Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2022, 08:26 AM

7 posts, read 14,788 times

Advertisements

Every place I go , I always manage to see some guy in gym shorts, tee shirt, sandals. It could be supermarket, diner or even a doctor's office. I guess these dudes want to be ready for the shore but beach weather is still several months away. What is the point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 03:13 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,499,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyedify View Post
Every place I go , I always manage to see some guy in gym shorts, tee shirt, sandals. It could be supermarket, diner or even a doctor's office. I guess these dudes want to be ready for the shore but beach weather is still several months away. What is the point?
When I was in college here in NJ, I always saw a guy with shorts and winter clothing for his top. I was friends with someone in college who wore a sweatshirt and shorts during the winter. He told me that the lecture halls and classrooms get hot and he feels better.

My dad wears a t-shirt and shorts when sleeping in bed during the winter (and for summer obviously) because the blanket can make you hot and sweaty.

Old 02-01-2022, 04:13 PM

23 posts, read 22,985 times
some of us grew up in northern european and slavic countries. this is nothing, except the wind, which is what makes the weather feel cold. A few days ago i was in shorts and tshirt going to get groceries - it was very sunny, snow on the ground and no wind - felt perfect, warm

get in shape, exercise, eat healthy, plenty of soups and tea and occasional sauna and improve your blood circulation. you'll feel warm even in winter (unless you work by the shoreline, then you'll need 2 pants and a facemask against frostbite)

Old 02-01-2022, 04:44 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,654,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coss View Post
some of us grew up in northern european and slavic countries. this is nothing, except the wind, which is what makes the weather feel cold. A few days ago i was in shorts and tshirt going to get groceries - it was very sunny, snow on the ground and no wind - felt perfect, warm

get in shape, exercise, eat healthy, plenty of soups and tea and occasional sauna and improve your blood circulation. you'll feel warm even in winter (unless you work by the shoreline, then you'll need 2 pants and a facemask against frostbite)

Or just wear a coat.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:06 PM

10,512 posts, read 7,046,766 times
If youre going to be outside for a few moments whats the loint of being bundled up?

Old 02-04-2022, 03:40 AM

7,421 posts, read 3,564,025 times
this has always been popular with teenage boys. i don’t get it.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:43 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,637,073 times
And then there are the dopes in fla. that wear coats, gloves and put sweaters on dogs when the temps hit the 40s for a few hours. Kooks

Old 02-09-2022, 07:55 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,692,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyedify View Post
So what? I go out and see women still in PJ's everywhere , I dislike it but it really is non of my business.

Old 02-09-2022, 02:18 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,654,624 times
This is a pretty funny topic to make a thread for. I see this a lot too. Usually young white dudes. I’ll sometimes go out in shorts and slides with a coat on just to throw out the garbage or a quick run to CVS, but that’s just a laziness/convenience thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey