Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 06:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
Whats ironic is if all these folks put their kids in the Public school system, the ranking would increase dramatically.
So would property taxes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 07:20 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,011,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
So would property taxes...
They could absorb it, I mean they are paying for private school right now right?

Old 07-27-2013, 07:29 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
They could absorb it, I mean they are paying for private school right now right?
Property taxes would rise for everyone in the township, not just those who send their kids to private schools.

And it doesn't mean the quality of education taught in Franklin schools would increase either.

There's a reason some people don't believe in/don't send their kids to Franklin schools and it's much larger than the fact that a whole bunch of bad eggs from "that side" of Franklin attend the schools.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 AM

3 posts, read 5,109 times
Can someone tell me about the safety in the areas between Franklin Blvd. and Hamilton St.? I'm looking at a place on Lewis St. and it seems OK in the daytime. Is this neighborhood part of the crime-ridden areas of Franklin Township?

Old 08-26-2013, 08:15 AM

17 posts, read 26,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
this thread is hilarious. i highly doubt these people even live in Franklin. Franklin is a great town except for some small parts and the schools
+1

I've been renting a townhouse here for the past five years and I'll surely miss this place (as I am closing on a home next month in a different town far from here). I live right off demott lane in cluster homes at quailbrook and love this area. Its super clean & green, beautiful parks, with the library within walking distance and you could also enjoy a nice weekend at colonial park which is a 5 min drive from here. the groceries (shop'n'stop/shoprite) are within 5 mins drive along with a bunch of smaller restaurants. You really can't go wrong here except for the higher taxes and lack of good public schools.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcam1982 View Post
Can someone tell me about the safety in the areas between Franklin Blvd. and Hamilton St.? I'm looking at a place on Lewis St. and it seems OK in the daytime. Is this neighborhood part of the crime-ridden areas of Franklin Township?
I usually go there to pickup food from papa johns at that location during the day and sometimes late evening and it is OK; but I would never purchase a home in that area especially when there are other nicer parts of franklin.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minghi View Post
I usually go there to pickup food from papa johns at that location during the day and sometimes late evening and it is OK; but I would never purchase a home in that area especially when there are other nicer parts of franklin.
Thanks for your reply. Can you explain why you wouldn't purchase here? The homes in the nicer parts of Somerset are out of our price range and the way things are in this market, the good homes get taken within days. Is it unsafe to live in that area? Or is it just because you prefer other areas to that one?

Old 08-26-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcam1982 View Post
Thanks for your reply. Can you explain why you wouldn't purchase here? The homes in the nicer parts of Somerset are out of our price range and the way things are in this market, the good homes get taken within days. Is it unsafe to live in that area? Or is it just because you prefer other areas to that one?
I never felt unsafe in that area; its just that I prefer the other cleaner areas where there's more to do than having to drive everywhere on a nice day out. I'm not sure what kind of homes you are looking at but yeah, the single family homes are priced pretty high where I live on demott lane but the townhouses are not that bad. Here's one house priced about right in my neighborhood (146 Picadilly Pl, Somerset, NJ 08873 for $200k)

Old 08-26-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minghi View Post
I never felt unsafe in that area; its just that I prefer the other cleaner areas where there's more to do than having to drive everywhere on a nice day out. I'm not sure what kind of homes you are looking at but yeah, the single family homes are priced pretty high where I live on demott lane but the townhouses are not that bad. Here's one house priced about right in my neighborhood (146 Picadilly Pl, Somerset, NJ 08873 for $200k)
You are a huge help! Thanks so much! Realtors aren't any help giving info about the area and we really like Somerset, but are from northern NJ. I keep reading about the areas to avoid in Franklin Township but am not clear as to what neighborhoods those are. I've been reading areas closer/adjacent to New Brunswick are definitely bad. Does this mean everything east of Hamilton Street should be avoided, or even streets west of Hamilton St. are unsafe as well?

Old 08-26-2013, 09:26 AM

293 posts, read 719,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismaya View Post
Because people of Dominican ancestry often have specialized hair needs. And the person didn't mention the owners.

Really? Is their hair made out of Kryptonite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey