Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 03:03 PM

8 posts, read 17,817 times

Advertisements

I’m still looking for a ‘crash pad’ for a job I have in NJ. I’ll be going back and forth between NJ & My home a few states away. I found a modest, refurbished apartment that comes fully furnished so I don’t have to haul stuff from 4 states away; HOWEVER, while the apartments are nice, the area looks sketchy. Any thoughts on the area of Lalor St. and say, Jeremiah Ave? I don’t know if I can post the apt name here. I think the area is technically Hamilton Township.

Any insights are appreciated— I will only be there part time for a year or two.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 03:12 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyE37 View Post
while the apartments are nice, the area looks sketchy. Any thoughts on the area of Lalor St. and say, Jeremiah Ave? I don’t know if I can post the apt name here. I think the area is technically Hamilton Township.

You can definitely post the name of the apartment complex, and you can likely get more specific advice from people familiar with the area if you do post the name.

Old 03-06-2021, 04:54 PM

668 posts, read 471,060 times
Quote:
I’m still looking for a ‘crash pad’ for a job I have in NJ. I’ll be going back and forth between NJ & My home a few states away. I found a modest, refurbished apartment that comes fully furnished so I don’t have to haul stuff from 4 states away; HOWEVER, while the apartments are nice, the area looks sketchy. Any thoughts on the area of Lalor St. and say, Jeremiah Ave? I don’t know if I can post the apt name here. I think the area is technically Hamilton Township.

Thanks in advance!

Lalor Gardens is the only apartment complex in that area, unless you are renting house ?
It is technically Hamilton, but the neighborhood is a bit sketchy.

To be fair, i don't live near there so i can't say for sure, but i've driven through that area a few times and i definitely wouldn't want to live there.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:00 PM

1,620 posts, read 3,774,139 times
You get what you pay for

Old 03-06-2021, 06:22 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
That's not Hamilton, that's Trenton. I live about 15 minutes northeast of there and it's night and day. Where is your office exactly? You can do better than that. What's your budget?

Old 03-08-2021, 11:03 AM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Ive lived and been in some bad areas in NJ during my life, however Trenton was the only city ive been involved in cross fire while sitting in my car at 8:30am at a traffic light.

Old 03-08-2021, 09:43 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Ive lived and been in some bad areas in NJ during my life, however Trenton was the only city ive been involved in cross fire while sitting in my car at 8:30am at a traffic light.
Did you get them?

Old 03-09-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
That's not Hamilton, that's Trenton. I live about 15 minutes northeast of there and it's night and day. Where is your office exactly? You can do better than that. What's your budget?

No, it's still Hamilton on that side of Lalor street.

Old 03-09-2021, 08:29 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,546,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
No, it's still Hamilton on that side of Lalor street.
Sorry, that's semantics. If you drive through there, you think you're in Trenton....

Old 03-09-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Sorry, that's semantics. If you drive through there, you think you're in Trenton....

yes, but he did say technically it's part of Hamilton. Which it is. Hamilton has sketchy parts too, usually bordering Trenton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: