Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 06:38 PM

193 posts, read 145,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
okay there's that, but last year we barely had a winter at all, so I do know what they're talking about.
Exactly. I looked at the weather for last February and March just out of curiosity. Almost half of February was in the high 60s and low 70s, same with March. Even January, while colder, was definitely mild. I didn’t intend to make this political, I’m just saying that this isn’t natural and shouldn’t be celebrated.

It’s not common for us to get into the negatives or close to zero degrees, but what we experienced last winter is not natural at all. What used to be natural was most days from late December thru March hovering around the 20s and 30s. Now, that’s an anomaly.

I hate the thought of having kids one day and them never knowing what it’s like to play in the snow. It’s not that simple for me to move, because I have a lot tying me here, but it is sad to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Or the fact a perfectly innocent thread about the weather was turned into a sarcastic political rant.

I bought new corduroy pants. Hope I get to wear them.
You won’t, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed as well.

Old 10-23-2022, 07:33 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
I think Covid helped the atmosphere a lot because many did not drive around or travel for 2 straight years.

Old 10-23-2022, 09:35 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,060,271 times
Quote:
Do you think we’ll finally have a true winter this year?
I sure hope not !

Old 10-24-2022, 03:59 AM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Yep all that global warming that just started to happen since 2009. It was like last year South Jersey beat its snow averages and North was slight below average for 2022, or that 2010 was the 3rd coldest and snowiest winter since the record began, or 2014 was the the 7th.

Maybe we will turn back to the days of 1973 recorded as the warmest NJ winter or 1919 which holds the record for 2nd warmest.

If we start paying more taxes, the politicans have promised us steady climate going forward.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:23 AM

4,028 posts, read 3,636,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Yep all that global warming that just started to happen since 2009. It was like last year South Jersey beat its snow averages and North was slight below average for 2022, or that 2010 was the 3rd coldest and snowiest winter since the record began, or 2014 was the the 7th.

Maybe we will turn back to the days of 1973 recorded as the warmest NJ winter or 1919 which holds the record for 2nd warmest.

If we start paying more taxes, the politicans have promised us steady climate going forward.

If you’re not willing to give up at least 50% of your paycheck to address climate change you’re not a real American

Old 10-24-2022, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post

Look at the forecast for North Jersey (like Bergen County) last February. More than a handful of 60-70 degree days. I don’t buy much into climate change either, but something had to be going on.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:52 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
This makes me wonder if the Eddie Bauer parka I purchased last year was a complete waste of time.
I see this part of the country with steadily warming Winters, But never fear, sol, there will always be some days when you will cherish that parka.

I too bought a new super-warm down parka 3 years ago and I doubt that I have needed it much more than a dozen times since. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
I'm in Manhattan and it seems never to get frigidly cold here.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I see this part of the country with steadily warming Winters, But never fear, sol, there will always be some days when you will cherish that parka.

I too bought a new super-warm down parka 3 years ago and I doubt that I have needed it much more than a dozen times since. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
I'm in Manhattan and it seems never to get frigidly cold here.
It really never dips below the 50s in the winter anymore, except for a handful of days. I feel like I either need to move to the very northwest corner of NJ or New England to experience true winters. Which sucks because I love everything else about being where I am, especially the shore.

Old 10-24-2022, 11:53 AM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol210 View Post
It really never dips below the 50s in the winter anymore, except for a handful of days. I feel like I either need to move to the very northwest corner of NJ or New England to experience true winters. Which sucks because I love everything else about being where I am, especially the shore.
Here's last years weather:

January 2022 - Average Temperature 28.5 (31.7 historical average)
February 2022 - Average Temperature 35.6 (33.9 historical average)

It was pretty average last year and cold, the lake I live on in Morris County had about 6 inches of ice in January which was great to play hockey, ice skate and play around on. El Nino, La Nina and the Jet Stream will move the different air pressures. Some time we will get some hot air, sometimes we will get cold. If the Jet Stream is right over our heads we will likely get snow, wintry mix or rain.

If Global Warming was happening, which they couldn't find evidence of so they are saying we are in a decades "pause" , they are talking fractions of percent (like third decimal point rounding).

https://climate.rutgers.edu/statecli...NJ00&elem=avgt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey