Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 10:09 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,981 times

Advertisements

Because I'm too lazy to go through all these pages in search of someone who's asked the same questions, I'm just posting a new thread.

I'm curious about West Milford. While I've always been fascinated with it in general because of the "weird" folklore you read in Weird New Jersey magazine (such as the old Jungle Habitat and Clinton Road), it is also one of the few places in this state (or at least the northern half of the state) that I'd be interested in living in.

What I would like to know is, whether it is fact, statistic or simply opinion:

1. What are the best sections of west milford to buy a home and raise a family. This could mean directly on a specific lake community or up away from the lake area where the streets are a little wider, the traffic is a little ligther and the neighborhoods a little quieter, which is actually what I would prefer, I don't think we want to be right on a narrow lake community.

2. Where and what are the particular flood zones if any specific ones exist there.

3. The school system...are they all good or are there some schools/districts better than others. And of course how are the middle school and high school regarding population, crime/drugs, academics, extracurriculars, etc.

4. Are all the children bused to school because of how large west milford is?

5. Daycares, are there good ones and which are they? Are they state certified?

6. Kindergarten programs....do they have all day kindergarten or extended aftercare programs if it's only half day kindergarten?

7. Aftercare in general for elementary school/middle school/etc. Is aftercare provided? What is the cost? How does one find out about it? Who do you call? Etc.

And anything else I may have left out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey