Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 07:30 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I was thinking of that. Donald Norcross’ Office helped me before in dealing with Gloucester county Medicaid for my mom, perhaps they can help here.
Your Congressman's office would be appropriate for help with a problem relating to a federal agency. Since the folks in the state legislature hold sway over state agencies and the salaries of state workers, I think it would be far more appropriate to contact your state representatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 07:53 AM

50,789 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Your Congressman's office would be appropriate for help with a problem relating to a federal agency. Since the folks in the state legislature hold sway over state agencies and the salaries of state workers, I think it would be far more appropriate to contact your state representatives.
Ok thanks

Old 10-20-2022, 04:20 PM

50,789 posts, read 36,486,545 times
So I went to the New Jersey legislature website, found my group of legislatures, and filled out the contact form for the first one. Someone called me back within an hour, and then that person called Trenton and got my pin number, and then called me back about an hour after that and actually filled out the application on the phone for me.

He said the problem was they had my old address, which was an apartment that I moved out of when I bought this house six years ago. I don’t know why they didn’t have my correct address, I’ve been paying property taxes here all this time, my election ballots come here, etc. But in any case, they were very responsive. Thank you for the suggestions everyone.

Old 10-20-2022, 06:56 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I just completed my application online, and it was quite quick. I strongly suggest that people opt for Direct Deposit to a bank account, in view of how slow the US Postal Service has been ever since the summer/autumn of 2020.
Did I ever learn that. When I did my Income Tax I though a check would be faster than waiting for direct deposit. Was I ever wrong I am still waiting. My Income is less than $50K and will be even less in 2025.

Old 11-18-2022, 11:00 AM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Just completed my form today, and a reminder you have about a month left to fill it out. They really made it tough as nails to make sure you get your money back next year, requiring you to go back to your 2019 NJ Tax Returns and finding information (that they should have on hand to begin with).

Just remember the surplus was about ~$3,000 per taxpayer in the state. The Republicans wanted to give it back to all taxpayers immediately, but the Dems only wanted half going back, and put in more loopholes so less people qualify and complete all the forms so that there is even more left over for them in next years budget for them to spend your money.

Old 11-22-2022, 12:14 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Just completed my form today, and a reminder you have about a month left to fill it out. They really made it tough as nails to make sure you get your money back next year, requiring you to go back to your 2019 NJ Tax Returns and finding information (that they should have on hand to begin with).

Just remember the surplus was about ~$3,000 per taxpayer in the state. The Republicans wanted to give it back to all taxpayers immediately, but the Dems only wanted half going back, and put in more loopholes so less people qualify and complete all the forms so that there is even more left over for them in next years budget for them to spend your money.
I just filled mine out, too. Wasn't "tough as nails". Took five minutes.

When I got to the part where they wanted the NJ Gross Income, I clicked on File Explorer, went to my Taxes folder, clicked on 2019, and then opened the tax return and scrolled to find the NJ 1040. Line 29. Copied the number and added it into the appropriate field on the application. If that's "tough as nails", nails aren't all that tough.

Old 11-22-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I just filled mine out, too. Wasn't "tough as nails". Took five minutes.

When I got to the part where they wanted the NJ Gross Income, I clicked on File Explorer, went to my Taxes folder, clicked on 2019, and then opened the tax return and scrolled to find the NJ 1040. Line 29. Copied the number and added it into the appropriate field on the application. If that's "tough as nails", nails aren't all that tough.
How many people dont have their 2019 state tax form readily available? The party who is implementing these loopholes to crawl through, are the same people fighting to bluntly put that minorities are too dumb (or whatever verbiage they want use) for a requirement to have an ID to vote. How do they explain that?

Old 11-22-2022, 09:44 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
How many people dont have their 2019 state tax form readily available? The party who is implementing these loopholes to crawl through, are the same people fighting to bluntly put that minorities are too dumb (or whatever verbiage they want use) for a requirement to have an ID to vote. How do they explain that?
Yeah, everything is about party division for you. Gee, wonder why.

Old 11-23-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yeah, everything is about party division for you. Gee, wonder why.
Theres one political party out there hoarding and spend our taxpayer money for themselves, and the other is really for the people.

Old 11-23-2022, 12:01 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
Quote:
Theres one political party out there hoarding and spend our taxpayer money for themselves, and the other is really for the people.
Lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: