Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,001 times

Advertisements

I do not personally remember when this happened, but I do know that my mother and aunts do. One of my aunts used to babysit for him when she was young and I know that more than one of them were in that house on a regular basis and they also attended the Sunday school that he taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,994,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plant guy View Post
I remember the case only because it was featured on americas most wnted,ut my bro in law who grew up in Summit remembers the shock and fear in the area.When i was in High school montclair late 70s,there was a kid Ken Altman who murdered a women to get money for gambling debts.HE killed her on friday with a souvener basesball bat and then kicked a field goal in saturdays game.It was a unreal feeling to know your classmate killed somebody. By the way does anyone know what happened to Ken Altman class of 79 montclair high school, He most likely 47 or 48 thanks for any info
I tried a Google Search of his name and could only come up with this, sorry.

FindACase™ | State v. Altman

You would need to buy the document to gain more information.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:21 AM

2,025 posts, read 3,345,213 times
To the OP: as for where to find the movie, i would just Google it, BING it, and whatever else you can do to find it online.

Otherwise, maybe join a site or board of movie buffs or collectors and ask on there.

And yes, i remember him (List) and the murders well.

The late Kuklinski dude has always fascinated me, ever since i saw the interviews with him on A&E. Some were with a psychiatrist, and pretty amazing.

Crimes near me: Andrew Cunanan murders the guy at Ft. Mott State Park in Pennsvile during his murder spree - before finally killing the designer Gianni Versaci in Florida, and then himself; young guy (18 i think) in my town killed a little girl on her way home from school who had been tormenting him, by sitting on her - then drove her body just a few rural miles away to dispose of it; guy lived about 5 houses down from me who was a long-time suspect in the murders of the (4?) prostitutes down by AC - he was never charged, was cleared as a suspect, but his life was already ruined.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:27 AM

4,723 posts, read 4,413,722 times
I was curious why the List case popped up again as we were somehow talking about it last week at work and the "younger" people did not know of it. I remember it so well and particularly when it was on America's Most Wanted.The truly amazing part was the guy who did the age progression along with the type of glasses and hair style that List would be likely to have. That was incredible because it really kind of got into his mind. There is a recent book THE MURDER ROOM by Michael Cappuzzo which cites several cases where the guy who did the age progression bust has helped to solve some crazy crimes. (actually the book is about a real life crime solving "club" that meets in Philly and focuses on "cold crimes"-- very good book).

Old 02-27-2014, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by screen_bean View Post
He hung himself in jail shortly after arriving there (not 7 years). I used to work for his divorce attorney and he asked him to help him with the criminal case - after saying no - we got his written will/suicide note. His M-I-L had alzheimers and drove him absolutely crazy (or shall I say more crazy). He was a unique person, but definitely had some issues especially with anxiety. He never felt good about himself and the divorce from Minka certainly did not help matters.
He may have had issues and was crazy but he didn't kill the mother in law. her own daughter killed her and got away with it.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:45 AM

31 posts, read 35,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavoom224 View Post
He may have had issues and was crazy but he didn't kill the mother in law. her own daughter killed her and got away with it.
How do you know?

Old 04-29-2016, 07:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,866 times
Default Mark Masters Step Daughter

I live in Brooklyn. A woman - who I have seen a few times before - was panhandling on the platform. I often give her money because she is so sad and pathetic. If not homeless, she is certainly close to it. She told me today she was trying to get enough money to get a shower. She had a pillow case wrapped around her head like a turban. Appears to be in her late 30's/early 40s. Today, she told me her name was Dominique. Then she started to tell me about her grandmother being murdered. She was clearly traumatized by what she was telling me. It's also clear that she has mental issues. She rambles and mutters. But she was very clear when she said the name Mary Mason and Plainview, NJ. I Googled the name and found this thread. Whatever happened in this family, it appears Dominique is the fallout.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:36 AM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromBklyn View Post
I live in Brooklyn. A woman - who I have seen a few times before - was panhandling on the platform. I often give her money because she is so sad and pathetic. If not homeless, she is certainly close to it. She told me today she was trying to get enough money to get a shower. She had a pillow case wrapped around her head like a turban. Appears to be in her late 30's/early 40s. Today, she told me her name was Dominique. Then she started to tell me about her grandmother being murdered. She was clearly traumatized by what she was telling me. It's also clear that she has mental issues. She rambles and mutters. But she was very clear when she said the name Mary Mason and Plainview, NJ. I Googled the name and found this thread. Whatever happened in this family, it appears Dominique is the fallout.
There is no "Plainview, NJ", but there is a Plainview in NY--on Long Island, I believe.
And, "Mason" is not an unusual name.
So, there could be a connection to the 1992 murder case in Plainfield, NJ, or...perhaps not.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,866 times
Default Plainfield, NOT Plainview

I should have written Plainfield, not Plainview. Yes, Mason is common name, but certainly not a woman telling me her name is Dominique and then telling me about her grandmother, Mary Mason being murdered. I was standing on the train platform at 7am and Dominique was rambling, so I was taking it all with a large grain of salt -- and not listening to all her details. I gave her $5 and told her I hope things got better for her. I didn't know anything about this until I got to a computer and Googled Mary Mason in PlainFIELD and realized her story was real. It's just a sad part of whatever happened in/to this family.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:05 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,864,277 times
This breaking news just in, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey