Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 11:28 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,196,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
If Murphy wins, there won't be any reason for anyone to laugh. NJ will be screwed. NJ cannot afford 4 more years of this Dictator. This is a fact!
Please provide a link to that "fact"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 11:40 AM

1,127 posts, read 820,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Please provide a link to that "fact"?
LMAO...people are leaving NJ in masses because it is unaffordable. Murphy said "If Taxes Are An Issue, NJ Isn't Your State". Murphy clearly doesn't care. No link is needed if you weren't sitting under a rock these past couple of years.

We have seen numerous businesses crumble due to Murphy's prolonged lockdowns. Next we will be seeing blanket vaccine mandates without testing out options, thousands of workers unemployed without pay (basically will look like NYC and CA). He will force vaccines on every child going to school (the same vaccines that already killed over 9K Americans).

Who the hell wants more Govt control, mandates, and regulations? SMH

Old 10-27-2021, 12:04 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,196,714 times
Quote:
LMAO...people are leaving NJ in masses because it is unaffordable. Murphy said "If Taxes Are An Issue, NJ Isn't Your State". Murphy clearly doesn't care. No link is needed if you weren't sitting under a rock these past couple of years.

We have seen numerous businesses crumble due to Murphy's prolonged lockdowns. Next we will be seeing blanket vaccine mandates without testing out options, thousands of workers unemployed without pay (basically will look like NYC and CA). He will force vaccines on every child going to school (the same vaccines that already killed over 9K Americans).

Who the hell wants more Govt control, mandates, and regulations? SMH
LMAO. Still looking for that fact. I've tried googling and can't find it., No I have not been sitting under a rock.
Chicken littles better leave the state ASAP because there is a good chance Murphy will be reelected. It is a definite possibility (even a fact) - oh and I can provide links that say he just might be reelected.

Old 10-27-2021, 01:31 PM

19,034 posts, read 25,108,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Well, to quote an old saying, He who laughs last, laughs best, so I propose that we return to this thread next Wednesday, to see who is laughing at that point. Are you game?

Quote:
If Murphy wins, there won't be any reason for anyone to laugh.
I'll take that as a "no".
So, you want people to return to this thread and laugh behind your back if Murphy does win?
Wouldn't you rather be a participant?

Old 10-27-2021, 03:07 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,072,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachretiree View Post
I thought Jack was strong in his tax statements. Murph's "pre-k for all" proposal means a spike in property taxes for sure. And Murph's forcing removal of oil heating systems for electric heat is just another huge expense for home owners.
It not what people living next door to the company that pours the old used oil in the ground think. They choke on it every time it gets poured into the ground. They don't use those little tanks to bury it in anymore. Now they pour it in one big giant tank to large to remove after 10 years.

Old 10-27-2021, 03:20 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,072,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2jm3jm4jm5 View Post
I totally agree with you in regards to the public sector employees. Any politician that wants to "defund the DMV" has my vote. The only governor that we ever had with the guts to take on the unions was Christie. Didn't work out well for him he was constantly attacked as being anti police and teacher. Murphy on the other hand is willing to let the unions run wild.
I get going after the new employees and changing existing public employees, employers into a 401K plan but going after the retiree doesn't make sense when they were contracted to get what they have. combining social security with pension is just stupid. Social Security has nothing to do with state taxes. Make the changes with the employee's not the retirees. If this happens then they may as well do this to the private sector too.

Old 10-27-2021, 04:09 PM

19,034 posts, read 25,108,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
He see's his opponent is gaining more votes.
https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_nj_102721/

Old 10-27-2021, 05:37 PM

4,151 posts, read 5,007,344 times
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...n-america.html

Old 10-27-2021, 07:21 PM

15,746 posts, read 14,345,608 times
What does NJ offer, except proximity to Manhattan, and it's business opportunities. The reason NJ had good growth at one point was the fact that it was cheaper than living in NY, and had relatively easy commuting access. Now it doesn't have a big cost advantage, and physical proximity isn't as useful. So lots of businesses and people are moving to lower cost, lower tax states, like FL and TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baycurious123 View Post
Not really a Murphy fan, but he said that at a business forum, and the full quote was in response to a question to NJ being ranked low in business friendly climate surveys:-

In other words, if the only thing you care about is your tax rate, then there are obviously better places to live. That's very different than saying 'if taxes are an issue, the NJ isn't your state'. This is true of everywhere and everyone really. If literally the only thing I cared about was taxes, I'd move to Alabama, as it has the lowest property tax rates in the CONUS, but I don't do that, because there are other factors.

Property taxes here are very high, but I tolerate them because of the education system. They are an issue, but there are other issues that outweigh that for me. Same for businesses...there are other states where it's cheaper to hire, but you don't have the same level of educated workers. It was probably stupid of him not to realize how it could be cherry picked, but what he actually said is very different to the GOP take on it.

People want politicians to be honest, and that's honesty. Tax increases might slow down, or come down slightly, but anyone telling you that they'll be able to fix the system and suddenly meaningfully cut your property taxes is lying to you.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:38 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,534,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
What does NJ offer, except proximity to Manhattan, and it's business opportunities. The reason NJ had good growth at one point was the fact that it was cheaper than living in NY, and had relatively easy commuting access. Now it doesn't have a big cost advantage, and physical proximity isn't as useful. So lots of businesses and people are moving to lower cost, lower tax states, like FL and TX.

“Lots” is relative. The people who want to bash NJ and bring up moving company stats about people moving out of NJ in droves never mention the people who move INTO NJ. We haven’t lost much population at all. It’s been slightly down the last year or two but not in a meaningful way.

I said this early on and it’s becoming clearer now, a 100% work from home work model is not going to be very widespread. Most workers are either already back at the office, expect to be back at the office at some point, or have a hybrid situation where they’re in the office some days and work from home other days. NJ will be just fine. It’s more expensive to live here than we all would like but if people would focus their efforts on making themselves more valuable in the work force than maybe they wouldn’t rely on government to be much a deciding factor on your personal economic situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey