Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,669,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I know which is why I'm stunned by your stance on illegals..it's most definitely the veiw point of the most liberals of the liberals...
Having a worker-base that is illegal creates situations where companies take advantage of the situation, pay for labor under the table, and remove valuable tax revenue. Money is wasted on finding people who are illegally here for nothing other than work. I would much rather allow people to work, be able to check up on them through employers, and instead focus that money elsewhere - such as managing the gun and drug-running problems which have created the horrible areas near the border. Its those "businesses" that have destroyed the areas.

Their tax dollars can be used to improve our bottom line, by supporting the systems we have in place while not reaping the full benefits. You effectively generate two classes; citizens paying taxes, non-citizens paying taxes. It serves only to our benefit, not our detriment.

Aside from this, the biggest reason why cities like Newark have declared themselves amnesty cities (aside from my feelings on this) is because of the crimes which go unsolved because many of those involved will not go to or speak to police, due to fear of deportation.

If they want to shove themselves in a tiny apartment, and break their backs working as generic laborers, thats their decision, and their problem. With a level playing field (as in companies having to now report the monies paid to employees, because a few thousand companies is easier to hunt down and penalize than a few million illegal immigrants, which gains us nothing but them leaving only to slip through again when we do catch them), you may also see a rise in low-level employment of American citizens, because minimum wage requirements would have to be met.

To me, its not about providing "equal rights" or any such crap. Its about a workable solution to a problem which directly benefits US citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I think the reason most liberals support illegal immigration is they view that after these folks become naturalized, they become like-minded voters.
I never thought of it that way...I will now : ) Thanks for the heads up : ) Serious question for all of you... how many of you have lost jobs or were refused a job because they hired an illegal immigrant instead? I have a feeling the answer will be "0"! There's a huge farm near me...anyone need a job? I'll do what I can to see if I can get the farmer to fire the illegals and hire legals or Americans...anyone? anyone?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:27 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I never thought of it that way...I will now : ) Thanks for the heads up : ) Serious question for all of you... how many of you have lost jobs or were refused a job because they hired an illegal immigrant instead? I have a feeling the answer will be "0"! There's a huge farm near me...anyone need a job? I'll do what I can to see if I can get the farmer to fire the illegals and hire legals or Americans...anyone? anyone?
Not I but I tell you..my company was bought out
the new company on the floor uses all temps
They van them in from Union City..none of them speak a lick of English and I would say more then likely at least 50% are illegal
They are rude and down right disgusting....we now have a full time guy just going around cleaning up the parking lot as they drop their freakin empty coffee cups, lunch wrappers where they stand even though there are 2 trash barrels at every entrance.

I will not use the ladies room on the floor anymore if down there..I hate to tell you what they just leave laying around.

I pray for the day i pull in the parking lot and ICE is here and carts them all away....hope this company gets a huge fine...they think because they are temps from some rinky dink temp agency in Union City they are off the hook

Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Not I but I tell you..my company was bought out
the new company on the floor uses all temps
They van them in from Union City..none of them speak a lick of English and I would say more then likely at least 50% are illegal
They are rude and down right disgusting....we now have a full time guy just going around cleaning up the parking lot as they drop their freakin empty coffee cups, lunch wrappers where they stand even though there are 2 trash barrels at every entrance.

I will not use the ladies room on the floor anymore if down there..I hate to tell you what they just leave laying around.

I pray for the day i pull in the parking lot and ICE is here and carts them all away....hope this company gets a huge fine...they think because they are temps from some rinky dink temp agency in Union City they are off the hook
You "assume" they are illegals because of the color of their skin...now the truth is coming out : ) I was thinking about this last night... I've seen more asian - middle eastern Asians around than Latinos...why aren't we targeting them to see if they are here legally?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
You "assume" they are illegals because of the color of their skin...now the truth is coming out : ) I was thinking about this last night... I've seen more asian - middle eastern Asians around than Latinos...why aren't we targeting them to see if they are here legally?

No I DO NOT assume....one of the floor supervisors who is Puerto Rican and can speak Spanish hears them all day chatting away in Spanish...so yes a good percentage of them are illegal

Old 05-22-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:

Middle Eastern Asians????? There are illegal Asians here but not to the tune of the illegals from Central America. Most illegals of Asian decent also do not put a strain on the community for free health care..food stamps and having all government docs printed in I don't know how many different Asian languages.

Most Asians. Indians, Pakistanians are here on HB1 work visas in the techy field

Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Middle Eastern Asians????? There are illegal Asians here but not to the tune of the illegals from Central America. Most illegals of Asian decent also do not put a strain on the community for free health care..food stamps and having all government docs printed in I don't know how many different Asian languages.

Most Asians. Indians, Pakistanians are here on HB1 work visas in the techy field
Oh I see..like the ones who work at the gas station down the road from me? Do they have an HB visa for pumping gas? That gas station use to employ americans up and until a month or so ago? Sorry..my mistake : )

Old 05-22-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Oh I see..like the ones who work at the gas station down the road from me? Do they have an HB visa for pumping gas? That gas station use to employ americans up and until a month or so ago? Sorry..my mistake : )
There Asian??? More then likely Afghani's, Russians or Paki's and NO if not legal they don't belong here either.

Let's get one thing straight ok...I don't care if you are from the dam moon if you sneak in here with out the proper paper work and are an illegal you need to be deported...case closed

The reason the hispanics are the target of many of these conversations is they as a whole far far outnumber any other illegal from other parts of the world...

Old 05-22-2008, 09:20 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
My husband works for a company-fortune 500 company and they got rid of all the cleaners and brought in a contractor who uses illegals. How do I know they are illegal? Let's see they don't speak English, the contractor has been in the newspaper for multiple offenses for hiring illegals and practically every few weeks there are new cleaners because of "document" issues with some of them.

BTW-the cleaners that used to work there were NH born and bred people and did a good job. The new cleaners do a crappy job, 2 were fired for stealing tp and other paper products. They gawk at the women etc they are loud and rude. If an American were like that they would lose their job. Yes illegals do steal AMERICAN jobs that AMERICANS are willing to do. Americans picked food and cleaned offices and houses long before these lawbreakers came here.

These illegals break the law and greedy companies hire them. I am about the biggest Capitalist going but having illegals come from out side of the country working a job ILLEGALLY to supress AMERICAN wages and steal their jobs is not Capitalism. It is this globalist crap that we are all being spoonfed that if we don't let illegals pick lettuce it will be $100 a head. Bull crap.

They do not keep prices low-they just provide a larger profit margin for greedy companies that don't want to try to make it in a real Capitalistic and competitive society.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
There Asian??? More then likely Afghani's, Russians or Paki's and NO if not legal they don't belong here either.

Let's get one thing straight ok...I don't care if you are from the dam moon if you sneak in here with out the proper paper work and are an illegal you need to be deported...case closed

The reason the hispanics are the target of many of these conversations is they as a whole far far outnumber any other illegal from other parts of the world...
I'm surprised at you... Paki? Is that politically correct? And correct me if I'm wrong but last I check, people from "paki" are Asian... "Afghani's" as well. By the way Kate...try not to take it personally...I'm just playing devil's advocate ; )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey