Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 02:20 PM

37 posts, read 136,132 times

Advertisements

just a side note about leaving your dog in the car. Yikes! Very bad because of the heat even with the window open. Even worse to let the dog wander out. Dog nappers that sell them for research, animal haters, etc. PLEASE leave your pets home. Thank you for letting me vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
are you going to go all summer with no a/c at all ?

not even a window unit?
If I had it my way, yes, all summer....

No window unit yet.... but I'll be forced into it by the gf. I'm sure of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
No ac with 4 days of 95 degrees, hazy, hot and humid is tough Cu. I don't envy you. The dog must stay in your basement because mine is suffering already and it's only 85. I would suggest 1 window unit for 200 bucks in at least one room. Your call, I just turned on our units and set them at 74.
My parents never had AC, so I'm completely adjusted to it. I've got fans, thats good enough for me The dog is happy, both her laying down spots are right under a fan

Old 06-08-2008, 09:20 PM

238 posts, read 1,247,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
we had a 5000 BTU unit in our rental and got the bedroom quite cold. 99 bucks.

we went to the garden center this morning and brought the dog and i left all of the windows down in the car. my wife was like OMG THE DOG IS GOING TO DIE and i said look she is not dumb, if she's too hot she'll jump out sure enough a minute later she was wandering around looking for us. hehe. so now she'll have to stay home in the A/C
Please be careful with leaving your dog in the car..in this heat even with the windows down is quite dangerous..We had a very bad experience when i was a kid moving to another state. We left our family dog in the car for just few minutes while getting some food on the road...we almost lost her due to the heat & the windows were open. Poor thing..her tongue was swollen...Scared us all & we learned a lesson that day..

As far as the lights...we only turn lights on when it gets dark in the house. I alsohave been switching over to the energy saving lights. We keep the shades down on really hot days like to day to help keep the house cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey