Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 03:42 PM

983 posts, read 768,350 times

Advertisements

You already have a burnt out and also short staffed and now to add a mandatory vaccine. This is going to be fun.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...st/5453049001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 05:41 PM

668 posts, read 467,245 times
Just wondering, for those who don't want it (there are some health care workers who don't), who is paying for the weekly testing?

Should be the employer, since it's their regulation.

Certainly won't be the insurance companies, that will get old quick...

just wondering....

Old 08-02-2021, 06:49 PM

16,876 posts, read 10,539,064 times
Not a fan of mandatory vaccines but I think everyone will be coerced into getting it one way or another. I think most adults should get it, but making it mandatory is not the way to go.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 08-02-2021, 07:57 PM

1,136 posts, read 842,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
Just wondering, for those who don't want it (there are some health care workers who don't), who is paying for the weekly testing?

Should be the employer, since it's their regulation.

Certainly won't be the insurance companies, that will get old quick...

just wondering....
We the tax payers will be paying for the testing. Better vote smart in November!

Old 08-02-2021, 08:05 PM

1,136 posts, read 842,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Not a fan of mandatory vaccines but I think everyone will be coerced into getting it one way or another. I think most adults should get it, but making it mandatory is not the way to go.
I agree mandates are not the way to go. It also worries me that when Governments around the world in our history began mandating things, it lead to both Nazi and Communist regions. What will our Government mandate next? How far will they go?

Another thought, what if these workers go on strike? How would that affect our health system? How many will simply quit? I guarantee these mandates will not end well. Just wait and see.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:30 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,782,402 times
If you have doctors against it along with the #1 Key Opinion Leader and creator of mRNA saying its not for everyone, it really should raise some red flags.

My neighbor who also was a Covid researcher said he wasnt put it into his body only the J&J shot. Either way we have vaccines have negative effects for many years down the road, it happened in the 1976 when they mandated vaccines for the Swine Flu and many got sick from it. Merck just took Zostavax for shingles off the shelf even after being FDA approved because it killed 1% of the people who took it several years down the road.

Anyway if they forced me to get a vaccine id quit, and im sure many people will.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:35 PM

18,927 posts, read 14,111,175 times
Any government agency that imposes a requirement for a vaccination, must also provide indemnification in the event of side effects.
If they won't stand behind their dictates, you shouldn't be required to comply.

SUE THEM.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:43 AM

177 posts, read 119,723 times
I wouldn't let a health care worker who was not vaccinated near me. I certainly would not allow an unvaccinated HCW to enter my elderly (mid 90s) family member's home who has COPD and would be at high risk.

All employers have conditions of employment. When I disagreed with them I sought employment elsewhere.

Health care workers who do not wish to be vaccinated, if that is a requirement of their employer, have freedom to find a different job.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:54 AM

177 posts, read 119,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Either way we have vaccines have negative effects for many years down the road,
Can you show the "many years down the road" data? From experts in the field?

That doesn't match any data from experts that I've read.

For instance, this doctor who is an internationally recognized expert in the fields of virology and immunology and who specializes in infectious diseases, vaccines, immunology, and virology, and is also the co-inventor of a rotavirus vaccine.:

"....past experience shows that severe side effects from vaccines most often appear within a time frame of about 6 weeks after vaccination, according to Paul Offit, MD, director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and a member of the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC).

"If you look historically at severe vaccine safety problems, they have occurred about 6 weeks after getting a dose. I can't think of an example of a severe side effect that isn't seen within this time frame after vaccination. I know of no precedent of a long-term effect that comes up 5 or 10 years later," Offit told MedPage Today."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/93064

Last edited by pavedwithgold; 08-03-2021 at 03:08 AM..

Old 08-03-2021, 08:11 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,782,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavedwithgold View Post
I wouldn't let a health care worker who was not vaccinated near me. I certainly would not allow an unvaccinated HCW to enter my elderly (mid 90s) family member's home who has COPD and would be at high risk.

All employers have conditions of employment. When I disagreed with them I sought employment elsewhere.

Health care workers who do not wish to be vaccinated, if that is a requirement of their employer, have freedom to find a different job.
The vaccine only stops the individual from being sick. It does not stop the virus from being spread, and from what we now know people who have the vaccine have a higher viral load so they are considered super spreaders. Id much rather be around who has the symptoms of the virus rather than someone who doesnt have the symptoms but has a higher virus loqd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey