U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 09:17 AM

279 posts, read 1,299,861 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on this complex in Middletown? Are they single family homes or townhouses? Based on the website, the homes look detached but it indicates that it's maintenance free and that the complex handles all of the snow removal and landscaping. Also, it seems to be close to a highway...how close or far away are these homes to the highway and is it noisy? Lastly, the lot sizes aren't indicated so wondering if it's like KHov and the lots are like .19 or .2 or something small.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 09:29 AM

687 posts, read 3,089,684 times
They are single family houses, but they are super close together. The lots are very, very small. They are right on Rt. 36, which is a pretty busy road--lots of Shore traffic.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,437,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort View Post
Does anyone have any information on this complex in Middletown? Are they single family homes or townhouses? Based on the website, the homes look detached but it indicates that it's maintenance free and that the complex handles all of the snow removal and landscaping. Also, it seems to be close to a highway...how close or far away are these homes to the highway and is it noisy? Lastly, the lot sizes aren't indicated so wondering if it's like KHov and the lots are like .19 or .2 or something small.
the place is planning at it's worst, the lots are small, the homes are large, I think outside maintenance is included but there must be HOA fees that pay for that. It is close to the highway and it can get noisy and on weekends the traffic going to sandy hook sometimes backs up to the place. I didn't know HOV was involved with the place, the original builder went bankrupt and many units sat incomplete for a long time.
for the money you can do better elsewhere

Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 AM

279 posts, read 1,299,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
the place is planning at it's worst, the lots are small, the homes are large, I think outside maintenance is included but there must be HOA fees that pay for that. It is close to the highway and it can get noisy and on weekends the traffic going to sandy hook sometimes backs up to the place. I didn't know HOV was involved with the place, the original builder went bankrupt and many units sat incomplete for a long time.
for the money you can do better elsewhere
KHov is not involved with this place. The new builder is Maplewood Homes. I was just comparing the size of the lots that Khov gives with their houses (VERY SMALL)..the houses are basically on top of eachother. I tried calling the listing agents for some properties that were listed and they weren't able to give me lot sizes.

What other areas can you suggest? Are there other developments similar to Cottage Gate that is family oriented? Our budget is 500-600K. Schools are very important to us. We are concentrating on the Middletown area (areas zoned for Middletown South HS). We also like Freehold but it just seems so far down Rt. 9 and my husband will have to go into the city so we're trying to make the commute a little easier, therefore concentrating on Middletown. I like Holdmel also (esp the schools) but there is nothing decent in our price range. Manalapan and Marlboro are also on our list but once again, nothing decent in our price range.

Thanks!

Old 05-29-2008, 08:57 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,437,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort View Post
KHov is not involved with this place. The new builder is Maplewood Homes. I was just comparing the size of the lots that Khov gives with their houses (VERY SMALL)..the houses are basically on top of eachother. I tried calling the listing agents for some properties that were listed and they weren't able to give me lot sizes.

What other areas can you suggest? Are there other developments similar to Cottage Gate that is family oriented? Our budget is 500-600K. Schools are very important to us. We are concentrating on the Middletown area (areas zoned for Middletown South HS). We also like Freehold but it just seems so far down Rt. 9 and my husband will have to go into the city so we're trying to make the commute a little easier, therefore concentrating on Middletown. I like Holdmel also (esp the schools) but there is nothing decent in our price range. Manalapan and Marlboro are also on our list but once again, nothing decent in our price range.

Thanks!
middletown is an older area and doesn't have as many developments like holmdel or the marlboro area. near cottage gate is the navesink section, but these are older homes. you could try the oak hill area, or for lower priced homes, the new monmouth section might be in your price range, but I can't say what schools they use, there is a section behind the stop and shop on 35 that has nice older homes and uses south. good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey