Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2022, 08:25 AM

3 posts, read 7,791 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are first-time home buyers considering making a purchase in Branchburg, NJ as it seemed a reasonable town to live in terms of both proximity and cost. Our dream house was in the Neshanic station area but well we lost it to a bidding war and now considering another house on the opposite side of 202 (Old York Rd). Is anyone here familiar with the different neighborhoods at Branchburg willing to share some insight about that area? Is it a safe/walk friendly part of town (we noticed no sidewalks)? are there big concerns with the apartment complexes being built just down the road? Anything I should be aware of in general (you don’t know what you don’t know, unfortunately)?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2022, 03:00 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,189,542 times
If you want to get real good feedback, drive around the community or neighborhood, or a nearby community park in the evening or weekends. Talk to the current residents. Most people are happy to share their views and answer questions. I've talked to folks in the neighborhood before I bought my house, and have happily shared feedback with potential buyers visiting open houses on the street when I am outside walking or gardening.

Old 08-01-2022, 03:47 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
BB uses somerville high school.

No sidewalks are a good thing.

Old york rd is on both sides of 202 and in segments on both sides.

BB allows hunting.

Yes, some have issues with apartments consuming open space.

Depends on location, many wells and septics.

Group trying to save land from a development off old your rd.

Low income housing misplaced. Town council takes turns being mayor. Republican dominated. No garbage collection. Deer and fox everywhere, an occasional black bear visits as well. Some areas flood, check flood plain maps. Elimination of the Somerville circle accumulates traffic on 202 in the evening and am rush hour.

If you have choice of hospitals, choose Somerset in Somerville or Morristown vs Hunterdon.

No main st. No town center.

Old 08-02-2022, 03:12 PM

560 posts, read 540,393 times
you can PM me. i have friends who live Old York, it's a busy road and one of main shortcuts for some residents in town.

certain parts of BB have sidewalks; it depends where, my section neighnorhood have sidewalks.

there's a great park called White Oak Park where all the sports (soccer, baseball, and Lax) are played. go there several evenings and talk with people there for feedback.

school district is great; small if you want/like that vs regional sprawling school like Bridgewater or Flemington which is HUGE.

there's also the Branchburg sport complex; indoor multisport complex and a birthday venue.

somerville is the HS where bb schools feed into and go, great walkable downtown that's only 10-15 mins from BB (depending where you live in town)

Old 08-06-2022, 09:15 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
go to FB and join 'Branchburg Neighbors". All the info you might want for the asking.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:05 AM

8 posts, read 4,707 times
Having grown up in Branchburg, I never really thought of it as having neighborhoods, unless you lump in Neschanic Station with Branchburg (since they share the same school system).

As far as safety, it's very safe. The only crime I've ever heard about is people having their cars "broken into" but that's because they left the doors unlocked (no actual breaking into cars though).

Definitely not a walkable town. I suppose if you live in some of those developments near White Oak Park or Old Towne Park you can walk around those areas, but not really anything to walk to (I guess it's good if you have kids then they can walk to a friend's house or the park).

The areas listed in the subject are actually other full fledged towns and not neighborhoods of Branchburg, FYI. Morristown itself is in a whole different county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey