Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 07:19 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,216,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Dude, if you're paying $25,000 in property taxes, you don't have anything to complain about. Sell your mansion and downsize if it's too expensive.
You sure you live in NJ? Because $25,000 ain't mansion-level taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 04:43 PM

146 posts, read 123,489 times
Colorado has the Taxpayer Bill of Rights. The state will be issuing sizeable refund checks this year as they have to return extra amounts collected.

Old 07-18-2022, 12:08 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,843,310 times
If they reinstate masks, I'm moving out (again.) I just may before they do so.

I'm back, for now........

Old 07-18-2022, 12:19 PM

445 posts, read 321,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
If they reinstate masks, I'm moving out (again.) I just may before they do so.

I'm back, for now........
Out of curiosity, where did you move to and from? And would the next move be to another new place? If it's too personal, feel free to disregard. Just interested to see people's thought patterns over the last few years and looking ahead.

Old 07-18-2022, 12:54 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,843,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
Out of curiosity, where did you move to and from? And would the next move be to another new place? If it's too personal, feel free to disregard. Just interested to see people's thought patterns over the last few years and looking ahead.
I decided to follow my inner voice telling me that I was not happy living here and central New Jersey call it The Point Pleasant area that I just wasn't enjoying the work that I was Finding and I just felt very bored and underwhelmed and understimulated and basically feeling like I was going nowhere this was at the end of 2021 we were only at the very beginning of coming out of the pandemic then.

So I moved at least 4 states away, to a "Red" state, and Leafly I found a room that was only $400 a month and I got a job working full-time at a major auto manufacturer and they were offering incentives and overtime and just basically throwing it money at people to get them to work there and that was all well and good until about March or April when in my opinion the car company started playing games and giving people very long layoffs and essentially turning a good full-time job into maybe part-time at best and I didn't really see a way to continue my living out there. Some familiar with my previous post might be able to figure out where I went but I'm also trying to guard my personal information just a little bit while giving out General Clues and also throwing off people that might want to troll follow and stalk me because there's always a few of them around, so take any information you get with a grain of salt if you get what I'm saying. But yeah we're talking at least four states away to a red State and life was pretty good and honestly I still have the room out there I just a little bit of money on it.

So now of course I have a choice to make I'm working full-time out here in the area yes the Point Pleasant New Jersey area and I have the option of maybe seeking out a second job which would be very taxing on me I mean I'm 40 years old so things are not as easy as it used to be but I feel like if I dig deep I can do anything still and I need to make a choice if I want to work two jobs out here or the staff agencies out where I was at they want me back as well the only problem is they probably want to put me back at the car plant and I found that work very very difficult like it was almost impossible to do because he's car companies they treat you like you're a robot or a computer they don't seem to recognize that you are a human being. Sort of working at Amazon just you know hotter and more fast pace.

IF THEY BRING MASKS BACK, WHICH THEY WILL, I will Almost 100% certainly leave New Jersey again and take my chances where I was at walk the same time seeing if I can somehow move to Florida where they don't worry about that stuff.

This message brought to you by auto-text I'm walking back and forth in my kitchen talking into my phone which is then going to make the post because I'm trying to get my thoughts out as fluidly as possible.

New Jersey is a scam, I just live here because it's free but eventually I won't have my free card I mean that's just tied to people you live with and death and things like that.

Old 07-20-2022, 12:05 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,773 times
I would prefer to see the state save half of the surplus in rainy day funds. So that they don't have to borrow to cover their operating expenses again. The other half I would invest in infrastructure projects. For example, in urgently needed Gateway tunnel. Governor Murphy agreed with Governor of NY to pay half of the local share for the tunnel. If they don't use the surplus, they will have to borrow again...

Old 07-22-2022, 10:59 AM

962 posts, read 541,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
You sure you live in NJ? Because $25,000 ain't mansion-level taxes.
Yes, those are mansion-level taxes. I'm scrolling around Franklin Lakes Zillow right now, and you can get a mansion for under $1.5 mill and not even pay $20,000 per year in taxes. And that's a county with "low" tax rates, comparatively. I see a house in Wayne (higher tax rate) with $28,000 in taxes selling for $1.7 mill.

Do you really think someone who can afford $25,000 in taxes on a home worth $1.5 mil ISN'T extremely wealthy? Don't poll your fellow country club members for opinions on the matter.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:53 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Yes, those are mansion-level taxes. I'm scrolling around Franklin Lakes Zillow right now, and you can get a mansion for under $1.5 mill and not even pay $20,000 per year in taxes. And that's a county with "low" tax rates, comparatively. I see a house in Wayne (higher tax rate) with $28,000 in taxes selling for $1.7 mill.

Do you really think someone who can afford $25,000 in taxes on a home worth $1.5 mil ISN'T extremely wealthy? Don't poll your fellow country club members for opinions on the matter.
I wouldn't say EXTREMELY wealthy, no. A family income of a few hundred thousand would be able to afford that.

Wealthier than ME? Yes, for sure.

Old 07-24-2022, 07:30 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,216,257 times
Quote:
Yes, those are mansion-level taxes. I'm scrolling around Franklin Lakes Zillow right now, and you can get a mansion for under $1.5 mill and not even pay $20,000 per year in taxes.
Looks like they've got pretty low taxes for NJ, especially northern NJ. $25,000 in taxes in West Orange gets you this beauty, which is definitely more Mc than Mansion.

Quote:
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey