Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 10:34 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
It was a state wide government shutdown, you should blame the state legislature (of 2017) for the state parks & beaches closing. The governor of NJ has a residence on IBSP - he had every right to use it. Was it good PR? Probably not. But there are perks to being governor.
The thing is, there should be more to a governor than having special perks or basing one's actions on good or bad PR. There's something called character. When the people you govern have been told they can't go to the beach, you shouldn't either, just because that would be the right thing to do.

Old 06-09-2022, 10:44 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,182,525 times
It's the sugar and carbs. So even though the person with the band or sleeve cuts down on the amount of feed intake it will not do much good if what they do eat is candy, cookies, ice cream, all the sugary treats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 11:14 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The thing is, there should be more to a governor than having special perks or basing one's actions on good or bad PR. There's something called character. When the people you govern have been told they can't go to the beach, you shouldn't either, just because that would be the right thing to do.
Every beach in NJ was closed that holiday in 2017?

Old 06-10-2022, 05:27 AM

Quote:
State beaches.

Old 06-10-2022, 10:02 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
No, only state parks. But the people who planned their vacations over July 4th weekend did so many months in advance. I can guarantee you can't just decide last minute to spend July 4th week at a different beach. It would also cost many, many times more as IBSP allows camping, which is what those people planned for their vacations.

It was to me just a slap in the face to residents to say just a few days ahead of time "Your vacation here has been scrapped, but I'm still going to use it for my own family's vacation, because I'm the governor and I can".

Old 06-10-2022, 01:31 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Unless a person has an actual medically-diagnosed metabolic disorder, weight gain and weight loss are both directly related to the number of calories that a person consumes vs the number of calories that a person "burns" though his/her physical activity.

For those with short memories, one of CC's most flagrant foibles was his decision to use a NJ State Police helicopter in order to attend his son's baseball game. Then, a state-owned car was waiting to drive him the remaining 100 yards to the bleachers. If he was unable--or, more likely, unwilling--to walk 100 yards, that tells you everything you need to know about the usual level of his physical activities.

https://www.nj.com/news/2011/05/gov_...at_sons_h.html

Old 06-10-2022, 05:40 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
How is CC a slob????

What is a douchebag?

Douchebag has been explained nicely by OCNJGirl. Slob is a person that knows he's obese and keeps sticking a fork in his mouth. I voted for him, but he sure is a arrogant douchebag at times and I sure wouldn't vote for him again. And to be fair and spread the love around Murphys dentist should be arrested.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Douchebag has been explained nicely by OCNJGirl. Slob is a person that knows he's obese and keeps sticking a fork in his mouth. I voted for him, but he sure is a arrogant douchebag at times and I sure wouldn't vote for him again. And to be fair and spread the love around Murphys dentist should be arrested.
I’ll have to pay attention to his teeth, I never noticed them!

Personally, I never forgave him for sitting in the Cowboy’s box with Jerry Jones, while they were playing the Eagles and Giants.

Old 06-10-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
It was a state wide government shutdown, you should blame the state legislature (of 2017) for the state parks & beaches closing. The governor of NJ has a residence on IBSP - he had every right to use it. Was it good PR? Probably not. But there are perks to being governor.
I think staying in that house which is owned by the state only adds insult to injury to those taxpayers who pay for that house and had their own vacations there cancelled at the last minute.

Old 06-10-2022, 11:43 PM

I have a picture of some coworkers and me with Christie. I won't show it to you, though.

It was hilarious. On the way to the business event that resulted in the photo, my coworker--who was from Westchester, by the way--was ranting and raving alll the way there about how much he hates Christie.

When it came time for the group picture, who is standing next to his best buddy Chris with the big grin on his face, Christie's arm around his shoulder. We never let him forget it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: