Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 03:55 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Just remember the next time your in a car wreck and barely breathing and the cops are pulling you out of the car with the jaws of life TO SAVE YOUR LIFE. Just tell him or her that you HATE THEM and for them to leave. JM
Jerseyman. By no means am I putting you down. I like you. I have told this story a couple times in different situations but never reveled the location. It has to do with your post above.

In 1991 I was hit broadside by a drunk 18YO girl. My truck was plowed into the side of a sign that said "Welcome to ***" on one side and "Welcome to ***" on the other side of the sign. While I was laying dead and looking for my white lighted tunnel, the 2 cops from both towns were arguing over who was going to take the report. No rescue was there, the 2 town cops were there first. My truck lay dead smack on the dividing line of 2 towns. This was in NJ but I would rather not say the towns.

All this came out in court. For a couple years I still learned new facts about the unprofessional antics of those 2 lazy cops. They probably still ride to this day I suppose to save lives? Protect? Patrol? I pitty the poor sap that needs help if these bums show up. Dont worry, it was far from your area.

I am here today to complain because of the rescue workers who revived me. So no help or thanks is in order to those coppers that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 04:00 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
I'm going to make my final post with this one and move on. So once in a while a teacher has sex w/ one of his or her students,does that mean all teachers are pedophiles NO. One in a while a plumber screws up a job and you have a leak after they leave, does that mean all plumbers suck NO.Once in a while a dentist will drug a patient and grope her, does that mean all dentists suck NO. Once in a while a soldier shoots the wrong person, friendly fire, assaults in a prison should we hate the US Military NO. Once in a while you have fireman that start their own arson fires because they were bored, do or should we hate all fireman NO. The auto mechanic that just fixed your brakes and charged you 450 bucks and you leave and you hear them rubbing when you leave do they all suck NO. The doctor that reset my broken arm the wrong way with a cast that didn't work and I needed an operation do I hate all docs NO. I think you get my drift I could continue WITH EVERY PROFESSION. Are their bad cops and jerkoffs, sure there are, but there are over 500,000 cops in the US and to blanket all of them as thieves and killers is just not right.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:12 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
[/b]

Actually it's not a load of crap..the suburbs have a lot of human garbage as well
Wife beaters, child molesters and child beaters..you just don't hear about it
You forget, I was a firefighter, and I know many cops. I've heard all the worst stories... and they are nothing by comparison to what another friend, a Newark Officer, has gone through. Sure, the muni's think they have it all tough...

But they don't. It comes down to this.

There should not be ANY bad cops. Bad cops should NOT be protected by other, typically good, cops. A bad cop is a cop that will pull you over for something that cop does regularly. A bad cop is one that uses a badge to get out of tickets. A bad cop is one that says "I love it when bikes run - its the splat at the end that really makes me smile". A bad cop considers himself in a position of power; meanwhile a good cop considers himself in a position as a protector.

THAT is what cops are there for. They aren't there to earn money for the town, they aren't there to score some free food, drink and drive, harass kids when they are bored, use their position to get back at someone who got a friend in trouble, or otherwise demean themselves and their better coworkers by abusing their badge.

Unfortunately, I think truly good cops are a rarity. Out of all the officers I know, including some I went to school with, I can think of less than 10. One became a cop because he thinks he can help, in a small way, make life better for others. One became a cop (among other services, as a volunteer) because his dad gave up his life saving someone, and he wants to be that person, the kind of person his father would respect. One became a cop because he loved robocop (no, I'm not joking and he is one of my favorites), and since robocop was always helping people, thats what he wanted to do.

I respect those kinds of cops. I don't respect the numerous others I know, and we don't have enough fingers and toes combined for me to count them. I hope this changes in the future.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:01 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
You forget, I was a firefighter, and I know many cops. I've heard all the worst stories... and they are nothing by comparison to what another friend, a Newark Officer, has gone through. Sure, the muni's think they have it all tough...

But they don't. It comes down to this.

There should not be ANY bad cops. Bad cops should NOT be protected by other, typically good, cops. A bad cop is a cop that will pull you over for something that cop does regularly. A bad cop is one that uses a badge to get out of tickets. A bad cop is one that says "I love it when bikes run - its the splat at the end that really makes me smile". A bad cop considers himself in a position of power; meanwhile a good cop considers himself in a position as a protector.

THAT is what cops are there for. They aren't there to earn money for the town, they aren't there to score some free food, drink and drive, harass kids when they are bored, use their position to get back at someone who got a friend in trouble, or otherwise demean themselves and their better coworkers by abusing their badge.

Unfortunately, I think truly good cops are a rarity. Out of all the officers I know, including some I went to school with, I can think of less than 10. One became a cop because he thinks he can help, in a small way, make life better for others. One became a cop (among other services, as a volunteer) because his dad gave up his life saving someone, and he wants to be that person, the kind of person his father would respect. One became a cop because he loved robocop (no, I'm not joking and he is one of my favorites), and since robocop was always helping people, thats what he wanted to do.

I respect those kinds of cops. I don't respect the numerous others I know, and we don't have enough fingers and toes combined for me to count them. I hope this changes in the future.
Very well said. I think you just said it better then I tried to do.

I just tried to give you a few hundred REPs but I wore out my privilege always agreeing with you.

You used to be a Fire man? Why no more? Can you share why?

Old 05-16-2008, 06:26 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Very well said. I think you just said it better then I tried to do.

I just tried to give you a few hundred REPs but I wore out my privilege always agreeing with you.

You used to be a Fire man? Why no more? Can you share why?
volunteer - I moved. Once I get situated in the new house more fully, where its mostly maintenance and not being my own general contractor (or atleast get the bulk of things done and set up), and I'll join again in the new town

Old 05-17-2008, 02:03 AM

646 posts, read 2,668,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I'm going to make my final post with this one and move on. So once in a while a teacher has sex w/ one of his or her students,does that mean all teachers are pedophiles NO. One in a while a plumber screws up a job and you have a leak after they leave, does that mean all plumbers suck NO.Once in a while a dentist will drug a patient and grope her, does that mean all dentists suck NO. Once in a while a soldier shoots the wrong person, friendly fire, assaults in a prison should we hate the US Military NO. Once in a while you have fireman that start their own arson fires because they were bored, do or should we hate all fireman NO. The auto mechanic that just fixed your brakes and charged you 450 bucks and you leave and you hear them rubbing when you leave do they all suck NO. The doctor that reset my broken arm the wrong way with a cast that didn't work and I needed an operation do I hate all docs NO. I think you get my drift I could continue WITH EVERY PROFESSION. Are their bad cops and jerkoffs, sure there are, but there are over 500,000 cops in the US and to blanket all of them as thieves and killers is just not right.

Again very well stated!People here obviously want to paint all the same and it's just not so.To me if you have to use the word "oink" well you shoud be doing 5-10 anyway.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:12 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
They have a great scam going on in Paterson, I heard this first hand from a cop doing it, they now someone is dealing drugs, they grab the dealer, put his hands on the front of the car then remove the drugs and money and walk around to the back of the car to place the evidence on the top of trunk, THEN THE DEALER KNOWS HE CAN RUN, they dont chase him they split the money!! Well that dealer now has free claim to deal all night without hassel. Yes this is the scam in Paterson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey