Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 10:27 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times

Advertisements

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ph-cases-daily

Old 07-11-2021, 11:35 PM

10,431 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Out of 50 states in this country, NJ had the most deaths per population mostly as a result of Murphy and his mishandling of the nursing homes. He shut down businesses, forced children who are not at risk to wear masks and stay home. This guy needs to go.

Old 07-12-2021, 04:58 AM

7,333 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
No, not a personal decision with such a high transmission rate. It affects everyone around them.

And it's not going away because anti-maskers/anti-maskers have been brainwashed by RW radio and TV. Never have I witnessed such sheep-like behavior by Republicans.

Why should everyone else have to die because of their complete selfishness and stupidity?

Ironically while their dear god Trump got secretly vaccinated, along with Ivanka and Melania.

It's just a shame this pandemic had to happen while monsters like Trump, Putin, and Bolsonaro were running huge countries into the ground. It couldn't have been worse timing.

Anyway, the comments on this thread so farhave made me even MORE determined to get Governor Murphy re-elected!
And there we have it folks. An overwhelming majority of New Jersey residents feel this way.

The talking points are all the same. First, the obligatory obligation mask statement followed by the illogical statement of covid being certain death followed by mentioning Trump, followed by love letters to hoseteeth.

It's Phil Murphy's responsibility to keep us all safe, not your own. Gotta love the leftists.

Old 07-12-2021, 05:13 AM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
And there we have it folks. An overwhelming majority of New Jersey residents feel this way.
Actually... yes, they do:
https://www.njspotlight.com/video/ne...overnors-race/

The majority of the state residents who were polled recently gave Murphy the highest rating of any recent NJ Governor:
https://www.njspotlight.com/video/mu...monmouth-poll/

Old 07-12-2021, 05:46 AM

318 posts, read 450,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

The majority of the state residents who were polled recently gave Murphy the highest rating of any recent NJ Governor:

Yeah the same polls that had biden up by 17 points in Wisconsin the morning of the election. Reliable.

Old 07-12-2021, 07:07 AM

7,333 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

Not surprising...confirms what we knew all along, will win in a landslide. And the next governor will be even worse and so forth.

Makes me wonder what will happen first, legalized marijuana in NJ (you know, the type you can actually buy) or being able to pump our own gas like the rest of the world. My guess, neither. Our state motto should be "NJ: we can't get out of our own way"

Old 07-12-2021, 07:19 AM

63 posts, read 162,303 times
Masks do work- my mother was a nurse on a Covid floor for four months. She did not catch it. I am a teacher who had students in my class who were Covid positive- I did not catch it. However, many medical professionals and teachers did get sick because of the viral load they were exposed to.

The Delta variant is more transmissible than the variants that we had this past year. More studies need to be done to see how we can protect ourselves- whatever scientists and doctors come up with I will follow.

This should have never be a politicized pandemic. We all should want to protect one another and get through this. Don't make it about politics. The same goes for masking- it is just a piece of fabric- is it really that big of a deal? I think people need to stop whining and consider all the hard working people on the front lines who have been taking care of your friends, family members and community members. Also, if we want our kids back at school again this Fall and all we need to do is protect the unvaccinated kids with masks, then just show some respect for them. They are humans too.

Old 07-12-2021, 07:19 AM

325 posts, read 368,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
I will never vote for someone with a D next to their name because they will take away our Freedom. Wearing a mask and getting vaccinated should be a PERSONAL decision, just like smoking or anything else in life. It is time we learn to live with COVID because it is not ever going away with or without future restrictions.
Oh please. By your logic, General Washington was a traitor who took away our freedoms as well with forced inoculations: https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/GW&sm...oculation.html.

I didn't hear you whining about freedoms when the Patriotic Act was passed.

Old 07-12-2021, 07:21 AM

325 posts, read 368,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2jm3jm4jm5 View Post
You do realize that the "science" people like you quote also says that masks are useless. Your idol Fauci even said so at the start of this whole thing. Second of all NJ had some of the highest percentages of people who were masks and some of the strictest lockdown measures. Yet had a hire percentage of Covid cases than Florida, which had no lockdowns.

Feel free to continue to hid under your bed for the next 20 years the rest of us will live our lives.
Rubbish. A recent study published in Health Affairs, for example, compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. It found that mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate; at three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent

Old 07-12-2021, 07:26 AM

318 posts, read 450,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach277 View Post
Masks do work- my mother was a nurse on a Covid floor for four months. She did not catch it. I am a teacher who had students in my class who were Covid positive- I did not catch it. However, many medical professionals and teachers did get sick because of the viral load they were exposed to.

The Delta variant is more transmissible than the variants that we had this past year. More studies need to be done to see how we can protect ourselves- whatever scientists and doctors come up with I will follow.

This should have never be a politicized pandemic. We all should want to protect one another and get through this. Don't make it about politics. The same goes for masking- it is just a piece of fabric- is it really that big of a deal? I think people need to stop whining and consider all the hard working people on the front lines who have been taking care of your friends, family members and community members. Also, if we want our kids back at school again this Fall and all we need to do is protect the unvaccinated kids with masks, then just show some respect for them. They are humans too.
I know being a teacher its your personal agenda to keep schools closed as long as possible to not return to daily work but...

Why would we need to mask children when they have a 99.999 % chance of surviving a covid infection? Also this would be the third school year ruined for kids with useless restrictions. No football games, proms, graduations, etc. Are you taking into account the long term emotional effects ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey