Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 05:09 PM

7,325 posts, read 3,513,097 times

Advertisements

countless lives will be lost if there is no in school mask mandate. kids will pass it on to their grandparents. anyone who is in favor of maskless children obviously has never lost a loved one to covid. schools will have to shut down die to numbers spiking and, finally: how many deaths are acceptable???

that about covers all the arguments for masks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 07:44 PM

74 posts, read 118,167 times
Masks are temporary (as we can see), death is permanent. It was correct to mandate masks when the state did and for as long as it did, and it is also now correct to relax the mandate.

I look forward to getting back to normal and not having to deal with unnecessarily angry people anymore, I guess until it's time to go back to manufacturing some critical race theory outrage.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:45 PM

318 posts, read 450,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
countless lives will be lost if there is no in school mask mandate. kids will pass it on to their grandparents. anyone who is in favor of maskless children obviously has never lost a loved one to covid. schools will have to shut down die to numbers spiking and, finally: how many deaths are acceptable???

You forgot "it's a small ask." "i'm wearing this mask for you, can't you do the same?" The tide has turned against it all. Two years of bull crap finally the sheeple are starting to wake up. I do encourage people to stick firm to this date. Send your kids to school with no mask come March 7 come hell or highwater. It's time to stop the nonsense.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:46 PM

318 posts, read 450,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdog5 View Post
Masks are temporary (as we can see), death is permanent. It was correct to mandate masks when the state did and for as long as it did, and it is also now correct to relax the mandate.

I look forward to getting back to normal and not having to deal with unnecessarily angry people anymore.
Masks and lockdowns don't work. Did you miss that study from John Hopkins? What about all the pandemic related deaths from suicide, alcohol/substance abuse, the missed years of our life?

Old 02-08-2022, 08:14 PM

5,065 posts, read 2,273,592 times
Great news. Had our Board of Ed meeting tonight, and Berkeley Heights is mask optional!

Old 02-08-2022, 09:29 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkvelvet87 View Post
Awesome for the no masks in New Jersey. Kids wearing masks is child abuse. Kids need to see facial expressions, to learn, and to NOT live in fear.
It probably stopped a lot of nose picking in elementary schools.

Old 02-09-2022, 01:58 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,628,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It probably stopped a lot of nose picking in elementary schools.

I believe in a child’s right to pick their nose.

Old 02-09-2022, 05:40 AM

74 posts, read 118,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2jm3jm4jm5 View Post
Masks and lockdowns don't work. Did you miss that study from John Hopkins? What about all the pandemic related deaths from suicide, alcohol/substance abuse, the missed years of our life?
Yes I read fox news also (makes it much easier to have these conversations and anticipate what people are going to say). The study that also said that closing non-essential businesses reduced death by 10%, so some stuff worked. The headline avoided that for some reason. Also no mention of the fact that the study has not been peer reviewed, and Johns Hopkins as a university is distancing itsself from it. As of now, the 'study' is nothing more than the opinion of 2 libertarians' that happen to work at JHU

Regardless, hindsight is always 20-20, and while it is easy to say 'I told you so' that doesn't mean a decision was bad based on the information you knew at the time. At the end of the day your view depends on what downside you are more afraid of and what you think is the most important to protect.

Many people believed that avoiding what was very much looking like a widespread loss of life was more important than the temporary inconvenience of wearing a mask, eating out less and the potential unknown of taking a vaccine.

Others felt the downside of shutting down the economy was more scary. Some have this view of 'freedom or death'. some felt that a vaccine was more likely to kill them than the disease itsself.

Problem is, when dealing with a communicable disease, and without much information about how the disease works, everyone has to go in the shutdown direction to mitigate the downside of increased death. So when our leaders prioritize life over the economy, mandates were necessary.

Last edited by mdog5; 02-09-2022 at 06:04 AM..

Old 02-09-2022, 06:03 AM

10,407 posts, read 6,946,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post

Science and data has proven that cloth masks do not stop the spread. We can assume based on the data that masks have not stopped any spread in the schools.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:09 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,628,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Science and data has proven that cloth masks do not stop the spread. We can assume based on the data that masks have not stopped any spread in the schools.
If we were on train during rush hour that was packed full like a can of sardines and I was standing next to you and had to sneeze, would you prefer it if I sneezed on you with or without a cloth mask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey