Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 10:39 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,597,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
I read some political rumors that Murphy wants to run for POTUS in 2024. He would commit political suicide by being the ONLY Gov to restrict freedoms once again in the US.

Yesterday on Fox news, he actually backtracked on his Friday statement and said "NO Restrictions" are being considered at this time.
I think its incredibly unlikely that (a) biden bows out/is unable to run or (b) the primary is contested.

Either way - I'll play. I'd actually take Murphy vs. the alternatives. Serious contenders would be Buttigieg, Warren, Klobuchar, and of course, Harris. Maybe even H. Clinton but I personally dont think that'll happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 10:46 AM

9 posts, read 3,455 times
Quote:
Most people don't want capacity limits and no restaurant or bar would "welcome" it because they are all hanging on by a thread as it is from the first round of unnecessary restrictions. Especially now that we have vaccines that supposedly prevent severe disease. Other states without these extreme measures have much lower death rates which proves these restrictions did absolutely nothing. There was a study last year in NY that concluded only 2% of COVID was spread inside restaurants and bars. To your final question, yes the ONLY way these natural waves end is due to the virus spreading to enough people causing antibody resistance. We have been dealing with this long enough to see a seasonal pattern has formed. It is predictable that the next 3-4 weeks (no matter what Govt does) this will spread even more. Then, by mid Jan, I gurantee it will level out and we will see it slowly drop again. By May, it will be down to less than 900 cases per day. Then, whole thing will repeat again next Nov-Dec. So predictable to anyone with a brain. Govt interference via restrictions makes no difference.
So order take out and buy alcohol elsewhere

Old 12-20-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgejoe1 View Post
Quote:
I read some political rumors that Murphy wants to run for POTUS in 2024. He would commit political suicide by being the ONLY Gov to restrict freedoms once again in the US.

Yesterday on Fox news, he actually backtracked on his Friday statement and said "NO Restrictions" are being considered at this time.
That’s the problem. Instead of allowing health officials to make decisions we have politicians who care more about their own re-election than public health

Old 12-20-2021, 11:08 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:

He never said he was considering them now in the first place. He simply said nothing is off the table.

Old 12-20-2021, 11:12 AM

1,146 posts, read 859,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
I think its incredibly unlikely that (a) biden bows out/is unable to run or (b) the primary is contested.

Either way - I'll play. I'd actually take Murphy vs. the alternatives. Serious contenders would be Buttigieg, Warren, Klobuchar, and of course, Harris. Maybe even H. Clinton but I personally dont think that'll happen.
I agree it is unlikely, but nothing can shock me at this point.

Old 12-20-2021, 11:17 AM

1,146 posts, read 859,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He never said he was considering them now in the first place. He simply said nothing is off the table.
Incorrect. At the Port event on Friday, Murphy clearly said that he fears restrictions will be returning. The OP posted the link. However on Sunday he basically said the opposite and that even though "everything is on the table", he does not see a return of restrictions or shutdowns. Something tells me his advisors spoke to him over the weekend or something else changed his tune.

Old 12-20-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Incorrect. At the Port event on Friday, Murphy clearly said that he fears restrictions will be returning. The OP posted the link. However on Sunday he basically said the opposite and that even though "everything is on the table", he does not see a return of restrictions or shutdowns. Something tells me his advisors spoke to him over the weekend or something else changed his tune.
He’s a tool. If he gave a damn about public health he would stop being as useful as the posters on This forum

He does nothing

Old 12-20-2021, 11:52 AM

195 posts, read 135,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There was never any kind of statement that vaccines would stop it 100%. But the vaccines help a lot of people who get it from getting severe symptoms/dying. They allowed the country to re-open with people feeling safe enough to go out, and to go out without masks. I feel much safer having gotten my 2 shots and the booster. I work with patients who have active Covid and I feel fine with that because of the vaccine (and the PPE, but I don't think that's as effective). I feel fine working with Covid patients and being around my family because they are vaccinated, too. Doesn't mean none of us will get it, and we were never promised that (and they really can't know ahead of time anyway, this is all new), but I feel less afraid that I will end up hospitalized or my honey will. I was very afraid of that before being vaccinated.

We actually have a patient right now here for rehab because she was very sick (not Covid) and now on top of her own health issues, we found out the other day that her unvaccinated son is in the hospital actively dying of Covid after being infected by his daughter's boyfriend.
this is a form of goalpost pushing. The whole point of restrictions and vaccines to to return to normalcy not to stay in covid infinity …most rational people have no intention of staying in perpetual covidism. Most people have measurable goals and expectations not changing goals and expectations to each covid zero

Old 12-20-2021, 12:20 PM

5,150 posts, read 3,758,340 times
No it is not the point of all of this at all. Follow the money.

Old 12-20-2021, 12:29 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:

Nobody is stopping you from participating in a self-imposed lockdown. Why do you need government to tell you not to leave your house? Stay home voluntarily. The rest of us adrenaline junkies will just live life on the edge by doing risky things like eating in public and getting within 6 feet of other humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey