Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 03:58 PM

224 posts, read 164,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJCFamily View Post
We have friends with kids in Bloomfield. They told me the reason the middle and high schools aren’t as good is because Bloomfield absorbs a bunch of kids from Newark starting at the middle school level, and according to our friends the Newark kids bring down the test scores, start fights and are generally disruptive. Make of that what you will.

I literally work for Bloomfield and can confirm this. South side of town is rough and middle school staff is horrendous, I would not waste my money to live in Bloomfield you’d have to be crazy to spend all that money to put kids through that school system!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 06:56 PM

3 posts, read 3,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMountains93 View Post
I literally work for Bloomfield and can confirm this. South side of town is rough and middle school staff is horrendous, I would not waste my money to live in Bloomfield you’d have to be crazy to spend all that money to put kids through that school system!
Why is there only 1 middle school and 1 high school in Bloomfield? Seems crazy to me that there are so many elementary schools in the district that all funnel to only one middle school and high school.

Old 10-26-2021, 06:57 PM

3 posts, read 3,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
The northern part of Bloomfield is considered the better part of town. The southern part is not the greatest. The high school serves the entire town, whereas the elementary schools will serve the local kids.

Most towns seem to have higher graded elementary schools then High schools.
Why is there only 1 middle school and 1 high school in Bloomfield? Seems crazy to me that there are so many elementary schools in the district that all funnel to only one middle school and high school.

Old 10-26-2021, 07:29 PM

224 posts, read 164,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atdotnot View Post

The other middle school has been closed for like 30 years I think or something close to that, just an empty condemned building going to waste, the highschool is huge so that is fine for the town I guess but they do need another middle school for sure. Elementary schools are very crowded as well….

Old 11-03-2021, 01:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Interesting topic, but usually parents who would do this type of thing are trying to keep their kids out of trouble, so it's kind of hard to suspect those kids to be troublemakers. Not saying that the parents are right for doing this, just highlighting the reason for the action.

Maybe that is indeed the case. But the person who posted that Bloomfield's schools are absorbing Newark kids didn't give the impression to me that it was because of people using fake addresses.
I’m actually not sure. I thought she meant that Bloomfield is somehow being required by Essex County to take in some of the Newark kids, like through a busing program or something. But maybe it’s a border town issue and kids are using fake addresses. I think these things can have a snowball effect. People put their kids in the elementary school then send the kids to private schools when they hit middle and high school, thus Newark kids make up a bigger proportion of the high school thus dragging down the testing scores all the more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey