Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 05:21 PM

3 posts, read 18,720 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I will be corporate renting an apartment for a few months at the beginning of August and wanted some opinions on the 333 River Street and 77 Park Avenue buildings if anyone has ever lived there? 333 River Street is looking the more favorable but as I cannot physically view the building prior I wanted to know if it was a nice enough building to spend the $$$ on, especially if someone has rented there corporately, Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 05:28 PM

4 posts, read 34,197 times
We lived at 77 Park Avenue four years ago. It is a nice building with relatively (built in 2000) new units. Both are high rise rentals with a doorman. The 333 River Street location is better as it's right on the river, with Pier A park and the river walk right outside your door, a King's supermarket, on the ground floor, and 3 great restaurants just below also, overlooking the city. But I think it might be a little pricier than 77 Park, which also has a convenient location, although not as spectacular.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:47 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,167 times
I live at 333 River. Ask away!

Old 05-28-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbygster View Post
We lived at 77 Park Avenue four years ago. It is a nice building with relatively (built in 2000) new units. Both are high rise rentals with a doorman. The 333 River Street location is better as it's right on the river, with Pier A park and the river walk right outside your door, a King's supermarket, on the ground floor, and 3 great restaurants just below also, overlooking the city. But I think it might be a little pricier than 77 Park, which also has a convenient location, although not as spectacular.
Thanks! Yes, the location of 333 River Street is what is steering me more towards it than 77 Park Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I live at 333 River. Ask away!
Oh fantastic! I have a few minor questions. I will be renting a 2BR, per month I can rack upto $100 worth of utilities though I am a bit unsure what these consist of, how much more do you think I would be paying in excess?
How decent are the apartment conditions? I have seen a few pictures online but most differ with each website so I am a little unsure of how they actually look and I don't want to feel uneased when living there. Unfortunately I live too far to view the place so any imput is appreciated.

Oh, and if you have any info on the fitness center? Does it get crowded? Do you have to pay extra to use it? Thanks!

Old 05-28-2008, 06:49 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl19 View Post
Thanks! Yes, the location of 333 River Street is what is steering me more towards it than 77 Park Ave.

Oh fantastic! I have a few minor questions. I will be renting a 2BR, per month I can rack upto $100 worth of utilities though I am a bit unsure what these consist of, how much more do you think I would be paying in excess?
How decent are the apartment conditions? I have seen a few pictures online but most differ with each website so I am a little unsure of how they actually look and I don't want to feel uneased when living there. Unfortunately I live too far to view the place so any imput is appreciated.

Oh, and if you have any info on the fitness center? Does it get crowded? Do you have to pay extra to use it? Thanks!
Ok, your utilities will vary depending on where in the building you are. I never use the heat in the winter due to constant sunlight so average utility bill in the winter is about 35-40 dollars/month. In the summer I use the A/C often and my bill is around 100-150. Cable is about 100 and that includes phone.

Be prepared for sticker shock though if your company isn't footing the whole rent. I pay 2745/month with a reserved parking spot. The supermarket in the building is small and pricey and I only use it if absolutely necessary. ($6 gallon of milk is standard).

The residents tend to be very rude, self absorbed, and snotty. Lot's of trust fund trash here make it a very unneighborly place, but pay them no mind. The building is pet friendly, but hold your nose and watch where you step on the North and South elevator banks as some residents allow their dogs to urinate in the elevator and make no attempt to clean it up.

There are 3 bars downstairs (Trinity, 340, and The Quays). Crowds get can get very loud some weekends and some weekends you can hear a pin drop.

The gym is free and consists of 4 elliptical machines, 8 treadmills, 6 bikes, 4 stair machines, good weight machines, and a very nice selection of free weights. The gym is PACKED from about 6-9 but it is open until 11 and the crowds clear out later, and yes, it is free.

The doormen are good...some are attentive, and some could care less.

The apartments are in good condition and if anything needs to be fixed, the maintenance guys are very fast and take care of you that day.

Anything else? Let me know!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:18 AM

Your summary was perfect, I will not be driving but I have gathered that the PATH station is in very close proximity to the building so that should suit me fine. if I have more questions nearer the time I shall keep you posted! Thanks very much HobokenGuy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: