Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 08:44 AM

3,422 posts, read 1,839,475 times

Advertisements

This thread is brought on by whoever is in that "Brown Kia Sorrento" that wanted to - and then did - go around myself, and then an older gentleman in a Chrysler Sebring to go all of about 1/8 of a mile in front of us to his home.

If you know Leisure Village, you know the busy part by the front, where the two mailboxes and speed humps are, is like the busiest one.. This guy went over the double yellow, and again, around the car in front of me, merged back in, lawn truck doing leaves or something.. Well, shoot. I suppose we just weren't going fast enough. (We were doing 25-30. The older gentleman in front of me, I did not feel was going too slow.)

First, I got the high beams flicked at me.. Ok, buddy, I see you.

Then the pass.

I mean.. come on.

Sure that was *technically* a road rage *observed* because I am pretty sure if a cop sees you do that, it is a reckless driving because of the double yellow.. It is over and done with now, but, here, the thread.

I was once chased through Brick NJ in my Infiniti by a psycho in a big white GMC "lifted" "bro truck" that I swear must have been drunk, that would make sense. This gave off the same vibes but was a lot tamer.

When is the last time and how did it go down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 10:38 AM

821 posts, read 774,554 times
Maybe the GMC truck person thought someone in a Japanese Infiniti car wasn’t patriotic enough.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:41 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times
Someone in a pickup flashed me Thursday on the Garden State. I was going 70+ in one of the middle lanes. When the heck did people start thinking that middle lane drivers need to move over for them? He's flashing me because someone in the left lane was going slow. Yeah go screw buddy.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-02-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
Maybe the GMC truck person thought someone in a Japanese Infiniti car wasn’t patriotic enough.
Or he was drunk.. I don't have any "I am PatrioticSuperman" bumper stickers on my car.

I don't like bumper stickers on my cars.

I've been tempted sometimes, but. No.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:05 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,545,186 times
Don’t get me started! Going 70 in the FAR RIGHT lane isn’t good enough for most of them.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Don’t get me started! Going 70 in the FAR RIGHT lane isn’t good enough for most of them.
I must spread some reputation before giving it to you again.

In the past few months, this may have started in 2020 but for sure in 2021.. I have become "that guy" that will accelerate to 75, and set the cruise at 75.

I get tailgated and passed like you would think I am going 50, usually................................

I sometimes take it up to 80 but there really isn't any point.

Old 10-02-2021, 07:16 PM

Goodnight for tonight, everyone.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:28 PM

10,461 posts, read 6,974,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
I must spread some reputation before giving it to you again.

In the past few months, this may have started in 2020 but for sure in 2021.. I have become "that guy" that will accelerate to 75, and set the cruise at 75.

I get tailgated and passed like you would think I am going 50, usually................................

I sometimes take it up to 80 but there really isn't any point.
80 really is the bare minimum in the state. I feel 90 is the new 80 now though.

Old 10-03-2021, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
80 really is the bare minimum in the state. I feel 90 is the new 80 now though.
It's *almost* like Chicago... 80 is like the "I'm just getting warmed up, haven't had my coffee yet."

^^ Actually... In that respect.. Yeah, 80-85 on the low side IS New Jersey. To a T. Go on the Parkway between 5:30a.m. and 7 in the morning...............

Chicago, south of Chicago, on the 55.. 100plus is not uncommon at. All. NJ is not *quite* there yet but.. Yeah, 85-90. I don't want to be *that guy* with video with a phone in hand (that is illegal) but I have considered an HD Mirror Cam.. this way, it's not an advertisement that "Hey, my car has a dash cam," these can become theft targets and make you stand out about as much as a radar detector, if a cop knows you have one (sees it as he walks up to your car, OR sees something on the dash that COULD be one,) oh boy, let's go take a look and greet you down the road whereas normally they wouldn't have.

I still don't see any police on the road *most of the time* but I don't particularly mind that. Sometimes, yeah. If you know the road....

Had it just yesterday, doesn't matter the size of your vehicle, I am not aware of any car made today, except for MAYBE a Mitsubishi Mirage I've seen a few, that can't do more than 100. And maybe even it can too.

"I feel the need.. The need for SPEED!" - New State Motto. Maybe Jack can endorse it?

Old 10-03-2021, 07:52 AM

Although the whole thing could have been avoided, from the beginning.. Some people are just psycho. Like the Lurch looking dude in the silver Benz

Have to know when to break it off, people. Have to. Stand up for yourself once, and evaluate from there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey