Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 06:18 AM

88,513 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
The guy said May is one of the most miserable months lol. What he is talking about
NJ has an absolutely beautiful May. Flowering trees, everything green, no bugs or humidity yet.

I love how this guy who has likely never been in Monmouth County is telling those of us who actually live there what it's like.

Old 10-14-2022, 06:24 AM

88,513 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I don't see new money in Monmouth, its all old money, blue collar towns or resort towns. Where are people working who live in Monmouth? There are no major corporations, or big business. A quick look on the county economic page, is that hospitals and grocery stores are the largest employers in the area. I'm asking out of curiosity, as I don't see it a thriving place to substantiate the demand of luxury apartments going up desperately that the Netflix site can't be built.

NJ weather does suck from November thru June, come November its 70% cloud coverage through June. September and October are peak sun months. According to maps the best time to be in NJ is from June 20 - November 10.

https://weatherspark.com/y/24472/Ave...tes-Year-Round
Well, Danny boy, where do/did those of us who live in Monmouth work?

<cue Jeopardy theme>

How 'bout maybe that place on the island with all the tall buildings to the north and east of us? That's where I worked, and the commuter trains were packed, as are the Academy buses.

Next question. In which county is the town that lost more people in the World Trade Center than any other in New Jersey?

Old 10-14-2022, 06:26 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I love how this guy who has likely never been in Monmouth County is telling those of us who actually live there what it's like.
Let's not forget that there are no direct flights to Monmouth County from Moscow or St. Petersburg.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 07:15 AM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
The guy said May is one of the most miserable months lol. What he is talking about
Spring is beautiful is the entire northern hemisphere (not just NJ) but from a clear sky/ sun perspective it is the worst of the 12 months for NJ.

Old 10-14-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, Danny boy, where do/did those of us who live in Monmouth work?

<cue Jeopardy theme>

How 'bout maybe that place on the island with all the tall buildings to the north and east of us? That's where I worked, and the commuter trains were packed, as are the Academy buses.

Next question. In which county is the town that lost more people in the World Trade Center than any other in New Jersey?
That's my point, there are no major corporations in Monmouth County. Yeah, a lot of people work in NYC but its not necessarily the best/easiest commute. Anyway, I hope Netflix comes in and brings great jobs for Monmouth County as its a cool place to live.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:16 AM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
June sucks? Since when? May, April? I think spring here is great, it's certainly not weather that would keep a movie from being made.
agreed. May is nice here. April is overcast, but the weather is good.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:33 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,122,745 times
Why is there a two page discussion about weather? Someone doesn't understand what a studio or soundstage is. It doesn't matter what the weather outside is. Vancouver and Toronto are two of the biggest tv/film cities in the world and the weather in both places is far worse than NJ.

Anyway, I was born & raised in Monmouth Co., 4th generation. I spent 8 years of my youth living close enough to Ft. Monmouth to hear Taps being played whenever our windows were open. One of my grandfathers owned a business in Red Bank. The other worked in the City. My dad had his own local business, my mom commuted to Piscataway for awhile then eventually got a job in Holmdel. But why would local jobs matter to a major film studio? It's also less than a mile from the main gate to the Little Silver train station - with direct service to EWR. Do you have any idea how long it takes to drive from LAX to the studios in the Valley? I don't see many movie stars flying Southwest to Burbank . . . but anyone in a private jet can just as easily fly to Allaire.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
But why would local jobs matter to a major film studio?.
It doesn't but developers are trying to put in luxury condo's apartments in the lot, rather than a film studio. The question is, where are all these jobs coming for people to affording these types of places.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:52 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Spring is beautiful is the entire northern hemisphere (not just NJ) but from a clear sky/ sun perspective it is the worst of the 12 months for NJ.
That's not accurate at all.

Old 10-14-2022, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's not accurate at all.
Is spring just a NJ event? Also spring is hardly an event here in the garden state. It whips from cold to hot very quickly. The weather in this state is cloudy and wet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey