Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2022, 06:26 AM

148 posts, read 220,402 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

Moving to Ramsey (have unique opportunity) and interested to know more about the town. Have a son in 3rd grade (private school currently but went to public prior) but understand that Ramsey school district is rated highly and thinking about using public school starting grade 4. It is my understanding that Ramsey has 1 school that is for grade 4-5? If that is the case, then it may be an easy transition for a kid as some kids won’t know each other as they come from several smaller K-3rd grade schools? Would also try to sign my son up to some camps in the summer to meet other students prior to school starting, I assume that is available?

Does anyone have children in the grade 4-5 and 6-8 schools in Ramsey and you satisfied? Is the town family oriented? How are the sports programs (son is athletic)?

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2022, 10:07 PM

4,286 posts, read 10,764,282 times
Yes, 1 school for 4-5 and then a middle school and HS. So starting grade 4, they will be with the same kids until they graduate.

I dont live there, but I am sure you will be happy. Schools are good.

Sports wise, nothing stands out, but they offer all you would expect

Old 01-02-2023, 05:43 PM

3 posts, read 1,778 times
Ramsey is a great town but its also sort of big with lots of kids. If your 3rd grader is in a private school, may be a different culture then he's use to. While in general all Bergen County schools are good, Ramsey is so-so. I had kids that went to Allendale and that is a much better school system, and nearby as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey