upkeep since the rent stay the same for years ...

So, he will rent it to Amigos or Black Americans normally are discriminated in this country and can not easily rent a place (Is this the reason they are buying their own home?). But soon or later they will not be able to pay the rent on time. Why? since they are discriminated, they could be laid off victim soon or later, so no jobs, how can they pay rent? When that happen, my brother would let them paint the unit, replace floor ...etc to offset the rent, and eventually, they will find another job and owe him too much rent and will be moving out...

Somehow, he seldom rent to Chinese because Chinese are sharp pencil (they will bargain 30% down of your rent!!), and Chinese has a habit to own property, so too many Chinese has spare rooms for rent at all dirt cheap (check out bulletin board of Asian Food Center in Edison)...

So, what is the conclusion? Every one has to find out his or her "edges" and understand others "good" to be able to take advantage of.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:03 PM

103 posts, read 187,687 times
wjcheng: Please take your meds.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:14 PM

79 posts, read 285,428 times
no way. wjcheng rocks. keep posting.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:33 AM

11 posts, read 68,266 times
We are looking to re-locate to madison but want to rent first, can you tell me what apartment complexes to stay away from that house these illegals and what ones might be nice for a corporate relo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
There are illegals everywhere, not just in poor areas of NJ. I live in Madison, NJ, one of the wealthiest towns in the state, I know of a bunch of apartments occupied by multiple illegal aliens.

The whole thing of them doing works that Americans won't do is a myth. There is no proof to validate it.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM

146 posts, read 908,396 times
Default Immigration - Close the GATES!!

1.) WJCHENG - Your posts are so funny, the way you say things makes me laugh. (in a good way). "Chinese sharp pencil." LOLOL That was so funny

2.) I agree with the poster that said the child born here should have the residency of the birth mother.

3.) The US should close the gates from ALL immigration for at least the next 10 years. We are choking in overpopulation. It needs to be slowed down.

4.) NJ is loaded with immigrants from all over - mostly the latin countries & india.

5.) I think a lot of them are hard workers and they do jobs that Americans won't do. Example, like the girl said about the busboy job.....white kids today refuse to do that because to them they think its "beneath them" to do that. Any job a mexican has they don't want because it appears to their friends as demeaning. For example, in my sister's house acceptance of all races has to be respected and you only judge the person.....so that being said....one day my other sister asked my nephew (9 years old) to do something for her, she ssaid I'll pay you $5 to do it and he turned to her and said "what do I look like a Mexican???" I don't know where he got that from but I know it wasn't from my sisters house. But you see the perception young children have.

6.)We all contribute to the problem in some way. For instance if I call Tony down the street from me and ask him how much to paint my house he'll say "oh about $2500." If I ask Jose he'll say "oh about $500."
I'm going with Jose! Who would you go with?

Last edited by CJ-FROM-NJ; 01-17-2007 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey