Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 06:25 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Yeah, prices seem to change daily when trying to book online. I am hoping to go last week of June and initially prices were very high. However, I just checked now and Bally's has rooms for $79/night and Showboat $90/night (weekdays). These were showing triple the price just a few days ago for the SAME time period. I find the trick is to wait closer to the date before booking. I never bother with weekends during the summer...too expensive and too crowded.
Hotels like car rental places, airlines and others all use demand pricing models. Rates to some extent are determined by how system reads "demand" within designed parameters.

Last week of June is historically a big money maker for hotels, travel, car rental, etc... due to upcoming July 4th holiday. Thus they charge higher rates at some point during that week before 4th July weekend hits.

Sort of difficult to game this system because you'd have to book something earlier, and thus stay longer which comes out to costing same as paying high rates for just a few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 08:19 AM

1,138 posts, read 856,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Hotels like car rental places, airlines and others all use demand pricing models. Rates to some extent are determined by how system reads "demand" within designed parameters.

Last week of June is historically a big money maker for hotels, travel, car rental, etc... due to upcoming July 4th holiday. Thus they charge higher rates at some point during that week before 4th July weekend hits.

Sort of difficult to game this system because you'd have to book something earlier, and thus stay longer which comes out to costing same as paying high rates for just a few days.
True, but I would just book weekdays and go back home for the holiday weekend. I hate crowds anyway, so its a win win for me. Now this potential strike would just make things worse over the holiday weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey