U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,306,607 times

Advertisements

It's okay. The high school could be Middletown South which is the better of the 2 districts. But overall it isn't at the same level of an Oak Hill, Navesink etc. However, barring an exception (of which I'm sure there are some) I don't think those areas will have a house available in the 400s...I'd ask her if there is anything in Lincroft (and some of the areas listed too just in case something older cropped up.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpitoo View Post
My real estate agent said she has a few houses she can show me in the leonardo area. How's that area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 08:41 PM

93 posts, read 281,697 times
You're not going to get much, if anything, in Lincroft for that price range.
You'd get more for your money in River Plaza than in Lincroft with the same middle and high school and comparable elementary schools.
I don't know much about Leonardo.

Last edited by lookingout; 06-04-2008 at 08:49 PM..

Old 06-04-2008, 08:57 PM

17 posts, read 53,832 times
Leonardo is nice, but Navesink is nicer.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:00 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,437,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpitoo View Post
My real estate agent said she has a few houses she can show me in the leonardo area. How's that area?
so-so, it's a blue collar/lower income area, some streets are nicer than others, if that's what your budget allows it isn't the worst choice that you could make

Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,306,607 times
Yes River Plaza would be a good place to ask about.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:30 PM

10 posts, read 65,532 times
can anyone tell me about the Laurence Greene development? It's right near Tatum Park off Laurel Ave. What part of Middletown is that considered? The schools are Nut Swamp, Thomspon, and Middletown South. What are those schools like, both in terms of academic rigor and student culture?

Old 11-17-2008, 04:49 PM

I believe the development is called Laurel Greene. It's a nice development-easy access to pretty much everything including Hwy 35 and the GSP. You can't go wrong with the schools-top notch in that area. The academics are on par-but as far as culture, it is not very "artsy". There are programs you can take outside of the school at several locations-either through the parks system or the Middletown Arts Center or in nearby Red Bank.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:50 PM

10 posts, read 65,532 times
thx, lookingout...by culture, I was trying to discreetly ask if the kids there are snobby or down-to-earth. I know it's a pretty nice area there. Just outside the development there are these huge mansions, so I'm just trying to make sure it'd be a fit.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM

687 posts, read 3,089,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmh73 View Post
thx, lookingout...by culture, I was trying to discreetly ask if the kids there are snobby or down-to-earth. I know it's a pretty nice area there. Just outside the development there are these huge mansions, so I'm just trying to make sure it'd be a fit.
You'll run into snobbery into that area, as you will run into in most of the neighborhoods that feed into South. The kids at South are, in general, regarded as far more spoiled than the kids at North. That said, there are plenty of down-to-earth people as well, so if you like the house, I wouldn't use that as a determining factor.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 PM

On the other side of Laurel Ave(across from Laurel Greene), it is considered Holmdel, so a lot of the mansions you speak of feed into the Holmdel schools.
There definitely is a good amount of snobbery at the schools, the kids are a product of that in their home environment, unfortunately.
But there are definitely some down to earth people as well. Thompson and South encompass a large area with a mix of both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey