Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what grade level should NJ schools teach about Gender ID and Sexual Orientation?
Before 5th grade 8 7.02%
5th 7 6.14%
6th 9 7.89%
7th 5 4.39%
8th 4 3.51%
9th and above 12 10.53%
Never 69 60.53%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 11:08 AM

10,477 posts, read 6,991,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Guarantee you the posters in this forum are more likely to collect Social Security than to have ever met a trans person.
I'm a millennial and i'd put a guess the average age of these forums are about 40. I can count on two hands how many pedophiles and groomers I've come acquainted with through my life. I personally don't know any tranny's or have any in any of my networks (work, personal, social media).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 12:14 PM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I'm a millennial and i'd put a guess the average age of these forums are about 40. I can count on two hands how many pedophiles and groomers I've come acquainted with through my life. I personally don't know any tranny's or have any in any of my networks (work, personal, social media).
I am 43, know plenty of gay folks. sure, lots of girls my teenage daughter knows consider themselves some sort of alternative identity. there are so many to choose from, and in typical teenage girl fashion change their minds because they are children. it doesn’t mean they are trans..which is probably why i have never met an actual trans person because they are such a small percentage of the population.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:02 PM

50,772 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I learned recently that kids as young as 9 will be taught these topics. NJ now requires that this be taught by 5th grade:

https://www.nj.gov/education/cccs/20...NJSLS-CHPE.pdf

Personally, I DO think it should be addressed, but not until at least 9th grade when kids can understand it and understand puberty. Curious to see how others feel.
I don’t see anything in there where they are “teaching” about gender identity. I only see broad phrases such as a teaching goal of “ All individuals should feel welcome and included regardless of their gender, gender expression, or sexual orientation”. I wouldn’t call that teaching about sexual orientation. Did I miss something in there? To me that just seems like an anti-bullying type agenda.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:03 PM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Just curious, what do you do that you've come across so many pedophiles and groomers? Is this through your profession?

We usually don't know that people are pedophiles because they keep it hidden, so these have to be people you know ARE, not just those of whom you are suspicious.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:05 PM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don’t see anything in there where they are “teaching” about gender identity. I only see broad phrases such as a teaching goal of “ All individuals should feel welcome and included regardless of their gender, gender expression, or sexual orientation”. I wouldn’t call that teaching about sexual orientation. Did I miss something in there? To me that just seems like an anti-bullying type agenda.
You would have to explain what those things are in order to tell students to make others like them feel included.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:05 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Just curious, what do you do that you've come across so many pedophiles and groomers? Is this through your profession?

We usually don't know that people are pedophiles because they keep it hidden, so these have to be people you know ARE, not just those of whom you are suspicious.
I guess that he socializes in groups vastly different from those that most of us are members of.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:

I’m 60, and my knowledge of pedophiles comes from encountering them while growing up. Enough that it amazes me that any girl could grow up without encountering them at some point. Back then though it wasn’t talked about. I told my mother in vague terms about our neighbor across the street (he used to have his penis out when he saw me, and once when I went there to visit one of his kids and no one was there except him, he had it out and I told him (I was 7 or 8 and thought he didn’t know) he said “why don’t you show me yours too”, locked the door when I tried to leave and started pulling down my pants, but snapped out of it luckily when I started screaming that I was telling my mom) she just told me not to go over there any more and that was it. He later went to jail years later for years of abusing his step daughters, but he played guitar in church and was very involved in church, and everyone thought the girls were lying. I knew they weren’t.

But there were several others that made inappropriate advances from my childhood through teen years.

I’d have been better prepared if we had learned at least something about sex, inappropriate touching etc, but back then they didn’t do that, and my mom taught me about sex by handing me a special volume of World Book encyclopedia on it.
I’m not really clear on what pedophiles have to do with the topic though.,

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 04-08-2022 at 03:18 PM..

Old 04-08-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
You would have to explain what those things are in order to tell students to make others like them feel included.
That’s not the same thing IMO. I don’t think they are going into detail or anything. And that’s a goal for the end of 5th grade, most if not all are probably aware anyway from TV and social media.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:56 PM

368 posts, read 213,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
One of the reasons why trans people commit suicide at such high rates is because people like you defame and vilify them with no remorse. Oh, trans people are depressed to live in a society where they can't feel safe and people accuse them of being pedophiles? Funny that.
Is that really true though? Schizophrenics have a 5x higher suicide rate than non-schizo, and no one is mean to them. Being mentally ill is confusing, painful, and isolating. I'm fairly certain that the suicide rate for trans-identifying people who surgically alter themselves is much higher than for those who remain biologically intact.

No one cared one way or the other about surgical and non-surgical transvestites prior to the recent push to normalize and mainstream it. You encountered them, people knew they were the other gender, and no one defamed or vilified them. Sure it was odd to see a man dressed as a woman or vice versa, but they just went on their way.

The only time they got into trouble, which was the basis for the supposed epidemic of murders, was when they lied about their gender to some gangbanger (usually as a prostitute) had sex with him / gave BJ and then got offed for it (play stupid games win stupid prizes). IMO it should be considered rape for a trans person male or female not to disclose their actual gender. If that were the case the violence would plummet since it appears that 95% or more of murdered trans people were prostitutes lying about gender.

I feel bad that trans people are confused about their gender, but what are we supposed to do other than make mental health services available and encourage treatment? I am always kind and respectful to trans people as much as I am to anyone else out there, but I won't adopt their fantasies into my reality, let alone have that done to malleable children.

Last edited by pclem; 04-08-2022 at 08:10 PM..

Old 04-08-2022, 11:48 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
As already pointed out, the kids aren't going to know what those things are. The school has to teach them about those things before they can teach them how to accept those things. It's inevitable.
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey