Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 12:12 PM

10 posts, read 40,332 times

Advertisements

which is the best place to live West Windsor, NJ or Upper Saddle River my husband has been offered a job with Princeton University and I have been
offered a job with a company in upper Saddle River we have four boys and
and we both worry about the gang promblems in NJ since they all drive and
enjoy going out with friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 12:15 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,498,717 times
Live in Princeton or Hopewell. You can probably find a steal in Hopewell right now, prices are plummeting there. USR you'll be hanging out with mafia up around those parts. Couldn't pay me to live up there.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:43 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,299,568 times
Default Beware of these gangs in West Windsor and USR.

But where do you think the gang problem is worse, West Windsor or USR?
In West Windsor and Plainsboro, the Pirates rival the crosstown Northern Knights. In USR, it's the Day Rebels fighting the Highlanders. All this conflict!!!

But the real question is, which one is more of "feeder town" for all of the gang violence at Princeton? What do you think? I'd like to know.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:47 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,288,747 times
You do realize that if you pick one of those towns, one of you is going to have a 1.5 hour +/- commute, right? Why not look at someplace between the two?

Old 05-15-2008, 01:33 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,246,773 times
Haha mafia in Upper Saddle River? I love when South Jersey folks see a real nice town in North Jersey with large houses, they assume it's all mafiose. Now, that being said, there may be a few mobsters in USR, but for the most part it's an amazing beautiful town, inhabited by lots of hedge fund types

There are definitely no gangs in Saddle River. Haha. Actually, if any "urban type" was seen in Saddle River, somebody would most likely call the cops ASAP!

I'd recommend somehwhere in between the two towns, as they are VERY far apart. Westfield and Cranford are both roughly half way, and they are conveniently close to highways!

Old 05-15-2008, 01:45 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,348,786 times
If you do about half way, I would definitely recommend Metuchen. It's a lovely little town with lots of activities, restaurants, churches, a great YMCA and train station and it is in close proximity to GSP, 287, 1 and 27.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:17 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,657,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
You do realize that if you pick one of those towns, one of you is going to have a 1.5 hour +/- commute, right? Why not look at someplace between the two?
Agreed what Bob says. Look in Princeton, beautiful area, great schools

Old 05-15-2008, 05:27 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,498,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Haha mafia in Upper Saddle River? I love when South Jersey folks see a real nice town in North Jersey with large houses, they assume it's all mafiose. Now, that being said, there may be a few mobsters in USR, but for the most part it's an amazing beautiful town, inhabited by lots of hedge fund types

There are definitely no gangs in Saddle River. Haha. Actually, if any "urban type" was seen in Saddle River, somebody would most likely call the cops ASAP!

I'd recommend somehwhere in between the two towns, as they are VERY far apart. Westfield and Cranford are both roughly half way, and they are conveniently close to highways!
Just like the mafia is in Florham Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey