Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 12:30 PM

968 posts, read 1,139,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Actually that's not true. Lawrenceville is 20 minutes north on Rt 206. Do you live here? Because I do. Right on Rt 1 that DOES border Lawrence and Trenton.
No I don't but I'm in the area frequently enough. The car dealerships on Business 1 south of Franklin Corner/Baker Basin Rd says Lawrenceville not Lawrence, and Halo Farm considers itself in Lawrenceville. I buy my milk from them. They all use the "ville". Never heard anyone call it just Lawrence. Do you ever address an envelope just Lawrence when mailing something there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 12:35 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
No I don't but I'm in the area frequently enough. The car dealerships on Business 1 south of Franklin Corner/Baker Basin Rd says Lawrenceville not Lawrence, and Halo Farm considers itself in Lawrenceville. I buy my milk from them. They all use the "ville". Never heard anyone call it just Lawrence. Do you ever address an envelope just Lawrence when mailing something there?
That's all I use. And regardless of what you state above, the people who live here know the difference between Lawrenceville and Lawrence/Lawrence Township.

Old 05-21-2022, 12:59 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times
Quote:
Totally agree, but Trenton has a bad rep for a reason and it really doesn't represent a "metro" area at all, not like Philly, for instance, which I would consider to be a metro area and includes a mix of great and not so great (Camden) places to live.
It’s defined as its own metro by the Census bureau, and that’s what they are using here. The Metropolitan Statistical Area. It’s based on commuting patterns.

Trenton as its own metro does kind of make sense. It’s so evenly tied to both Philly and NYC yet not that very close to either at the same time. But at the higher level Combined Statistical Area, it is part of the NYC CSA even though it is physically closer to Philly and gets Philly media.

Old 05-21-2022, 01:17 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
It’s defined as its own metro by the Census bureau, and that’s what they are using here. The Metropolitan Statistical Area. It’s based on commuting patterns.

Trenton as its own metro does kind of make sense. It’s so evenly tied to both Philly and NYC yet not that very close to either at the same time. But at the higher level Combined Statistical Area, it is part of the NYC CSA even though it is physically closer to Philly and gets Philly media.
Meh. It’s still totally misleading for the average person looking for a place to retire. They’re not going to buy or rent in Trenton if they have more than two nickels to rub together.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:41 AM

1,290 posts, read 1,341,664 times
Quote:
That's all I use. And regardless of what you state above, the people who live here know the difference between Lawrenceville and Lawrence/Lawrence Township.
Hmm, I live in Hamilton and i never realized there was a difference between Lawrenceville and Lawrence. Always used them interchangeably.

Old 05-22-2022, 04:22 PM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
It must be the metro. Honestly, many areas near Trenton are very desirable, including Yardley and Newtown on the other side of the river. I wonder if those areas are counted towards Trenton or Philadelphia.

Old 05-22-2022, 04:42 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,341,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
It must be the metro. Honestly, many areas near Trenton are very desirable, including Yardley and Newtown on the other side of the river. I wonder if those areas are counted towards Trenton or Philadelphia.
I always thought they were Philadelphia metro.. they are beautiful areas...

Old 05-22-2022, 08:39 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
I always thought they were Philadelphia metro.. they are beautiful areas...
Bucks County, PA would be part of Philadelphia Metro.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:33 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Princeton, and Windsor are in the Trenton Metro. Those are nice little areas. Not too far from either NYC or Philly, and the mountains and rivers.

Old 05-23-2022, 03:00 PM

968 posts, read 1,139,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
Hmm, I live in Hamilton and i never realized there was a difference between Lawrenceville and Lawrence. Always used them interchangeably.
There you go, ONE town over doesn't even see a difference. Quaker Bridge Mall, Rider Univerisity, Halo Farm all use the "ville" in their location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey