Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 09:35 PM

989 posts, read 1,876,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Your "link" is nothing other than an opinion piece. People with an IQ above room temperature & means and resources are fleeing both California & NJ.

Last edited by izannimda; 11-04-2021 at 09:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 11:06 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
Your "link" is nothing other than an opinion piece. People with an IQ above room temperature & means and resources are fleeing both California & NJ.
You obviously didn't read it.
That's ok, it's still true.

Old 11-05-2021, 08:03 PM

2,654 posts, read 1,180,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
13k in taxes on a 400k house is not cheap even by NJ standards.
That is exactly what though and was going to say.

Old 11-05-2021, 08:13 PM

2,654 posts, read 1,180,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I’m very surprised it was so close.
Not me I knew it would be. I even said it to the man with the ticket at the voting machine. The way I saw it being close was that Jack C. was picking up where Christie left off. The people who hate the high paid teacher, administrators and public workers I figured would vote for Jack C. but he went after the wrong public workers. He should have only made changes to the employees there less than 10 years in all public worker fields. Put the all in 401K. Stop comparing people to the past when life was cheaper, more affordable to live in NJ. He lost his focus and went after people I suspected he thought couldn't vote against him because they didn't get to stay in NJ. I also figured all the people who are not legally here Murphy got their vote and the DMV idea Murphy came up with where people were told they have to complete a short questionnaire indicating what party they affiliate with, along with all of their personal information made me think he gets their vote and has all the information he needs to make extra ballots. That is if he can find a way to get them printed without anyone knowing, He is rich isn't he *cough* Just a thought not an accusation.

Old 11-06-2021, 01:56 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I posted the dates earlier in the thread, but it seems to have been missed.

Vote-by-mail ballots that are sent through the mail must be postmarked by Election Day, November 2, 2021, and received by the county Board of Elections on or before November 8, 2021. Vote-by-mail ballots that are placed in the county’s secure ballot drop box or delivered in-person to the County Board of Elections must be delivered by 8 pm on Election Day, November 2nd.

https://www.nj.gov/state/elections/vote-faq.shtml

I received my ballot on Friday, October 29, and mailed it first thing Monday, November 1, so it will be postmarked in time, but I do not know if it will be received in time. To date, it has not been received. I doubt it will be, since it took more than two weeks from the time they mailed the ballot to me to get here.

But, at least I know I voted the best way I could.

I had seen you said it had to be postmarked by election day. I hadn't seen what day they had to be in by.

I had caught an article that says the 8th like you posted. I'm sorry if your ballot won't get there on time. Thank you for trying to vote.

In addition to mail in votes, there are provisional ballots still needing certification. These are from people who's eligibility couldn't be determined at the polls, or they had applied for a mail in ballot. They have to determine that the person was eligible to vote for the election for it to be counted.

N.J. election results 2021: Where are the votes that remain to be counted in razor-thin race for governor? - Updated: Nov. 05, 2021, 11:38 p.m. | Published: Nov. 03, 2021, 11:53 a.m.

Quote:
There’s a lot of uncertainty over the final numbers... ...because mail-in ballots and provisional ballots won’t be counted for several days.

Although most of New Jersey’s 21 counties have already reported most of the votes that were cast in person on Tuesday, some counties did not include early voting results in the first tallies.

In addition, election clerks across the state can accept vote-by-mail ballots that were postmarked by Election Day until Nov. 8. So the final vote totals in most counties won’t be available until after that date, and they don’t have to be officially certified until Nov. 15.

Old 11-06-2021, 07:08 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
^Yep, I am interested in what the final tallies will be. It makes a difference in such a close race.

Old 11-06-2021, 08:50 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
^Yep, I am interested in what the final tallies will be. It makes a difference in such a close race.

I'm interested too, since it is such a close race.

Powerful New Jersey Senate Democrat says '12,000 ballots recently found' support refusal to concede to truck driver

Quote:
Former Justice Dept. lawyer cuts Jan. 6 deposition short
Quarrel over affair, struggle preceded fatal shooting of Chicago…

Democratic New Jersey Senate President Steve Sweeney, who is projected to lose his bid for reelection against a little-known truck driver, is talking about "recently found" ballots to support his refusal to concede the race.

The defiant incumbent released a statement to the Philadelphia Inquirer on Thursday that explained why he is not ready to admit defeat to his Republican challenger.

“The results from Tuesday’s election continue to come in, for instance there were 12,000 ballots recently found in one county,” Sweeney said in an email, not naming the county. “While I am currently trailing in the race, we want to make sure every vote is counted. Our voters deserve that, and we will wait for the final results.”

Old 11-07-2021, 08:53 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,636,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
More information is out about Bergen County and its not passing the smell test.

Apparently there are 3 batch files that go into the vote tally. One of the batch files was hand counted mail in votes. They didnt follow policy and "accidently forgot" to add in the 3rd batch file with 40k hand counted votes until 4am.

Where did you get that info from?

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...s-phil-murphy/

“ Sabrina Taranto, the elections division supervisor in the Bergen County clerk’s office, told PolitiFact that because of the way the county tallies its votes, 100% means that "70 of the 70 towns in Bergen County’s election day machines were received and counted."

In this case, 100% does not include other types of votes, such as mail-in ballots, provisional ballots, and early voting ballots.

"This is the standard method followed by our office for every election," Taranto said”

Old 11-07-2021, 09:23 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,752,965 times
Margin of victory compared to the polls aside…Murphy is the first Democratic governor to be re-elected since 1977 and the first governor of the same party as the POTUS to win since 1985. He broke two longstanding trends, and even though the Assembly and Senate is flipping a few seats to the GOP, with all seats on the line, the Dems maintained comfortable majorities in both houses.

All of this against the backdrop of national trends showing low approval for Biden and the Democrats in Congress, the Virginia results, and other results such as the Minneapolis police ballot question, a moderate Democrat prevailing in the NYC mayoral race instead of a liberal Democrat, and what happened in Buffalo where a moderate Democrat incumbent mayor lost the primary to a liberal but managed to overcome in the general election as a write-in. The prevailing theme was a rebuke telling the Democrats to move back to the center.

And yet, Murphy has been called the most progressive governor in the country by no less than Bernie Sanders, and he and his party have maintained their trifecta hold of power on state government. Quite impressive. And with Sweeney gone, rest assured this second Murphy term will actually shake out to be even more liberal than the first.

Murphy actually has a great story to tell with these results. If there was no polling involved, there would be no negative narrative at all.

Last edited by Leps12; 11-07-2021 at 09:41 AM..

Old 11-07-2021, 09:37 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Where did you get that info from?

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...s-phil-murphy/

“ Sabrina Taranto, the elections division supervisor in the Bergen County clerk’s office, told PolitiFact that because of the way the county tallies its votes, 100% means that "70 of the 70 towns in Bergen County’s election day machines were received and counted."

In this case, 100% does not include other types of votes, such as mail-in ballots, provisional ballots, and early voting ballots.

"This is the standard method followed by our office for every election," Taranto said”
Yeah, DH has been splattering that Bergen County story all over this thread and a couple more on P&OC, but with no backup info other than he says so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey