Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 01:02 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison910 View Post
Roselle Park isnt what it used to be. The taxes are ridiculously high for no reason. The schools are being taken over by illegals.
If you're looking to move to Union county, research Clark/Cranford.. Maybe even Union township as well.

Middlesex county has very nice towns as well. Colonia is a beautiful suburban town and has excellent schools.
My kids attend the schools, are involved in the sports programs and have a ton of friends.

Taxes are reasonable as well.

Good Luck!
Do you realize that you are giving advice to somebody who posed his question about Roselle Park 6 years ago?
Somehow...I think that he has resolved his housing questions by this time...

As to Colonia, while it is certainly a better environment--overall--than Roselle Park, I take issue with your characterization of it as "beautiful", and with your description of the schools as "excellent".

Having taught there for 35 years, I think it would be much more accurate to describe Colonia as a decent, reasonably attractive--albeit highly congested--part of Woodbridge Township with... good...schools.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 01:08 PM

10 posts, read 30,962 times
Oh Gee, I didn't even realize that! haha...

Old 06-10-2014, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 2,498 times
Really, Heroin City?? I grew up there and so I know that things have certainly changed. My sister still lives there with her kids, with one of them starting high school next year? Anything on the web about the heroin problem, or are these just rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:48 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaze View Post
Really, Heroin City?? I grew up there and so I know that things have certainly changed. My sister still lives there with her kids, with one of them starting high school next year? Anything on the web about the heroin problem, or are these just rumors?
If her extremely negative perceptions of Roselle Park are as off-base as her pie-in-the-sky positive view of Colonia, then her comments should be treated with extreme skepticism.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:48 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,141,153 times
I am close friends with several teachers at RP high school for the past 10 years and not once have they ever mentioned anything about heroin being a problem at the school.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:49 PM

3 posts, read 2,364 times
I am planning on moving to roselle park soon is this not a good area?

Old 09-07-2014, 03:15 PM

207 posts, read 513,618 times
I live in Linden...Roselle Park is just kinda...'there'. I don't think it would be on top of anyone's list for anything good or bad.

Why Roselle Park?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey