Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:14 AM

828 posts, read 3,138,455 times

Advertisements

My two favorite posters...Tahiti and JM, telling it like it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 06:24 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
My two favorite posters...Tahiti and JM, telling it like it is.
one of the worst offenders complimenting me?!?! LOL!

(j/k by the way )

Old 05-16-2008, 06:25 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
I've been through my experiences... and some cops on this board have said "Oh you're lying, you were doing something wrong!" every time, without fail.

Except I wasn't. *shrug*.

I don't think so. I think the cops need to start going after their "brothers" breaking the law; they should be held to the highest and strictest standards, NOT the lowest just because they can get away with it. Then I'll respect them more.

LOL cops in suburbia are the worst, and I deal with worse people on my commute through Newark than what many of those tools deal with among "worst" offenders in the area. So thats kind of a load of crap. I've said it before - most cops in urban areas are far more respectable, mostly because they have better things to do.

Actually it's not a load of crap..the suburbs have a lot of human garbage as well
Wife beaters, child molesters and child beaters..you just don't hear about it

Old 05-16-2008, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Kate that is no excuse. We all know the crap they have to deal with. But oink acadamy 101 teaches tollerance towards others. They go through sensitivity training. NJ Staties take this course. The local oinks do not.

Anyone ever bad mouth a Statie? You can tell them what their mother does and they will just yes sir you and continue on with their business of writing tickets. Tell a local cop what his mother does and he will empty his side arm into your head and take his plant piece and place it in your hand.

An oink that breaks the law should automaticly do triple the fine/time as a peon...oops I mean citizen. The problem is they never get busted.

Remember when seat belts first became law in NJ? Remember the Staties demanded they be exempt from that law? NJ Supreme court denied them. Chalk one up for the good guys.

The only thing I will admit is the oinks in NJ are not as dangerous as where I am now. Only one other state has more incidents of oinks shooting innocent citizens then here. It is open season on citizens. It must be nice to shoot people if you get mad at them and there is no consequense.

I have no use for them. The only good they are is to keep Dunkin Donuts stocks up for the investors.

OINKS..gee I thought that word died a silent death when the hippies grew up and joined the establishment

Old 05-16-2008, 10:42 AM

717 posts, read 773,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
You're lumping all into one pot.
there are many hard working honest cops out there
just remember your post when you need to call one
I know Kate- I have a few friends who are in the force and are very genuine honest guys.

Im going to say that there is probably dirt on 50% of all cops records.

I live in Hoboken- I see it first hand.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
I know Kate- I have a few friends who are in the force and are very genuine honest guys.

Im going to say that there is probably dirt on 50% of all cops records.

I live in Hoboken- I see it first hand.

Hoboken......they have a real fruit loop in command there
Just look at the shenanigans down in New Orleans.....these are the kind that give all cops a bad name!! They should have known better and it just shows the intelligence level they actually took tons of pictures

Old 05-16-2008, 10:52 AM

717 posts, read 773,633 times
Quote:
Just look at the shenanigans down in New Orleans.....these are the kind that give all cops a bad name!! They should have known better and it just shows the intelligence level they actually took tons of pictures
It was disgraceful. There is usually more police corruption in the urban areas. I hope the humiliation the HPD suffered sent a message.
We'll see.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
It was disgraceful. There is usually more police corruption in the urban areas. I hope the humiliation the HPD suffered sent a message.
We'll see.
It really sux that the good honest ones are tainted by that fiasco

Old 05-16-2008, 02:37 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
One thing I'm glad to see is alot of members are consistant. They hate cops, teachers,politicians, working moms, New Jersey and mostly every living breathing thing and town. Off to work I just got a call maybe I should kill the person and plant a gun on him since thats what we seem to get blamed for daily. Just remember the next time your in a car wreck and barely breathing and the cops are pulling you out of the car with the jaws of life TO SAVE YOUR LIFE. Just tell him or her that you HATE THEM and for them to leave. I guess if I was unemployed nobody would hate me.JM

Well said!!!

Old 05-16-2008, 03:44 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Are you referring to all those cops that ran at the call of duty just to protect their own ash? I call them sissys or cowards. So did their Sergant. Or are you referring to those several cops who stole all those brand new Caddalics from the auto dealership?

Closer to home and more recent you could be referring to the NJ Trooper who was taking drugs from drug dealers in exchange for looking the other way. The 2 Trooper partners were reselling the drugs.

Instead of complaining about what we all know goes on, what can we do about it?

There should not be a few bad apples as you all say. Just like with the presidental election, voting for the lessor of 2 evil is still evil. One bad copper makes the whole force bad. Corruption spreads like a disease. Easy gain is too tempting to any human being.

Maybe Im just jealous because I cant walk in on a drug deal, shake my gun and take the brown paper bad with all that cash in it.

Arrests of crooked cops in NY are up 25% over last year according to NY Internal Affairs. They cite everything from cops using drugs, stealing property - even from the dead - and committing other acts of corruption, including extorting sex from female suspects, spiked sharply last year, according to a confidential NYPD report.

Where does it end??? Never mind. I think we all know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey