Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 11:50 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,929,380 times

Advertisements

Which shore town has best Boardwalk?

I just took a trip down the show by NYC for first time in a decade. I had only been to Seaside Heights before though, not inbetween. Is Asbury Park the only commercial boardwalk between Staten Island, and Seaside Heights? I drove down to about Seagirt along the coast, and nothing. What about north of Asbury Park like Atlantic Highlands?

One would think more towns closer to NYC will want to attract tourists from NYC, far north NJ, and even Rockland/Westchester counties. Driving down to Seaside Heights is almost like going to Philly.

Rank by activities, shops, restaurants, etc etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 12:54 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Which shore town has best Boardwalk?

I just took a trip down the show by NYC for first time in a decade. I had only been to Seaside Heights before though, not inbetween. Is Asbury Park the only commercial boardwalk between Staten Island, and Seaside Heights? I drove down to about Seagirt along the coast, and nothing. What about north of Asbury Park like Atlantic Highlands?

One would think more towns closer to NYC will want to attract tourists from NYC, far north NJ, and even Rockland/Westchester counties. Driving down to Seaside Heights is almost like going to Philly.

Rank by activities, shops, restaurants, etc etc.
Not all tourists want the commercial boardwalk, and not all towns want to bring in massive crowds of people. The towns without them seem to be doing just fine. Long Branch has two distinct business districts, one being Pier Village and another being a more traditional downtown further south, located a block off of the boardwalk/beach.

Old 12-26-2021, 01:38 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,580,637 times
Overall the biggest commercial one I can think of is Wildwood NJ, rides attractions, walks, etc all else.

Old 12-26-2021, 03:39 PM

668 posts, read 470,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Overall the biggest commercial one I can think of is Wildwood NJ, rides attractions, walks, etc all else.

Yeah, but going to seaside was far for OP , Compared it to going to Philly. Wildwood is way further...

Old 12-26-2021, 06:15 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
Yeah, but going to seaside was far for OP , Compared it to going to Philly. Wildwood is way further...
If Seaside Heights is the furthest willing to travel, then it’s Asbury Park first, Point Pleasant second, and Seaside Heights third. And I would choose Long Branch before I would choose Seaside Heights, even though the businesses are technically right off of the boardwalk rather than on it.

Old 12-26-2021, 06:37 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
I’m no expert on the jersey shore but I found there was alot going on at Jenkinson’s Boardwalk in Point Pleasant.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:16 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Not all tourists want the commercial boardwalk, and not all towns want to bring in massive crowds of people. The towns without them seem to be doing just fine. Long Branch has two distinct business districts, one being Pier Village and another being a more traditional downtown further south, located a block off of the boardwalk/beach.
Yeah, let's not turn Long Branch into Seaside Heights, please.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I’m no expert on the jersey shore but I found there was alot going on at Jenkinson’s Boardwalk in Point Pleasant.
Yes, there is. If you have kids or like a lot of noise and activity on the Boardwalk, Seaside and Point Pleasant are the places to go.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:46 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
That's why my parents rented on LBI.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
That's why my parents rented on LBI.
It's why I go to West End beach in Long Branch. Mostly locals. Not a destination for people with kids. I mean, there are families with kids there who enjoy the beach, and I don't mind kids, but if people need to constantly entertain the little buggers with rides and games, they go elsewhere. It's pretty peaceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey