Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2023, 02:56 PM

3 posts, read 4,101 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking of moving to Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ. We’re in our 30’s with two young children and really love the vibe of Ho-Ho-Kus. We’re not religious, but culturally Jewish and hoping to find a town that has a Jewish population. We know towns like WCL and Wyckoff have this, but does anyone know the extent in Ho-Ho-Kus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2023, 06:38 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,642,764 times
Ho-Ho-Kus is tiny, both in size and population. I can’t imagine there being much of any one thing there (except rich white people, probably).

This website has the Jewish population there at about 4%: Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Right now there’s only 3 houses for sale in Ho Ho Kus. I’m sure it’s a fine town, but you should probably explore others as well. Ridgewood could be an option. If you want somewhere more affordable than Ridgewood, Fair Lawn is a good town with a sizable Jewish population.

Last edited by Yac; 06-28-2023 at 09:12 AM..

Old 06-27-2023, 09:26 PM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppw321 View Post
My husband and I are thinking of moving to Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ. We’re in our 30’s with two young children and really love the vibe of Ho-Ho-Kus. We’re not religious, but culturally Jewish and hoping to find a town that has a Jewish population. We know towns like WCL and Wyckoff have this, but does anyone know the extent in Ho-Ho-Kus?
I currently only know one person who lives in Ho-Ho-Kus (but I know he has a wife also). They are Jewish.

Older people. He is a retired lawyer.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 06-27-2023 at 09:37 PM..

Old 06-27-2023, 11:59 PM

182 posts, read 136,669 times
My sister and her family have lived in the Powderhorn section for over 20 years.

She tells me that the majority of the population is Catholic and attend St Luke’s on Sunday. The observant Jewish population is very small. Ironically, my niece’s best friend in town happens to be Jewish and both are rising sophomores at Northern Highlands.

It’s a gorgeous town with top notch schools. It feels warmer and more homey than many other swanky communities I’ve visited.

Old 06-28-2023, 01:18 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,604,049 times
Ho ho kus is a great town, but as you'll find (and your realtor will likely tell you), its extremely small and thus inventory is tight. You'll likely want to expand your search to the surrounding top tier communities in the 208/287/17 corridor. High school is northern highlands, so if thats important to you, you have some options.

Old 07-08-2023, 05:49 PM

3 posts, read 4,101 times
Thank you! This was really helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey