Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:56 AM

9 posts, read 39,694 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are currently looking for a home. We currently live in an apartment in Bergen County (Teaneck) with our 8 year old son, and are considering a move to South Jersey. We are looking to stay within the 275k-300k range. I am surprised at the prices in Willingboro and Sicklerville, and am wondering if there is something else going on in these towns, contributing to the low home prices. Are there other towns down there that we should consider? Top priorities for me are a decent school system and a diverse environment. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 09:06 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvvrain View Post
My husband and I are currently looking for a home. We currently live in an apartment in Bergen County (Teaneck) with our 8 year old son, and are considering a move to South Jersey. We are looking to stay within the 275k-300k range. I am surprised at the prices in Willingboro and Sicklerville, and am wondering if there is something else going on in these towns, contributing to the low home prices. Are there other towns down there that we should consider? Top priorities for me are a decent school system and a diverse environment. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Do NOT consider Willingboro. Its crime rate is high, and school system one of the worst in the state. I can't comment on Sicklerville. But please stay away from "the 'boro".

Old 05-04-2008, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the info! Do you know anything about Mount Laurel?

Old 05-04-2008, 09:31 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,318 times
I totally agree with the previous poster - stay away from Willingboro!! I don't know much about Sicklerville.

Mount Laurel has some very nice areas. Also check out Delran, especially the neighborhood known as "Olde Tenby", part of the Tenby Chase development. Great neighborhood, good schools, and you should be able to find something around your price range. We bought here 8 years ago and are very happy here.

Moorestown is a wonderful town, but a bit pricier. Best schools in the area.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:08 AM

718 posts, read 2,325,345 times
These are the kind of towns that are cheap and only going to get worse as time goes on due to increasing gang violence in the suburbs

Old 05-04-2008, 12:10 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,203 times
You might consider a townhouse in Mount Laurel at that price range. There are 'reasonable' parts of Willingboro but I wouldn't consider it. Sicklerville is a tough location, far commute to Philly, terrible traffic, schools aren't great, housing stock isn't great.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:59 PM

thanks for the info! Boy, am I glad I found this forum (LOL).

Old 05-04-2008, 02:19 PM

691 posts, read 3,060,980 times
I live in Mount Laurel. It is pretty diverse and the schools are good. Its convenient to everything and very safe as well.

I'd also look into Cherry Hill with your price range.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:58 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,789 times
Dont know anything about Sickerville.. But Willingboro is nice in my opinion. There isnt much to do really, no real downtown or anything but a very nice place. I hear the schools arent great but I wouldnt know personally.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:58 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,630,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvvrain View Post
sicklerville might be far unless u work near by, but its a nice area near everything u could want. willingboro is nowhere to live, especially if ure white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey