Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 06:50 AM

432 posts, read 306,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
To be fair, you cared enough to answer and you didn’t even have the answer. Plenty of people here give feedback on towns they don’t live in so I don’t think it was such a crazy question. We get similar questions all the time here: How would I fit in as a gay/black/single/liberal/left-handed person in X town? Nobody ever wants to be the minority. No biggie
When I posted that, the original post was just a "." I didn't realize he/she deleted something and thought their entire post was just the thread title question with no clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 07:59 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,600,312 times
Don't do it, they'll mug you and steal your car. Be very, very careful.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:40 AM

88,300 posts, read 84,311,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
When I posted that, the original post was just a "." I didn't realize he/she deleted something and thought their entire post was just the thread title question with no clarification.
That's what I thought.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:57 AM

50,489 posts, read 36,145,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
wow, with all of the conservatives supposedly living in NJ, you would think the political landscape would reflect it
NJ elected Chris Christie, twice. This idea that NJ always votes blue is simply not true, as evidenced by prior governors including Christie, Christie Todd Whitman etc. The conservatives simply didn’t put up a good candidate this year.

Old 01-28-2022, 02:04 PM

7,251 posts, read 3,446,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
NJ elected Chris Christie, twice. This idea that NJ always votes blue is simply not true, as evidenced by prior governors including Christie, Christie Todd Whitman etc. The conservatives simply didn’t put up a good candidate this year.
yea yes, the Christie(s) are always the anecdote for any refuting NJ is quite left leaning. just take a look at the legislature, the judicial system, many many democrat run commissions that make living in NJ not bureaucratic at all

besides, a republican from NJ is a Southern Democrat

Old 01-28-2022, 02:21 PM

5,061 posts, read 3,681,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
yea yes, the Christie(s) are always the anecdote for any refuting NJ is quite left leaning. just take a look at the legislature, the judicial system, many many democrat run commissions that make living in NJ not bureaucratic at all

besides, a republican from NJ is a Southern Democrat

Old 01-31-2022, 01:19 PM

116 posts, read 234,090 times
I live in heavily liberal West Orange and I am more Center Right. Most part everyone in this town is very friendly you can spot the left winger crazy ones as they always post on Facebook town pages. I got a guy who has Bernie bumper stickers and he's lived in this town for decades. Nicest guy on the block and we always chat whenever we see each other and He is very nice to family and we are nice to his. Then again, I dont start my conversations with "can you believe whats going on in the Ukraine?" I start small, "hey buddy did you catch the playoffs yesterday?" "how about the weather?" etc.. This isn't Yugoslavia, you can have a different viewpoint and still live peacefully.

Old 01-31-2022, 03:41 PM

452 posts, read 350,227 times
I dont think anyone cares about anyone's politics in any NJ towns.

The only people who are partisan activist types, but even they won't bother you.

Old 01-31-2022, 03:43 PM

452 posts, read 350,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchFrost View Post
I live in heavily liberal West Orange and I am more Center Right. Most part everyone in this town is very friendly you can spot the left winger crazy ones as they always post on Facebook town pages. I got a guy who has Bernie bumper stickers and he's lived in this town for decades. Nicest guy on the block and we always chat whenever we see each other and He is very nice to family and we are nice to his. Then again, I dont start my conversations with "can you believe whats going on in the Ukraine?" I start small, "hey buddy did you catch the playoffs yesterday?" "how about the weather?" etc.. This isn't Yugoslavia, you can have a different viewpoint and still live peacefully.
I lived in the redwood area of West Orange as a child, and it still makes me laugh how anyone in that town is a liberal/democrat.

we pay 5% property tax on almost near market value assessment. nearby cities like Newark/Irvington/Maplewood/East Orange are hell on this earth.

Surely a few decades of misery is enough time to wake up, and see the effects of horrible left leaning policies. But I guess not.

West Orange is the Englewood of Essex County. Extreme wealth, and extreme poverty with failing schools all in 1 beautiful town.

Old 01-31-2022, 05:41 PM

50,489 posts, read 36,145,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocytoma View Post
I lived in the redwood area of West Orange as a child, and it still makes me laugh how anyone in that town is a liberal/democrat.

we pay 5% property tax on almost near market value assessment. nearby cities like Newark/Irvington/Maplewood/East Orange are hell on this earth.

Surely a few decades of misery is enough time to wake up, and see the effects of horrible left leaning policies. But I guess not.

West Orange is the Englewood of Essex County. Extreme wealth, and extreme poverty with failing schools all in 1 beautiful town.
That is not the topic by any stretch. You’re going to derail posters thread who had a legit question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey