Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 03:15 PM

19,048 posts, read 25,151,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I know you don't want to admit it but this project was very New Jersey
I know that you don't want to admit it, but our HUGELY esteemed ex-Governor, Chris Christie, was the source of most of the state's funding for that project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 10:14 PM

182 posts, read 133,459 times
Murphy will convert it into an enclosed sanctuary city.

Old 07-09-2021, 02:25 AM

7,191 posts, read 3,401,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I know that you don't want to admit it, but our HUGELY esteemed ex-Governor, Chris Christie, was the source of most of the state's funding for that project.
I never mentioned him. You make a statement like I am a cheerleader for Chris Christie... although your statement isn't factual.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:37 AM

34 posts, read 38,372 times
I personally cannot wait for the Arc'teryx store to open, and they do have some interesting stores currently open at the mall like this one: https://www.alandusa.com/
I enjoy malls that sell more than just your usual mall brands, so it's cool that the mall isn't shoehorning itself into just Banana Republics and so on. That area definitely does need mass transit from NY if the mall is ever gonna be successful. Maybe a light rail going to and from Secaucus Station?

Old 07-09-2021, 12:39 PM

26 posts, read 35,725 times
American Dream is a truly great place
Lots of great shops, plenty of retail options, the restaurants are dynamite, and there are plenty of options for kids

American Dream is arguably the greatest thing to happen to southern Bergen County and the surrounding area in over 20 years.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2021, 01:01 PM

3,994 posts, read 3,551,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyMusic View Post
American Dream is a truly great place
Lots of great shops, plenty of retail options, the restaurants are dynamite, and there are plenty of options for kids

American Dream is arguably the greatest thing to happen to southern Bergen County and the surrounding area in over 20 years.

Thanks

I see the potential. I've only gone a handful of times but the place has a lot going on and they're not even close to being done opening stores. People went from saying "the traffic driving through there will be horrendous, how could they build something like this here!?" to "nobody is going to go there, why did they spend all this money on this?!"

I'm rooting for it to do well.

Old 07-14-2021, 04:54 PM

17 posts, read 7,471 times
It's visually stunning inside, I must say. I made one visit from NY on NJT buses.
What attracts me is there is a Primark location. If you're unfamiliar -- it's a discount clothing chain out of Ireland. I consider it The Ikea of Clothes.

Also went to the Amazon 4-Star shop, ...never been to one before, it was worth a look.

There will be an H-Mart soon, which should increase foot traffic.
Some interesting food choices ...several more are "Coming Soon." Someone mentioned ramen -- the Poro Ramen shop up at the 3rd floor food court (called Coca Cola Eats) was very good. Food places up there are unusually spread out. What I found unsettling is the noise level, and it wasn't that busy. Seems like a noise box up there. Makes you not want to linger.
I saw signs for Saks Fifth Avenue, though I didn't go looking for it. Didn't that chain go under?

And whoever suggested they put a light rail line in ...do they realize there is already a train line into the Meadowlands, with a station? And what is the deal with that line? I read somewhere it was built partly with football money. So does NJT not get to use it for other purposes? I dimly remember it being used for concerts some time ago. Now I don't hear anything about it, and current info online is lacking.
Sad to see the old Izod Arena just sitting there, mostly unemployed.

Old 07-14-2021, 06:19 PM

1,050 posts, read 535,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normallyperplexed View Post
I saw signs for Saks Fifth Avenue, though I didn't go looking for it. Didn't that chain go under?
Are you thinking of Lord and Taylor?

Old 07-14-2021, 07:53 PM

10,064 posts, read 6,648,041 times
I'm really surprised that NJ isn't implementing a sales tax on clothing. A large demographic for the American Dream Mall along with the outlets are tourists/foreigners coming to the US and buying clothes here because they're cheap or 'American designer'. Europeans especially always pack their suitcases to the gills with these clothes, and NJ is missing out on these tax revenues.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:22 PM

3,994 posts, read 3,551,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I'm really surprised that NJ isn't implementing a sales tax on clothing. A large demographic for the American Dream Mall along with the outlets are tourists/foreigners coming to the US and buying clothes here because they're cheap or 'American designer'. Europeans especially always pack their suitcases to the gills with these clothes, and NJ is missing out on these tax revenues.

You’d be the first one whining and blaming the Dems and fake planning your move out of state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey