Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 08:44 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
I'll leave you a song

I took 2 years of Italian back in High School - but most of what I know is from listening to my parents and relatives and whatever I speak is the formal version too and not the dialect/slang.
NJGuy: Benvenutto, grazie, ciao!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 09:02 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
NJGuy: Benvenutto, grazie, ciao!
Buona notte

Old 07-05-2008, 06:06 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
NO, NO, NO! Wileynj, we do not use Aquanet hair spray anymore, now many of us use "Freeze It." It is superb!
Anything with a label that reads "VOLUMIZER" or "HIGH VOLUME" will do for this Jersey gal : )) I loved the green can - "Real Volume" but they don't make it anymore..seems every time you find a good, big haired jersey girl product, it dissappears off the shelves. Guess they noticed the huge hole in the ozone over NJ

Old 07-05-2008, 07:13 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Anything with a label that reads "VOLUMIZER" or "HIGH VOLUME" will do for this Jersey gal : )) I loved the green can - "Real Volume" but they don't make it anymore..seems every time you find a good, big haired jersey girl product, it dissappears off the shelves. Guess they noticed the huge hole in the ozone over NJ
Lets market a spray called "Jersey Girl - High Volume and Volumizer for the Jersey Girl look!"

Old 07-05-2008, 07:27 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Lets market a spray called "Jersey Girl - High Volume and Volumizer for the Jersey Girl look!"

I have just the gal for the label! Not a bad idea NJGUY...maybe we can get Bruce to write the jingle!

[SIZE=3]See full-size image[/SIZE]

Old 07-06-2008, 12:14 PM

88 posts, read 536,090 times
Look at the percentage of nationalities in the town you desire or have argued about on THIS web site. I find it funny how many people create a post, how Italian is this town, how chinese is that town, how black is this....look it up....on this very own website! Fair Lawn is 11% Russian, how is that considered a "Russian town", when the most prodominant is Italian at 20%....

Old 09-07-2008, 09:47 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,191 times
Default I LOVE ITALIAN PEOPLES, and, I am I am from Irish, Celtic descent

Fav. food. Italian
Fav. People. Italian
Fav. People w/ love of life and food= Italian
Sligogirl
of Irish/Spaniard/ German/descent
married, a Spaniard ( he was persistant ! )

Old 09-08-2008, 10:32 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Well, lets see
I live in Atlanta now. What do I miss????
Just about everything!!!!!

I miss the attitude
I miss the diners
I miss the pizza
I miss my Eagles
I miss the shore
I miss my in laws
I miss the Hogies
Hell, I miss the food.

Yep the culture, Jersey has it all. This, coming from a West Virginia native who lived in Jersey for 10 years and made it his adopted home town.
I don't miss the property taxes and car insurance, nor to I miss the liberal politicians that brought the property taxes and car insurance rates, thus the "just about" comment.

Compare NJ to where I live now is no comparison, so to all YOU Jersey folks who want to come down to the lovely southeast. Take it from a guy from the south. Stay where you are!!!! Even with the cost of living just remember the old saying, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Now, if you want zero culture, chain restaurants, a major city which is broke with an outrageous crime rate feel free to come on down to Third World America!
Been praying for a transfer since 2005!

So, do me a favor, if your in South Jersey send me a good Cheesesteak, if your in North Jersey, ship down a few Star Pizza's from West Orange will ya!
I feel for you. I lived in WV for a time and couldn't wait to come home!! For the housing being cheaper, I found my groceries, utilities, and would you believe this one - my car insurance was more expensive!!! I couldn't believe it either. There was tax on my clothing AND my groceries. My gas was more expensive AND I had to pump it myself!! How ghastly and uncivilized!!!!
My in-law are there (and can stay there, I might add). You are so right, you get what you pay for.
I always liked to say "West Virginia - where men are men and sheep are nervous"
My other half said that Boone (sp?) county is just like what you would think of with the Hatfields and McCoys and that's where state troopers are sent to work when they screw up. Crazy.....
Best of luck to you, come by for a visit and eat up all the local food when you can. That's exactly what I used to do!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:37 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sligogirl View Post
Fav. food. Italian
Fav. People. Italian
Fav. People w/ love of life and food= Italian
Sligogirl
of Irish/Spaniard/ German/descent
married, a Spaniard ( he was persistant ! )

And if you're like me, who happens to be black and Italian but hates just about all things Italian (especially the food) than you're out of luck in Jersey. I'm an Englishman at heart, with maybe some Deutsch and Japanese thrown in, but pasta-culture? No thanks...give me some beef Wellington, pasties, fried tomatoes, sausage, spetzel, habachi and, especially, SAKI (nectar of the gods) and I'll be happy.

Pacific Northwest, HERE I COME! ( Italian-American population: 0.2 perecent)

Old 09-08-2008, 06:51 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,134 times
LOL. There are tons of people from NJ in the northwest as well as people from all over, but you are in for a big surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey