Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 11:20 PM

10,443 posts, read 6,974,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
I appreciate the advice, but this wouldn't be my first rodeo. Besides, even if I don't get in, with so many of my fellow Americans on hand -- Happy Warriors all -- the vibe alone would be worth the trip.
That's my thoughts too. If I don't get in, to experience the energy, high-spirits, patriotism, friendliness, love and kindness with other Americans in such a large crowd is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 11:19 AM

1,142 posts, read 858,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
We just had an earthquake. Be crazy funny if we had a tidal wave next, doncha think?
Why would this be funny?

Old 04-19-2024, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He also did a great job with GetCoveredNJ, which was how I was able to have health insurance after I was laid off in 2019 and lasting through 2020/
One problem with health insurance is that rates are based on household income rather than individual income. Furthermore, the entire health industry is treated like a buiness rather than a human need.

Old 04-19-2024, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Rally will be held on the beach in Wildwood, NJ at 7:30pm on Saturday May 11th.

https://www.nj.com/politics/2024/04/...ls-so-far.html

The last time Trump came to Wildwood in 2020 there were over 100k ticket requests for a weekday event in January. This rally has been moved to the beach to accommodate large capacity.

Congressman, Jeff Van Drew has invited Trump to NJ for the rally.

As both Van Drew and Trump have been extremely vocal of the travesty happening at the Jersey Shore with Offshore Wind, I expect it to be quite a focal point.
It would be a miracle if Trump won the NJ vote. But, there are just too many idiots in Camden, Trenton, and Newark who will still vote for open borders, triple inflation, high gas prices, and giving our tax money to illegals over Americans. I just hope enough other states vote Trump. Honestly, I don't know how I can afford to live another 4 years based on Biden-inflation rates which affect everything from gas prices to cost of food.

Old 04-19-2024, 12:36 PM

8,057 posts, read 7,429,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
It would be a miracle if Trump won the NJ vote. But, there are just too many idiots in Camden, Trenton, and Newark who will still vote for open borders, triple inflation, high gas prices, and giving our tax money to illegals over Americans. I just hope enough other states vote Trump. Honestly, I don't know how I can afford to live another 4 years based on Biden-inflation rates which affect everything from gas prices to cost of food.
They are voting for abortion, that's all. As if NJ would ever outlaw abortion.

Old 04-19-2024, 12:41 PM

Quote:
They are voting for abortion, that's all. As if NJ would ever outlaw abortion.
Exactly right. Many Democraps are too dumb to realize that Abortion laws are set by the State, nothing to do with the next President.

Old 04-19-2024, 12:41 PM

445 posts, read 319,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
NJ still votes Democrat if you take out the five biggest cities. Biden would have comfortably won 2020 without Newark, Trenton, Paterson, Camden, and AC. Trump's MAGA brand doesn't appeal in the suburbs. We see that in all of the major swing states and it is exacerbated even more in NJ because of how many wealthy suburbs we have. There just aren't enough rurals in NJ to make it closer vs. a place like PA. The current Republican Party has alienated most of these folks who aren't necessarily aligned with most of the Dem platform either.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:21 PM

10,443 posts, read 6,974,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
NJ still votes Democrat if you take out the five biggest cities. Biden would have comfortably won 2020 without Newark, Trenton, Paterson, Camden, and AC. Trump's MAGA brand doesn't appeal in the suburbs. We see that in all of the major swing states and it is exacerbated even more in NJ because of how many wealthy suburbs we have. There just aren't enough rurals in NJ to make it closer vs. a place like PA. The current Republican Party has alienated most of these folks who aren't necessarily aligned with most of the Dem platform either.
Different type of election, they are not mailing out ballots to every single person this cycle. Salt caps hurt Trump deeply in NJ for almost all homeowners.

The Jersey Shore from Monmouth down are a Trump stronghold, plus Wildwood pulls in the Pa suburbs. A lot of people are upset with the Offshore Wind Turbines, which is a significant political topic this cycle.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 04-19-2024 at 01:55 PM..

Old 04-19-2024, 01:38 PM

88,547 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Really? You're better than this.
Sorry.

Just said it for the humor value. My imagination got the better of me. The picture in my mind of DJT and his crew running from a big wave was entertaining.

While I don't want Donald Trump to be President, I don't hate him for just being who he always was, and I wouldn't actually wish harm on either him or his followers.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:44 PM

88,547 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
But it's not all rurals. All my relatives up in my NW Bergen County hometown are Trump devotees, as is my sister in Sussex. Down here in Monmouth County, Trump gets lots of support in the wealthier towns. In Brick, where my best friend lives, you can't drive down any of the streets without seeing a billboard-sized Trump flag hanging off a garage.

Despite all the noise about NJ being so blue, remember that the Biden-Trump split last time out was around 60/40. That's not overwhelming.

I bet if we had been presented with a solidly intelligent, and moderate Republican presidential candidate against Biden, you'd be seeing a lot of NJ people leaning red this presidential election.

There are a lot of people out there like me not married to a party and who don't like either big-party candidate. Sadly, we know we'll be stuck with one damn fool or the other, because there's no strong enough third party in this country. Yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey