Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:57 AM

101 posts, read 460,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
Hi Everyone!

A few days ago I was telling you about my upcoming Dove chocolate party; well it was last night. Here's the scoop for those interested:
Cool!!!!! The Springfield YMCA is having a Vendor Event on 12/11 in the morning, and I heard that there will be a table with Dove Chocolates, plus free babysitting so moms can shop freely... didn't know how extensive dove chocolate was, I was just thinking of what you get in the grocery store... I'm definitely going to be at that table, thanks for sharing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 09:10 PM

4 posts, read 14,431 times
[SIZE=2]Hi-I am having my Dove Chocolate party in a couple of weeks. We are actually having an Italian dinner with family and friends. Then after dinner my friend is going to set up and start the chocolate party. The dinner is family oriented so after dinner the kids are going to be entertained in the family room with games and a movie while the adult’s attend the chocolate party! I am trying to figure out how to make it flow LOL! I also wanted to play a couple of games or do something to put a twist on it. Any suggestions would be warmly welcomed.
Thanks
[/SIZE]

Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwoman73 View Post
[SIZE=2]Hi-I am having my Dove Chocolate party in a couple of weeks. We are actually having an Italian dinner with family and friends. Then after dinner my friend is going to set up and start the chocolate party. The dinner is family oriented so after dinner the kids are going to be entertained in the family room with games and a movie while the adult’s attend the chocolate party! I am trying to figure out how to make it flow LOL! I also wanted to play a couple of games or do something to put a twist on it. Any suggestions would be warmly welcomed.
Thanks
[/SIZE]

I thought I needed things to do during the party too. My Dove choclatier, Amy Gello, was so awesome explaining, doing the demo and best of all us sampling that it would have been a waste to have games prepared. She asked a few questions and gave out prizes while doing the demo and we sampled. It took a while for her to do the demo too. Honestly, my guests were happy to just eat and chat. I think they were glad not to play the usual party games.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:32 PM

210 posts, read 671,569 times
One question.... why didn't you invite me???

Old 11-18-2008, 06:35 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watamensch View Post
One question.... why didn't you invite me???
You should have or go to one. My neighbors are still talking about that party 6 months later.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:11 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Interesting.
I'm going to bookmark the main site and think about this for spring.
Sounds like a great way to meet my new neighbors.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:49 PM

[SIZE=2]Tandcookies--Thanks--I am going to meet with my Dove choclatier tomorrow and ask her if the presentation is the same I was thinking about pairing a couple of wines with some of the chocolate--mmm . . . wine & chocolate I know that she is making chocolate martinis and a chocolate fountain
That was the part that enticed me to have the party LOL
The party sounds like fun but as for acquiring hostess credits. I would have to have $200-$349 in party sales just to receive $25.00 and one item half price[/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]L[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]That would be the downside—if there is really a down side to lot’s ocf chocolate! He..he!
[/SIZE]

Old 11-19-2008, 09:55 PM

[SIZE=2]Tandcookies, Thanks! I am going to meet with my Dove choclatier tomorrow and ask her if the presentation is the same I was thinking about pairing a couple of wines with some of the chocolate...mmm . . . wine & chocolate I know that she is making chocolate martinis and a chocolate fountain!
That was the part that enticed me to have the party! LOL
The party sounds like fun but as for acquiring hostess credits. I would have to have $200-$349 in party sales just to receive $25.00 and one item half price[/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]L[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]That would be the downside—if there is really a down side to lot’s ocf chocolate! He..he!
[/SIZE]

Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 PM

sorry I am not sure why I am getting all those htmls in my message. I tried to delet them on the editing page but could not get them out!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,034 times
Well,,, I went to a Dove chocolatre party last summer in Billings, MT and the hostess had eaten all of the samples, (only the empty boxes were displayed. she said she and her boyfriend ate them.) she handed out, hard as rock mini chocolate cupcakes that were disgusting and inedible, and a rather old piece of chocolate. I did order a jar of hot fudge for $36.00 and never received it. When I contacted JJ, the hostess she infomed me that she no longer did the Dove parties and did not have my order. She had cashed my check and when I asked for my money back on numerous occasions she ignored me.
Beware.
Lois in MT
[/i]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey